• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worman v. Baker - AWB Challenge.

MuzzleDiscipline

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No reason they will grant cert on this. Maybe in a couple years when Trump needs to put a RBG replacement on the court they will have something worth deciding.

SFC13557

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this makes a lot of sense. The court is always deeply concerned with its own legitimacy. Suddenly deciding a ton of gun cases in one term, right after Kavanaugh's appointment, with decisions released during an extremely contentious presidential election year, is playing a dangerous game.

Best to move the needle more slowly, over a longer period. If the left is ascendant after the 2020 election, they're sure to pass some full retard gun laws that will be ripe to be struck down. Best to lay the groundwork for that now, rather than immediately make a bunch of strong rulings that will cause pushback in the political sphere. If they let the left lead with their stupid laws and/or executive orders after 2020, there will be very strong political pushback against it, and the court can be seen as following public opinion to some degree rather than leading it.
Legitimacy? From who? Oh right the leftists have sent threatening letters to the court to try to influence their opinions especially on abortion. I guess Roberts is afraid of being shunned in the DC cocktail circuit again.

terraformer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I find it "interesting" that no one from Comm2A has commented???

Maybe they are too busy "crossing their fingers" to type an update on this thread?
Excuse me??? Comm2A is the reason this case even exists and we aren't relying on the NSSF case which is basically going to end that Healy is good to go for her BS. I spent the better part of July and August when this came down lobbying the NRA to get their support for this case. We spent our time and resources providing everything we could to the lawyers working on the case early on. We were given a chance to be plaintiffs but we don't do that any more for strategic reasons. We don't cross our fingers. We think and act long term.

ETA: I don't want the above to be taken like no one else was involved in making this case happen and having sustained it. Lot of people, the plaintiffs, GOAL, the NRA and others have committed a lot of resources to this. I was more trying to make clear that the second Healy released her stupidity, I was working on getting the attention and the resources of national orgs focused here. That we didn't join as plaintiffs is a strategic decision.

Last edited:

terraformer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Comm2A is a handful of people who have actual day jobs and lives outside this forum and doing Comm2A stuff. I'm guessing Knuckle Dragger hasn't even seen the updates to the thread.

As you already noted, this isn't really interesting news anyways - the case arrived at SCOTUS and cert has been applied for, that's it. The only interesting thing that'll happen is SCOTUS will either grant or deny cert, and there's no way to know which way that'll go until it happens.
Yes. I also have a newborn and barely read here these days.

terraformer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Do you think when SCOTUS denies it may be partially because of these other cases, eg, viewing them as cleaner?

-Mike
They don't have to take Worman to have an effect on the case. The lower court and circuit decision essentially said that these guns aren't covered by the 2A so the 2A is not implicated. That alone is enough for a remand but they can deal with that in another case and then remand this based on the other case. That's one scenario we expect to happen. Others exist, but that's a good one.

Last edited:

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Excuse me??? Comm2A is the reason this case even exists and we aren't relying on the NSSF case which is basically going to end that Healy is good to go for her BS. I spent the better part of July and August when this came down lobbying the NRA to get their support for this case. We spent our time and resources providing everything we could to the lawyers working on the case early on. We were given a chance to be plaintiffs but we don't do that any more for strategic reasons. We don't cross our fingers. We think and act long term.

ETA: I don't want the above to be taken like no one else was involved in making this case happen and having sustained it. Lot of people, the plaintiffs, GOAL, the NRA and others have committed a lot of resources to this. I was more trying to make clear that the second Healy released her stupidity, I was working on getting the attention and the resources of national orgs focused here. That we didn't join as plaintiffs is a strategic decision.
Terra: you took me ALL WRONG. I meant that y'all were hard at work on this case (or others) and literally did not have time to run and update this thread. I respect all Comm2A does.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Get the F to work, slacker! ;)

Everyone is always so excited on TV and movies when they have a new baby. I was scared crapless all 3 times. "S-word. My life just changed. . . . again!"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If SCOTUS takes a serious look at the case from MA, any chance Ms. Healey would try to walk-back the "directive" like NY is trying to moot their case?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you imagine that political calculation? Walk-back some very-popular state-level gun control (taking heat from constituents all along the way) to avoid SCOTUS review, or roll the dice with a SCOTUS review and potentially see a lot of other gun control get undone . . .

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One has to remember that the Healy directive came out during the last presidential campaign and she was stroking for a federal appointment once the Hildebeast was annointed. Funny, didn't work out that way.

It is not about making her gun ban stick, but about making her credit for it stick (that will win, rather than cost, votes in the DPRM). If SCOTUS shooters her down, no loss of credit - it's just Trump messing with the liberal agenda.

Last edited:

Mark from MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
One has to remember that the Healy directive came out during the last presidential campaign and she was stroking for a federal appointment once the Hildebeast was annointed. Funny, didn't work out that way.

