• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

my Dad just e-mailed this to me

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world: Murders per 100,000 citizens

Honduras 91.6 (Guess we won't be going there!!)

El Salvador 69.2

Cote d'lvoire 56.9

Jamaica 52.2

Venezuela 45.1

Belize 41.4

US Virgin Islands 39.2

Guatemala 38.5

Saint Kits and Nevis 38.2

Zambia 38.0

Uganda 36.3

Malawi 36.0

Lesotho 35.2

Trinidad and Tobago 35.2

Colombia 33.4

South Africa 31.8

Congo 30.8

Central African Republic 29.3

Bahamas 27.4

Puerto Rico 26.2

Saint Lucia 25.2

Dominican Republic 25.0

Tanzania 24.5

Sudan 24.2

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines 22.9

Ethiopia 22.5

Guinea 22.5

Dominica 22.1

Burundi 21.7

Democratic Republic of the Congo 21.7

Panama 21.6

Brazil 21.0

Equatorial Guinea 20.7

Guinea-Bissau 20.2

Kenya 20.1

Kyrgyzstan 20.1

Cameroon 19.7

Montserrat 19.7

Greenland 19.2

Angola 19.0

Guyana 18.6

Burkina Faso 18.0

Eritrea 17.8

Namibia 17.2

Rwanda 17.1

Mexico 16.9

Chad 15.8

Ghana 15.7

Ecuador 15.2

North Korea 15.2

Benin 15.1

Sierra Leone 14.9

Mauritania 14.7

Botswana 14.5

Zimbabwe 14.3

Gabon 13.8

Nicaragua 13.6

French Guiana 13.3

Papua New Guinea 13.0

Swaziland 12.9

Bermuda 12.3

Comoros 12.2

Nigeria 12.2

Cape Verde 11.6

Grenada 11.5

Paraguay 11.5

Barbados 11.3

Togo 10.9

Gambia 10.8

Peru 10.8

Myanmar 10.2

Russia 10.2

Liberia 10.1

Costa Rica 10.0

Nauru 9.8

Bolivia 8.9

Mozambique 8.8

Kazakhstan 8.8

Senegal 8.7

Turks and Caicos Islands 8.7

Mongolia 8.7

British Virgin Islands 8.6

Cayman Islands 8.4

Seychelles 8.3

Madagascar 8.1

Indonesia 8.1

Mali 8.0

Pakistan 7.8

Moldova 7.5

Kiribati 7.3

Guadeloupe 7.0

Haiti 6.9

Timor-Leste 6.9

Anguilla 6.8

Antigua and Barbuda 6.8

Lithuania 6.6

Uruguay 5.9

Philippines 5.4

Ukraine 5.2

Estonia 5.2

Cuba 5.0

Belarus 4.9

Thailand 4.8

Suriname 4.6

Laos 4.6

Georgia 4.3

Martinique 4.2

And

The United States 4.2

ALL 107 countries above America have 100% gun bans

It might be of interest to note that Switzerland also has NO MURDER OCCURRENCE. However their law requires that EVERYONE own a gun, maintain marksman qualifications and "carry". Interesting how you never hear about this.

Sure about that ?????

Here's just one example that repudiates that statement:

Gun politics in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because of gun politics in Brazil, all firearms are required to be registered with the state; the minimum age for ownership is 25 and although it is legal to carry a gun outside a residence, extremely severe restrictions were made by the federal government since 2002 making it virtually impossible to obtain a carry permit. To legally own a gun, the owner must pay a tax every three years to register the gun, currently at BRL R$85 and registration can be done via the Internet or in person with the Federal Police.

They may not make it easy to own a gun, but it's far from a 100% ban.

Sure about that ?????

Here's just one example that repudiates that statement:

Gun politics in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They may not make it easy to own a gun, but it's far from a 100% ban.

I have a coworker from Brazil that knows I am a gun owner. We talk about the situation in Brazil quite often. According to him you definitely need to know someone to get a permit and even then it is a long process. But he said getting an illegal gun is very simple and takes about an hour.

I have a coworker from Brazil that knows I am a gun owner. We talk about the situation in Brazil quite often. According to him you definitely need to know someone to get a permit and even then it is a long process. But he said getting an illegal gun is very simple and takes about an hour.

So... Same as here.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

I have an uncle in Honduras and his stories scare the hell out of me. People are kidnapped all the time, and the .gov doesn't seem interested in helping.

my Dad just e-mailed this to me

WORLD MURDER STATISTICS

From the World Health Organization:

The latest Murder Statistics for the world: Murders per 100,000 citizens

snip* Jamaica 52.2 snip*

I can't speak for the other 106 countries but I know for a fact that there is not a gun ban in Jamaica.

