Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

SAVE THE DATE. July 31, 2021 @ 8:00 AM FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE FORTH COMING.

I'M CUTTING AND PASTING INFORMATION AS I RECEIVE IT.

Ladies only Bowling Pin Shoot
Match starts: July 31, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: July 31, 2021 @ 8:30 PM

255 Sewall St.
Boylston, ma 01505

Ladies only Bowling Pin shoot

- 8:30 am mandatory safety briefing, must attend
- minimum caliber: .380
- Head to head matches
- Round robin format
- 6 pins & steel stop plate (7 targets) @ 10 yds
- 1st to knock down all pins & stop plate under 60 seconds = 3 points, 2nd to knock down all pins & stop plate = 2 points, unable to knock all pins down in under 60 seconds = 0 points (DNF)
- start with 6 rounds, all successive ammo feeding devices can be any capacity
- reloads on the clock
- may stage ammo feeding devices on table or person
- bring approx. 150 rounds of ammo
- bring separate small bag or small case for handgun only

Start: low ready or draw from the holster

If you want to draw from the holster:
- contact match director few days ahead of time
- must have proper OWB strong side holster (no cross draw or appendix), trigger & trigger area to be completely covered, non-collapsing
- pre screening needed, please arrive extra early to be screened

$10 for the event

Time Plus (Points) match,

Price:
$10.00

registration via Practiscore at Practiscrore Registration

You can set up a free Practiscore account to see further match breakdown and register for the event. I see 10 slots open as of 5-26-21 21:30

FYI. While our indoor range is being renovated (please stay clear of the construction area as there is some dangerous items best to be avoided), the modern club house lobby and bathrooms are fully accessible.

Jay

Last edited:
Sorry for the duplicate, I put the original post in the WPRC Work Party Thread. D'oh.

The club really doesn't have a "Lost and Found" system set up. Myself and some honest members have found a few items left by members. Some in the field, some on the tables, some on the ground. PM me with what you've lost and if I / we have it, we'll make arrangements to get your property back to you. [thumbsup]

And no, there are no guns, ammo, primers, wallets, wife's, membership card/key FOB's, small pets, jewelry, hearing aids, glasses, or car .keys. :eek::rolleyes:

Jay

Are there events on the calendar open to non members? What time is idpa practice and it’s it open to public?
A little additional information for @wcjkd and others following along.

Links from WPRC web site:

WPRC IDPA

WPRC PIN SHOOT

Neither activity requires WPRC membership. I can highly recommend both activities. I've worked with, shot with, and learned a lot from all of the people who run these events. These are a fine group of people. [smile] On each page there is a link to sign up for notifications.

John -NES= @john1911 usually posts the events here on NES under the NES PISTOL COMPETITION This along with joining their groups notifications should get you started.

FYI, I just noticed there are still slots open for this Saturday's IDPA. If you don't want to shoot, you can always come down and watch to see how it's run. Just remember "eyes and ears" Always. [thumbsup]

There is also a "Pistol Team" which runs from September to about April/May time frame. I am not sure if that is a WPRC member only team (I'm thinking it would be) and I don't have contact info for you, but will ask around or maybe someone else can chime in?

Hope it helps,

Jay

A little additional information for @wcjkd and others following along.

Links from WPRC web site:

WPRC IDPA

WPRC PIN SHOOT

Neither activity requires WPRC membership. I can highly recommend both activities. I've worked with, shot with, and learned a lot from all of the people who run these events. These are a fine group of people. [smile] On each page there is a link to sign up for notifications.

John -NES= @john1911 usually posts the events here on NES under the NES PISTOL COMPETITION This along with joining their groups notifications should get you started.

FYI, I just noticed there are still slots open for this Saturday's IDPA. If you don't want to shoot, you can always come down and watch to see how it's run. Just remember "eyes and ears" Always. [thumbsup]

There is also a "Pistol Team" which runs from September to about April/May time frame. I am not sure if that is a WPRC member only team (I'm thinking it would be) and I don't have contact info for you, but will ask around or maybe someone else can chime in?

Hope it helps,

Jay
Is the pin shoot , shooting from table and mags on the table? Or is it from holster and mag pouch from belt. My daughter has a 22lr but it’s been hard to find a holster

Is the pin shoot , shooting from table and mags on the table? Or is it from holster and mag pouch from belt. My daughter has a 22lr but it’s been hard to find a holster

It's super easy and safe. There are many shooters that shoot Pins with a 22lr, including myself. You shoot from a plastic 55 gallon barrel with either the muzzle or butt of the pistol touching the barrel. You carry your unloaded gun with action open when called to the firing line. You don't have to have or use a holster. I carry a small range bag with the pistol, action open inside. It also holds my magazines. You can leave all your loaded mags on the top of the barrel. Your first magazine can only be loaded to 6 rounds. Reason is that you might go up against a revolver shooter. The rest of your mags can be loaded to maximum capacity. The Range Officer will instruct you to load 6 rounds. Make sure your pistol muzzle or butt is touching the barrel. Then he will ask "Ready on the Left" , "Ready on the Right", you acknowledge. Then he'll say "Standby" . When you hear the timer buzzer go off, you start firing.

When done, keep the muzzle pointed towards the berm and wait for a Safety Officer to come over. He'll ask "If done, show clear" with your slide open. If clear, slide forward. While keeping the gun pointing at the berm at all times, he'll ask you to pull the trigger and slowly holster. For 22lr's that shouldn't be dry fired, after he checks for clear, keep the slide open and put back empty in your bag. Then wait for the "all clear", and reset your pins for the next shooter.

Pins are set up on the back edge of the table, so 22lr shooters can definitely knock them off the table.

It really is much easier in person as I tend to over complicate things when writing. You do it once, and you're an expert. [thumbsup]

Jay

It's super easy and safe. There are many shooters that shoot Pins with a 22lr, including myself. You shoot from a plastic 55 gallon barrel with either the muzzle or butt of the pistol touching the barrel. You carry your unloaded gun with action open when called to the firing line. You don't have to have or use a holster. I carry a small range bag with the pistol, action open inside. It also holds my magazines. You can leave all your loaded mags on the top of the barrel. Your first magazine can only be loaded to 6 rounds. Reason is that you might go up against a revolver shooter. The rest of your mags can be loaded to maximum capacity. The Range Officer will instruct you to load 6 rounds. Make sure your pistol muzzle or butt is touching the barrel. Then he will ask "Ready on the Left" , "Ready on the Right", you acknowledge. Then he'll say "Standby" . When you hear the timer buzzer go off, you start firing.

When done, keep the muzzle pointed towards the berm and wait for a Safety Officer to come over. He'll ask "If done, show clear" with your slide open. If clear, slide forward. While keeping the gun pointing at the berm at all times, he'll ask you to pull the trigger and slowly holster. For 22lr's that shouldn't be dry fired, after he checks for clear, keep the slide open and put back empty in your bag. Then wait for the "all clear", and reset your pins for the next shooter.

Pins are set up on the back edge of the table, so 22lr shooters can definitely knock them off the table.

It really is much easier in person as I tend to over complicate things when writing. You do it once, and you're an expert. [thumbsup]

Jay
How do u sign up for the pin shoot? Can my Daughter 14yrs also do it w me? Is it outside or inside?

How do u sign up for the pin shoot? Can my Daughter 14yrs also do it w me? Is it outside or inside?

Pin Shoot is outside at the Outdoor Pistol range. When you enter the gate, go down a small hill (50 feet) and the Outdoor Pistol range is all the way to the left. Park anywhere that is open.

Just show up with cash ($5 per) and look for the guy with the signup sheet to be added. Not sure on the 14 yo. @john1911 should be able to answer that.

This, there is always someone with the signup sheet. I don't think there is any problem with 14 year old shooting Pins. I kinda remember a few years back getting my a$$ handed to me many times by young teenagers. :eek: No real surprise there.

All kidding aside, as long as they are safe shooters, they should be welcome.

Jay

Pin Shoot is outside at the Outdoor Pistol range. When you enter the gate, go down a small hill (50 feet) and the Outdoor Pistol range is all the way to the left. Park anywhere that is open.

This, there is always someone with the signup sheet. I don't think there is any problem with 14 year old shooting Pins. I kinda remember a few years back getting my a$$ handed to me many times by young teenagers. :eek: No real surprise there.

All kidding aside, as long as they are safe shooters, they should be welcome.

Jay
How the shoot?, I was over voted to go to the beach instead by the wife🥲

I have three contractors working on,in, and around the club house this morning. Excavators, forms and cement contractors, and electrical work. While the lobby/bathrooms remain open, please be cautious around the area.

Also, be careful around the lobby entrance as there have been some Yellow Jackets around the area were you swipe your Key fob. I've sprayed them quite a bit, but still be careful.

Jay

This Sunday from 08:00 - 12:00 WPRC will hold it's monthly Work Party. The club's outdoor ranges are in pretty good shape, so just normal monthly wear and tear items.

Target stands netting replacements, emptying trash, raking up leaves, grass trimming, clay pickup and general cleanup. Weather forecast could be a little dicy rain wise, so we'll play it by ear. All work party hours / credits go towards next years renewal.

Bring gloves, bug spray, etc.

Thanks,

Jay

Shameless bump:

iio1vEy.jpg

Please remember that the Outside Pistol Range will be closed to the general membership while the Ladies only Bowling Pin Shoot is ongoing.

Match starts: July 31, 2021 @ 8:00 AM · Match ends: July 31, 2021 @ 8:30 PM

Weather should be awesome, so general membership please use the other ranges.

Jay

This mornings Work Party went well. Thanks to Dee Dee, Mike G. ,Ray G. , Sam and Robin G. , Walt, and Derek. Target stands refreshed, trash cleared, Outside Pistol Range cable repaired, and other fun activities. To be quite frank, the IDPA guys and ladies do a pretty damn good job cleaning up after their matches (which was yesterday), so thanks to them for making our Work Party duties a little less strenuous.

Sam and Robin prepped the upstairs meeting room for the return to normal monthly business meetings starting September 2nd at 7:00PM.

Thanks again,

Jay

EcOTnoL.jpg

Rh3RnAV.jpg

Depending on how the weather forecast pans out, WPRC is considering putting all loose outside range objects in the sheds or Eagle Leasing containers so they don't become airborne projectiles. Chairs, trash barrels, brass barrels, stands, etc. We'll try and leave a minimum amount of cleanup equipment and target stands in the outside rifle range for the storm duration. If you use them, please cleanup and put them back where you found them. After the storm passes we'll put everything back to its normal location.

Jay

Depending on how the weather forecast pans out, WPRC is considering putting all loose outside range objects in the sheds or Eagle Leasing containers so they don't become airborne projectiles. Chairs, trash barrels, brass barrels, stands, etc. We'll try and leave a minimum amount of cleanup equipment and target stands in the outside rifle range for the storm duration. If you use them, please cleanup and put them back where you found them. After the storm passes we'll put everything back to its normal location.

Jay
Good idea for Sunday at least.

Hello. I’ve been a member for a while. I have a good buddy who is law enforcement looking for a good private range. He wants to join but see membership is on hold for now any exceptions for law enforcement or anyone know who I could call/email to ask? The [email protected] I don’t know if it’s because I have a hotmail address but I never hear back.

Thanks!

Adam

Hello. I’ve been a member for a while. I have a good buddy who is law enforcement looking for a good private range. He wants to join but see membership is on hold for now any exceptions for law enforcement or anyone know who I could call/email to ask? The [email protected] I don’t know if it’s because I have a hotmail address but I never hear back.

Thanks!

Adam

I'd go to the WPRC Contact Page and look for Lee Whitney, the Membership Chairman.

Jay

Just a quick heads up for next week. The Outside Rifle Ranges (25,50,75 and 100 yrd) will be closed for Tuesday August 31st and possibly Wednesday September 1st to allow heavy equipment access over the bridge and to the left of the 100 yard berm to correct drainage issues. Please stay clear of the area. Will update on progress.

Thanks,

Jay

Clearing and discovering drainage issue / troubleshooting was not completed today. We'll finish up tomorrow morning. Some serious ledge exposure / cracks were discovered.
Major kudos to Brad, one of the best excavation operators that does excellent work and always looks out for the club's best interest.

Jay

qrYQrYk.jpg

Work on the outside rifle range is all wrapped up. All ranges are back online. Just in time for some serious rain. Will be a good test. Kinda like that Mike Rowe TV show of dirty jobs. [smile]

Still have a few items on the punch list, mostly cleanup, but the majority of the water issue is resolved. After today's downpour, and some drying, we should see a major difference in flow. Please stay off of it for the time being so we can judge the effectiveness of the work. [thumbsup]

Jay

nw45tM2.jpg

7yHWrm1.jpg

This Sunday September 12th, from 08:00 - 12:00 WPRC will hold it's monthly Work Party. While we've been battling some water drainage issues, the work party will concentrate on general cleanup, target stands, and other minor work. All work party hours go towards your yearly renewal dues. FYI , yearly renewal starts January 1st 2022.

The indoor range renovation project continues. Check out some updates at: WPRC Indoor Range Project 2021

Jay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom