• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol & Rifle IDPA Match May 8

I just signed up for this, but have never shot an IDPA match before. Is that ok? I signed up as unclassified. Wanted to get registered before it filled up, but figured if I’m not allowed, I could withdraw.

I just signed up for this, but have never shot an IDPA match before. Is that ok? I signed up as unclassified. Wanted to get registered before it filled up, but figured if I’m not allowed, I could withdraw.
Yes you can. Just let the range officer/safety office on your squad know that it’s your first match so they’re aware. They’ll most likely put you as the last shooter on the squad so you have some time to see how the stage goes.

Just make sure you’re SAFE when drawing and holstering. Don’t try to be lightning fast. Be aware of the 180 degree rule which they’ll explain. Keep finger off trigger during reloads and when moving.

Thanks for the reply. I think from a safety perspective I’m ok. I have done a USPSA practice at HSA, so I’m familiar with the range commands and such. Just never done an actual match or qualifier.

With IDPA you need cover a shirt will work the match fee is $20 paid the morning of the match

Back
Top Bottom