Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club IDPA 2/9

john1911

NES Member
Registration is now open for the February 9th IDPA match at WP&RC. Six stages including one low light. Please pre-register at:

Home | PractiScore

Practice is Sunday 2/3 at 5pm (1700)

Sorry for the constant questions. But do I have to wear a vest or jacket as a cover garment? Can I just use a button up collared shirt? Never shot IDPA, so, I’m completely clueless. Other than, I know I’d have to shoot ESP.

Sorry for the constant questions. But do I have to wear a vest or jacket as a cover garment? Can I just use a button up collared shirt? Never shot IDPA, so, I’m completely clueless. Other than, I know I’d have to shoot ESP.
Ask away! Yup you can definitely use a button up shirt.

Careful with the button up. I did that my first couple matches until one time it wrapped over my gun when I tried to draw. Thankfully it didn't create an unsafe situation, but it could have if I didn't immediately stop. I bought a vest on the way home from that match.

You may want to consider a windbreaker or light jacket, something with a little more rigidity.

Good point Mike. I’ve never used a button up before but I can definitely see how that would create problems when you’re drawing - especially fast.

What do BUG rovolver shooter usually use for reloading? Speed strips or loaders? Thinking of shooting BUG-R if my holster shows up and I can figure out what to use for reloading.

Yea, I know, that’s why I’m asking. How do they carry said speed loaders. Supposedly the HKS and Safariland speed loaders don’t work well with the LCR, due to the layout of the cylinder.

Yea, I know, that’s why I’m asking. How do they carry said speed loaders. Supposedly the HKS and Safariland speed loaders don’t work well with the LCR, due to the layout of the cylinder.
I’d honestly try a different/slightly bigger gun than a LCR for your first match. But that’s just my $0.02.

Unfortunately you’re going to have to wait to watch me try my hand at BUG-R with my LCR. I’m having an issue with my trucks electrical system. I’m hoping it’s just the alternator, but I need to figure that out this weekend.

Not to mention my speed loaders and pouches won’t be here in time.

Three speed loaders should be enough right?

Back
Top Bottom