word is Chief Gemme is good as gone

76Too

NES Member
heard it through the grape vine that worcester police chief gary gemme bought a house in Florida and will be retiring within the year. i'll probably be out of the city before it comes time for me to renew my class A with no restrictions, but this might be good news for anyone looking to get a license in the future.

good riddance.

Comm2a put femme in his place. For what it's worth, friend of mine has lived in Worcester his whole life and has had his fid and ltc since 18. He says he's always been unrestricted. He says he's never heard of anyone being denied. He even was arrested for a misdemeanor and gemme never yanked his ltc. And even renewed it without restrictions.

Now, gemme does make everyone wait 6 months for an appointment on first application,which is wrong, but renewals happen quickly, like within a matter of weeks.

Relative to to the red towns and cities like Lowell, for example, Worcester is paradise. And we could get someone far far worse to replace him.

Could get worse. New-ish COP in Holden has given restrictions on renewals of unrestricted LTC's.

I'd rather he moved to NYC, a dem area instead of infecting FL with his most likely liberal voting.

He is a shitbird, I'm sure they'll figure out how to import another big dump city shitbird that's almost as bad, as big dump cities are often want to do, they love turd polishing chiefs who are really functionaries and not police officers... and in MA bureocratic functionaries often trend towards being dumb/moonbats.

-Mike

Comm2a put femme in his place. For what it's worth, friend of mine has lived in Worcester his whole life and has had his fid and ltc since 18. He says he's always been unrestricted. He says he's never heard of anyone being denied. He even was arrested for a misdemeanor and gemme never yanked his ltc. And even renewed it without restrictions. Now, gemme does make everyone wait 6 months for an appointment on first application,which is wrong, but renewals happen quickly, like within a matter of weeks. Relative to to the red towns and cities like Lowell, for example, Worcester is paradise. And we could get someone far far worse to replace him.

Although unrestricted LTCs are more common now, they have been the exception and not the rule for a very long time in Wormtown. True, very few people are denied, they have just gotten restricted licenses and that's a big difference. As a life long resident he may be connected or has some kind of juice. You don't know, I don't know.

If and when Gemme leaves it may or may not be a time of rejoicing. Too many factors. He can be replaced with someone worse. It happens.

Right now the war against guns and gun owners is heating up. Somehow the real enemy, Jihadist Extremists of whatever stripe, have been replaced with us: gun owners, and terrorist acts have become gun crimes. In this election year Mr and Ms Undecided Amerika might welcome a new Wootown Chief who is tough on crime and guns.,it's all about timing and politics. Gemme is still there and it will happen when it happens.

Although unrestricted LTCs are more common now, they have been the exception and not the rule for a very long time in Wormtown. True, very few people are denied, they have just gotten restricted licenses and that's a big difference. As a life long resident he may be connected or has some kind of juice. You don't know, I don't know.s.

According to the last survey I saw from Comm2A, this isn't actually true. Worcester gets a rep for being shit because they are more obstructionist than restrictive. They used to do shit like sit on the licenses for ungodly amounts of time, basically hoping the applicant goes away, etc.

Worcester is a BDC, and unless the "broken clock is right at least twice a day" thing happens when they pick a new chief, the new guy will probably
be awful, and him being awful will be deliberate and intentional. [laugh]

-Mike

In worcester, you have to make an appointment just to put in an application for a ltc. And my wife just called for a appointment. And they told her mid april is the soonest available. 3 months wait just to apply for a license in worcester. not including waiting for approval. Are you kidding me? Can they do that?

In worcester, you have to make an appointment just to put in an application for a ltc. And my wife just called for a appointment. And they told her mid april is the soonest available. 3 months wait just to apply for a license in worcester. not including waiting for approval. Are you kidding me? Can they do that?

they can and they will. Despite the fact that they're just pulling their puds most of the time. I'm impressed though. It used to be 6 months to get an appointment. I called and set an appointment way back when and was given a date 6 months put. Wife called a month later and also got a date 6 months out. So we kept my appointment. It's blatant and illegal. Hence why comm2a is so valuable. Since your wife only has to wait 3 months, I can only assume comm2a sued or made his life uncomfortable. Donate to comm2a to push our side forward!

ETA: I remember when my wife and I finally got the opportunity to go to our appointment. We showed up super early, anticipating a huge line, figuring wow, 6 month wait, right? Nope. We were the only ones processed that day. They were nice and they were polite. Still aholes for making us wait 6 months.

ETA2: you could just try showing up on a Thursday morning. I'd not suggest it though. Then again, you might get lucky and catch them pulling their puds.

Last edited:
He is a shitbird, I'm sure they'll figure out how to import another big dump city shitbird that's almost as bad, as big dump cities are often want to do, they love turd polishing chiefs who are really functionaries and not police officers... and in MA bureocratic functionaries often trend towards being dumb/moonbats.

-Mike
LOL......
But previous chief was a good guy. In fact Gemme filed a complaint against him and then demoted himself to captain.
He's going to leave this year, done deal. The city has millions of $$$$ of pending lawsuits and it would be SHF if he doesn't go.

they started this appointment thing sometime b4 my last renewal. well i had no idea. so i just walked in to the wpd and handed them my renewal app. and they told me about the appointment thing. and i told them it was news to me. and they just took it and i left. no problem. but i had no idea it was 3+ months for an appointment. i assumed a couple days or a week maybe. wow. gemme is ridiculous. no need for it.

heard it through the grape vine that worcester police chief gary gemme bought a house in Florida and will be retiring within the year. i'll probably be out of the city before it comes time for me to renew my class A with no restrictions, but this might be good news for anyone looking to get a license in the future.

good riddance.

He actually started issuing unrestricted licenses with somewhat regularity within the last few years. N

He's still a dewsh

I can confirm they are issuing unrestricted, but the multi month wait is obnoxious but i guess it is meant to weed out the folks that are fickle or cannot remember they have an appointment. I think the lefties think this somehow limits those who apply. Completely twisted logic.

well, gemme came out this week and said he isn't going anywhere. so it looks like we're stuck with him until 2019 til his forced retirement date.

This announcement was just posted on the WPD's Facebook page:

Chief Gary J. Gemme Announces His Retirement

The transition for a change in leadership at the Worcester Police Department which began nearly six months ago is complete and I am confident that the person selected as the next chief of police is well prepared to assume the responsibility. Therefore, it is my intention to retire from this position on May 13, 2016.

Over the past several months there have been numerous retirements in the department that created opportunities for promotions and the hiring of additional police officers. This type of turnover in the ranks is healthy, it allows for the continuing diversification of the department and career mobility for police officers.

The promotion of a new police chief continues this momentum and is a unique opportunity for the department to revisit and improve upon the department's crime reduction strategies and community policing philosophy. A change in leadership stimulates a renewed energy and leads to the implementation of new ideas. This is vital if the police department is going to be well positioned to meet the ever increasing public safety challenges.
I appreciate the opportunity to serve as the police chief for the City of Worcester. I am humbled to have led a police department of highly motivated, professional, and dedicated men and women. I am thankful for the support and commitment that I received from four exceptional deputy chiefs. The city and the police department are in the hands of highly competent and professional leadership.

I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked for two supportive and professional leaders, Mike O'Brien and Ed Augustus. I am truly fortunate for the weekly and sometimes daily guidance, frankness, and honesty of Kathleen Johnson, in her roles as Human Resources Director and Assistant City Manager.

Most importantly, I am greatly appreciative of the support of the community for without that, Worcester would not be the safe and livable city that it is.
Respectfully,

Gary J. Gemme
Chief of Police

Comm2a put femme in his place. For what it's worth, friend of mine has lived in Worcester his whole life and has had his fid and ltc since 18. He says he's always been unrestricted. He says he's never heard of anyone being denied. He even was arrested for a misdemeanor and gemme never yanked his ltc. And even renewed it without restrictions.

Now, gemme does make everyone wait 6 months for an appointment on first application,which is wrong, but renewals happen quickly, like within a matter of weeks.

Relative to to the red towns and cities like Lowell, for example, Worcester is paradise. And we could get someone far far worse to replace him.

They will get a shitbird to replace, it is guaranteed. It's a BDC and BDCs like to have commie police chiefs.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom