• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pizza Deliveryman Shot

BBQ.Uncle

NES Life Member
NES Member
I refuse to believe this isn't some made up story by the T&G. Everyone knows Chief Gemme's hard stance on guns & that he's made decent citizens safe from armed robbers, for goodness sake.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20110225/NEWS/110229801/1101/rss01&source=rss

WORCESTER — Police were investigating the shooting last night of a 46-year-old pizza deliveryman on Providence Street.

The unidentified victim was taken to UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus, where he was treated in the trauma unit for a gunshot wound to the arm. He is expected to survive, police said.

...The neighbor complained that there are numerous teenagers and young adults in the neighborhood and no structured activities for them. "We don't have Boys Clubs or Girls Clubs. Look around - nothing's here," he said.

Yeah, why aren't the taxpayers providing more activities for teenagers and young adults??? Just knowing right from wrong ain't gonna cut it! [rolleyes]

This was a great comment on the story:

Chooch wrote:
I wonder if a solid ban on guns would have disarmed to perps. I'm sure they abide by the rules. Get a LTC and defend yourself. Oh yea, our Chief of Police won't give one to you.

I talked to a guy a few weeks ago from Worcester that applied for his LTC and it took 6 months. He had to actually meet with the Chief and beg for it. The fact he is military and had a purple heart I am sure helped (at least he said so).

Back
Top Bottom