Worst gun ever

Pre-ban Colt Hbar that I bought new in the early 90's. Big POS- must have been a lemon. Sloppy upper to lower fit and terrible accuracy. I could shoot WAY better groups with my brother's SKS. However, I was glad I bought it. Thanks to Slick Willie the Arkansas cigar aficionado, I made a killing when I sold it.

Toss up between KelTec PF9, which was just unpleasant to shoot, and Ruger LC9, which shaved brass off of the primers and got them stuck in the firing pin channel. Truly
a nightmare gun. Ruger also had a trigger pull that was like pulling a fitted sheet up over a mattress. It really sucked.

If you shoot the 340 enough eventually it will blow up. There are at least two or three people from here that had 340s blow up on them. Thankfully when they blow up usually it's not something that causes an injury but the gun will definitely stop working. A friend of mine has the hammer version of the gun, and it eventually blew up too... Smith will fix under warranty but it's still kind of ridiculous. I think they just figure that nobody will shoot it enough to make them blow up, nobody is usually that much of a masochist... [laugh]
I saw one blow up. (Ana's) with weak factory ammo.

Walther p22. My father’s runs fine. Mine got pickier after break in. Couple thousand rounds later And the hammer follows the slide more than it locks back.

Squires Bingham.22 rifle. Made in the Philippines from the cheapest scrap pot metal known to mankind! Got it for next to nothing in a garage sale years ago and worth exactly (next to nothing) that I paid for it. After numerous jams, FTFs, stovepipes and other f***ups, it finally shit the bed permanently after two boxes of CCI Stingers. It is now resting somewhere on the bottom of Mobile Bay. Good riddance!

Taurus PT 22, Taurus .38 revolver, Taurus .357. Junk, junk, junk, and more junk. I didn't expect much but I expected to shoot them more than a dozen times. Nope.
The one that I expected to love but ended up hating was the Walther PPK/S. I wanted one forever and finally got a nice early model. Way heavier than I thought it would be, the sights sucked, the trigger sucked, every edge was as sharp as a steak knife, and for a .380 it slammed the web of my hand like a .44. Beautiful looking classic handgun, but absolutely no fun to shoot.

Tossup - FiresStar in .40 - my hand's damaged from a bike wreck, this gun was painful to shoot.

Walther PPKS by Interarms in .380. Pretty little gun - and who doesn't like James Bond? DA/SA and it would way too often misfire on the first round. Since it was supposed to be a carry gun - that really wasn't optimal. Got rid of it and went to a Colt Mustang.

Two come to mind - I bought a 10/22 that was broken out of the box. My first gun as soon as I turned 18. The shop didn't believe me - I had to take a video of it. The trigger would not reset after each shot - had to manually pull on it. Eventually they agreed to replace. Kind of weird given the history of the 10/22 - but with so many sold I guess eventually a problem had to rear its head.

I also bought an AK that my friend built in his basement from a parts kit. Could not get a magazine into the well, shot like shit, and would jam frequently. My fault for buying a basement build from an amateur.

Two come to mind - I bought a 10/22 that was broken out of the box. My first gun as soon as I turned 18. The shop didn't believe me - I had to take a video of it. The trigger would not reset after each shot - had to manually pull on it. Eventually they agreed to replace. Kind of weird given the history of the 10/22 - but with so many sold I guess eventually a problem had to rear its head.

I also bought an AK that my friend built in his basement from a parts kit. Could not get a magazine into the well, shot like shit, and would jam frequently. My fault for buying a basement build from an amateur.

The 10/22 is far from perfect in terms of quality. My dad has one with canted sights. His solution was "put a Tasco scope on it" and he's had it for probably twenty years with canted sights and a Tasco scope.

As mentioned before, my pick is the Hi Point Carbine. It did what it was supposed to, but it could've been executed waay better. There was zero time spent on aesthetics, zero on the trigger, zero on the ergonomics. However, it was a reliable, accurate, and very soft shooting 9mm rifle. I get Hi Points philosophy and I agree with it, but they need to spend just 2 seconds on making their guns 1000x better.

i've only had 2. i got one of the first interarms stainless .380 walther ppk's when they were offered. wouldn't feed jack shit, ball, hp...nothing. went back twice and i dumped it. not bitching about walther, just that one pistol. the 2nd was another .380 oddly and as mentioned before me, an amt .380 back up.

A Bersa Thunder .380. Had an intermittent trigger and in my opinion was an overly complicated trigger design. No wonder it was $200.

Have to be a bodyguard 380 also that was given to me by a client. Traded it towards the CZ 455 that I love. My Mark 3 target Ruger was also so temperamental I almost threw it in the trash many times until it hit 1000 rounds and then it was great.

The British were desperate for pistols in 1914, and they contracted with a couple of foreign firms to make .455 revolvers as "substitute standard."

From the USA came the Colt New Service, with fantastic bluing and bank-vault lockup. And from Spain? Orbea Hermanos, a clone of the S&W model 3, of which around 60% failed to be accepted for British service because the cylinder spins freely with the hammer down, meaning that if you've got fired cartridges in some chambers and unfired in others, the full chambers will sink to the bottom and leave you clicking when you need to shoot.

I've still got it. It's fantastic in a train-wreck sort of way.

Toss up between BG380 and Kel-Tec KSG. Neither function worth a shit.. at least the KSG looks and sounds the part even if it doesn’t load or eject shells well. Moved on a long time ago from both and safer for it

AMT BACK-UP DAO .380. What a hunk of dog shit. Bought it back in early 2000s from the worst gun store in MA, the GUN ROOM. [rofl] I quickly discovered that you could only clean
it by driving out a roll pin. Also if you dry fired it enough the firing pins would break. A machinist made me a new firing pin. I think I ended up doing a gun shop trade in somewhere on something better, I don't even remember what I got for it in the end, I honestly didn't care, just wanted it gone. Also the trigger was about 900 lbs.

I have had a few other clunkers, but nothing ever came close to that piece of shit. Not even the seecamp .32.

-Mike

I like my little Seecamp 32 ACP, it's on my ankle almost everyday.
My youngest daughter's boyfriend has lost hours at work due to COVID 19.
I told him if he needs some extra cash he could clean some of my guns.
He said he couldn't believe how much sock lint was in my Seecamp.
He cleaned my carry G21, an AR-180, my S&W 617 and my S&W 627-5.
This kid is a keeper, I hope she doesn't screw it up.
Next up for cleaning, my Uzi, (3) SKS's, (2) FN49's & (2) Mauser's.
Then I'll turn him lose on the Mosin's and my Romanian PSL.

Mosquito. Felt good in hand. No matter how I adjusted my grip, thumb would graze the mag release and cause a mag drop. Rear sight moved constantly. Would fire minimags and that's it. 10 rounds. I told the next guy all of this crap, i didnt want to hear any buyers remorse.
My father has an AMT .380. Never shot it, but just handling it makes me not want to.

Forgot to mention the constant stovepipes in that skeeter too. At the time I had that and a glock . 40. I had more fun with the glock. At least it went bang.

I won a Mosquito in a raffle years ago at Four Seasons cook out partially sponsored by Atty Jesse Cohen.
Jesse's girlfriend had cut her Cohen Tee Shirt down to be very revealing. I met Kicker96FS & yanici there.
I told Carl I didn't want it and could I just get a store credit, He finally gave in and I got $250.00.

........ Bought it back in early 2000s from the worst gun store in MA, the GUN ROOM. [rofl]
The GUN ROOM! First place I went to when I got my LTC. They tried to sell me an M&P 40 with a mag safety. I said why would I want that and the guy said because we bought to many and we have to get rid of them.....

Last edited:
I'm gonna split hairs.
Walther PPks in .380 early 2000's. After the changeover.
Tack driver of a pistol. But would cut the SHT out of your hand as the beaver tail was never finished properly. Also took 8 trips back to the mothership before it worked on more than a random basis.

Second. Ruger LC9. First gen. Trigger was the absolute vagness maximuss of all pistols I have ever touched. The break was somewhere between 1 mm and like 6 inches.

The unit mismatch made it literally unshootable for me. Even though it's one of the best 'in your hand feel" hand guns I have touched.

I'm still hoping to try a new gen version soon.

What did I count, three or four gripes about the AMT Backup 380s?
The worse gun I bought AMT Backup in .45 Pussies!

Best comment about this POS: from the internets-
"I had one (original AMT). It is now resting under about 6000 feet of Atlantic seawater.
I was surprised when it sank, because up until that time, it had failed to perform any function as expected." LOL

Mosquito. Wanted a cheap (in price)plinking .22. What I got was cheap all right. Thing looks and feels good in hand but what a turd to shoot. Should've just got the Browning Buckmark first and been done with it.

Back
Top Bottom