When I got home last night I had a package from Brownells which included a Jentra Grip Plug for my wifes cousins Glock 17. I never even knew these things existed. He said that he's getting kinda fat and the grip digs into his side. She's going down to Jamaica on Tuesday and will bring it to him. I personally know five people that are licensed in Jamaica and my wife is trying to get her license as she has dual citizenship.

There are gun clubs there and the even do IPSC.

I know that they shoot at the Woodleigh Range in May Pen, which is about 6 miles south of my mother-in-laws house, and the Manchester Rifle & Pistol Club in Mandeville. There at least 2 other ranges that I know of through out the country.

My point being, you can't always believe what people forward you. I'm sure there are people here on NES that can clarify that some of the other 106 country's on that list don't have handgun bans either.

The only thing I hate more than Bad Intel, is Bad Intel provided by myself.
I don't have Scrivener around any more to straighten my ass out [hmmm]

[video=youtube_share;aQ5xU1NoqA0]http://youtu.be/aQ5xU1NoqA0[/video]

Technicall youre correct on Jamaica but giving the annual registration fee is $6000.00 (yes thats not a typo section 44 if you doubt) and the average annual income its a ban via class warfare. Sort of a Linsky thing. So in the purest essence there's a ban on guns in Jamaica unless you're ready to put out 6k in annual licenses and another 2-4 k for ammo taxes and other fees.

Technicall youre correct on Jamaica but giving the annual registration fee is $6000.00

Holy crap! [shocked]

That's $500 a month.

I know people who's property tax bill is far less than that.

Let's hope The Devaluator doesn't hear about this, it may give him some ideas. [rolleyes]

Technicall youre correct on Jamaica but giving the annual registration fee is $6000.00

Thats $6000.00 Jamaican dollars which equates to about $60.00 USD. However since the average jamaican salary is roughly $180,000.00 jamaican dollars (1770.00USD) you can imagine why many cannot afford.

Technicall youre correct on Jamaica but giving the annual registration fee is $6000.00 (yes thats not a typo section 44 if you doubt) and the average annual income its a ban via class warfare. Sort of a Linsky thing. So in the purest essence there's a ban on guns in Jamaica unless you're ready to put out 6k in annual licenses and another 2-4 k for ammo taxes and other fees.

Holy crap! [shocked]

That's $500 a month.

I know people who's property tax bill is far less than that.

Let's hope The Devaluator doesn't hear about this, it may give him some ideas. [rolleyes]

I have the XE CURRENCY CONVERTER bookmarked in my toolbar That's $60.00 US Dollars, per year [grin]

However, ammo is an issue. You are only permitted a certain amount and if you shoot competitively, you have to keep some sort of log that can be corroborated. I don't know the particulars, I just hear how much of a pain in the ass it is.

Last edited:
However, ammo is an issue. You are only permitted a certain amount and if you shoot competitively, you have to keep some sort of log that can be corroborated. I don't know the particulars, I just here how much of a pain in the ass it is.

This.... Very True.

Thats $6000.00 Jamaican dollars which equates to about $60.00 USD. However since the average jamaican salary is roughly $180,000.00 jamaican dollars (1770.00USD) you can imagine why many cannot afford.

Most of the Jamaicans I know live up in the boonies, where $60.00 US is a little more than half a weeks pay on average. Most Jamaican's have people " a foreign " Canada, England and the USA. I know the money flows to Jamaica. Sometimes I feel like I'm supporting an entire parish all by myself.

If I added up all the money, good & services I've sent down there in the last 25 years, I could've spent the money on a half dozen Barrett M82's.

I had to marry the only Jamaican in the world with no siblings, it all falls on us, aka me [rolleyes]

Since it is not stated anywhere in the OP, is it assumed that the murder rates are all attributed to firearms?

This. The Belizan figures are just plain wrong. I have a place down there that I visit frequently. Gun deaths are VERY rare that is because no one owns guns but crime is HIGH. Very HIGH. Knifes are commonly used. As an American I carry a small firearm (G36) when down there. It's illegal by their laws but I do it anyway. I have had only one time where I had to show the firearm. It's a matter of knowing what areas you need to stay out of and making yourself invisible as an American. I move all through the country with out issue, no one notices me and I go to some pretty rough areas (the food is good there - A quality steak with all the trimmings and a bottle of the best wine - $9 dollars Belize or $4.50 US)

If we assume the actual rates of this email are accurate it only proves that murdered is murdered , and the fact that Americans ( in Free States ) are well armed, but not the kill crazy psychos were made out to be.

I often hear that our guns make America a very scary dangerous place , from euro liberal types.

Back
Top Bottom