It is not about making her gun ban stick, but about making her credit for it stick (that will win, rather than cost, votes in the DPRM). If SCOTUS shooters her down, no loss of credit - it's just Trump messing with the liberal agenda.
This, she was trying to make last minute notoriety as an up and coming game changer, who was trying to out left the left and make a name for herself.

As basically making new legislation from the executive branch will not pass constitutional muster, she knew it would be years before a SCOTUS case was ironed out. By that time she figured she would be diddling Hillary as one of her presidential cabinet members.

But that didnt happen. Not that it matters Democrat sheep tend to not care anyway, even if she gets slapped by SCOTUS it will be the evil TRUMPster. No harm can come to her in this state of nanny sheep pussies.

What will be fulfilling is the walk back on gun control. But that will guarantee to be short lived as the a**h*** legislature will then try and take over where she left off.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It was like gang initiation:. show Hillary that she (Maura) could f*** over gun owners harder than anyone else.

mlaboss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This, she was trying to make last minute notoriety as an up and coming game changer, who was trying to out left the left and make a name for herself.

As basically making new legislation from the executive branch will not pass constitutional muster, she knew it would be years before a SCOTUS case was ironed out. By that time she figured she would be diddling Hillary as one of her presidential cabinet members.

But that didnt happen. Not that it matters Democrat sheep tend to not care anyway, even if she gets slapped by SCOTUS it will be the evil TRUMPster. No harm can come to her in this state of nanny sheep pussies.

What will be fulfilling is the walk back on gun control. But that will guarantee to be short lived as the a**h*** legislature will then try and take over where she left off.
And in the meantime, I (and every other MA gun owner with a brain) will be buying a couple cases of stripped lowers.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Get the F to work, slacker! ;)

Everyone is always so excited on TV and movies when they have a new baby. I was scared crapless all 3 times. "S-word. My life just changed. . . . again!"
Our first week i got like 1hr sleep a night, since my wife had a c section. It's how I imagine Navy Seals hell week.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Can you imagine that political calculation? Walk-back some very-popular state-level gun control (taking heat from constituents all along the way) to avoid SCOTUS review, or roll the dice with a SCOTUS review and potentially see a lot of other gun control get undone . . .
This threads not about New York!

Da_lucche

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Demokratic People's Republik of Massachusux
Yup if this FAQ gets slapped down I'm going shopping same day. The legislature probably has the new bill already penned.
Why did you stop shopping? Find an ffl who isn't a pussy who will mtransfer a lower to you and call it a day. Healey ain't bringing anyone to court over this shit. Its all scare tactics to keep ffls from selling.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yup if this FAQ gets slapped down I'm going shopping same day. The legislature probably has the new bill already penned.
Take note of WTF happened in CA. The court stuck down the mag ban, the reversed itself ... but, under the court order, >10 round mags procured during the window of legality remain legal. There will be a rush on lowers in MA if things open up a bit because gun owners are not going to let themselves get ambushed twice in a row.

CrackPot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Take note of WTF happened in CA. The court stuck down the mag ban, the reversed itself ... but, under the court order, >10 round mags procured during the window of legality remain legal. There will be a rush on lowers in MA if things open up a bit because gun owners are not going to let themselves get ambushed twice in a row.
Lowers are already widely available.

Healy crap falls into two buckets
1) stuff that while utter crap has some basis in law and a marsupial MA court might agree with
2) totally made up out of thin air and no basis in law

the statement about lowers of AW being AW is #2. It’s still a paperweight under MA law and therefore lots of dealers are selling paperweights. 4473 and off you go.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Why did you stop shopping? Find an ffl who isn't a pussy who will mtransfer a lower to you and call it a day. Healey ain't bringing anyone to court over this shit. Its all scare tactics to keep ffls from selling.
I know of one but don't want to mess with that.

Behind Enemy Lines

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lowers are already widely available.

Healy crap falls into two buckets
1) stuff that while utter crap has some basis in law and a marsupial MA court might agree with
2) totally made up out of thin air and no basis in law

the statement about lowers of AW being AW is #2. It’s still a paperweight under MA law and therefore lots of dealers are selling paperweights. 4473 and off you go.
Do you find this believable:

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And in the meantime, I (and every other MA gun owner with a brain) will be buying a couple cases of stripped lowers.
Having dabbled a little in Boris's lego technique, I can make stripped lowers (LEGALLY) for around $0.10 each, for my own, personal use.

That might be the "core" part, but it isn't the "expensive" part.

Having a couple cases of stripped lowers is a nice "FU" but unless you also have a couple cases of LPK's, a couple cases of barrels, a couple cases of uppers, a couple dozen cases of magazines, etc., it doesn't mean much.

Top Bottom