• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worst Firearm Instructor - possibly in the history of firearms

The only moves they should be making are away from the dessert table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't talk about bad instructors without mentioning James Yeager:

Never go full James Yeager.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't talk about bad instructors without mentioning James Yeager:

Never go full James Yeager.

I have a lot less angst over this video than the other two. There are plenty of legitimate training courses where you are "down range" during live fire. Not saying being a camera man in a class is a good, just saying no one was point a gun at him intentionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=3]The 1st Law:
The Gun Is Always Loaded[/h]Imagine you’re at the range and a buddy of yours has a new gun that he just picked up. He asks if you want to shoot it and you say “Well, obviously!”. Even if he shows you that the gun is clear and sets it down, the first thing you should always do when you pick it up is to safety-check it. This also applies to setting it down again. Whenever the gun is out of your control, even if you set it on a table for 30 seconds, you ALWAYS want to safety-check it when you pick it up. There is no exception to this rule.
[h=3]The 2nd Law:
Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy[/h]If you’ve done your safety-check and are absolutely sure that your gun is unloaded, that does not give you the go-ahead to be careless with it. Remembering the first rule, The Gun Is ALWAYS Loaded, you should never point it toward anything that you are not prepared to destroy.
[h=3]The 3rd Law:
Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It[/h]Bullets can go through – and beyond – your intended target. Knowing what’s behind your target is an essential step to safety and responsibility.
[h=3]
DSC_0701-1024x658.jpg
The 4th Law:
Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target[/h]This 4th rule, arguably the most important one, should be practiced 100% of the time (as with all of these rules). With any modern firearm, as long as your finger is away from the trigger guard, your firearm will not discharge. Knowing this, there should be 0% chance of a negligent discharge. Notice we didn’t say ‘accidental discharge’, because there is no such thing. It’s negligent, period.

Now, as I understand it, these 4 rules were devised by a guy who thought this out. If you violate all 4 rules, well, now you're in trouble. But so long as no matter how badly you f'ed up, if you had at least followed one or two of these rules, nobody got hurt.

Now, I know we have a ton of military and former military servicemen. I've owned a house on Topsail Island for the last 15 years. I've met and entertained and drank with more marines, both green, and fresh from Iraq or Afghanistan than I care to think about. They've told me these rules are violated all the time, constantly and non trivially. That's just for what it's worth.

I have rules for when I use my tablesaw or when my neighbor needs to use it. And I get that. I consider a table saw FAR more dangerous than a gun. Maybe that's just me . But I like these threads reminding of safety, and they are good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the feel a little Fuddish.

Imagine How Many are actually out there Making $ off this crap Teaching?

I hear you. The same is to be said about the rise in mma and Brazilian JJ gyms at every corner - some fool rolls around on the mat and next week they call themselves an instructor. Its a "build it and they will come" type of thing

I hear you. The same is to be said about the rise in mma and Brazilian JJ gyms at every corner - some fool rolls around on the mat and next week they call themselves an instructor. Its a "build it and they will come" type of thing

I think there is a legit MMA fighter that goes around and challenges these dudes on camera. It's pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom