Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

The clarification is that members CAN bring guests just like pre-Corona Virus times. And while there has been much discussion regarding masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, the whole "social distance" thing, etc. please be aware that some of the things we are having our members do is dictated by circumstances beyond our control. Like if the available shooting lanes are full, the next shooter should wait in their car. Also, there will not be any log book to sign in, but you must use your key FOB to enter the main gate even if the car in front of you opens the gate, just swipe your FOB to record your entrance and exit.

As many in Massachusetts government will continue to tell us, these "lunacy things are temporary".

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and aware,

Jay
thank you for your time and effort in clarifying this for us. it is much appreciated.

Yes thanks for your hard work in all of this. As a private club we never should have closed in the first place. Only in these blue states would we roll over and let our bill of rights get trampled. Ironic that this is the birthplace of the revolution. I guess if that happened today we’d be asking the British if it’s okay for us to revolt.

WPRC opened today promptly at 09:00 and the first shots were fired also promptly at 09:00:01. There were long lines and hundreds upon hundreds of members anxious to express their 2A rights. O.K. I might be have exaggerated a bit. Alright, I exaggerated a LOT, but we did have some members shooting and enjoying the gorgeous weather.

I enjoy the reopening.

Life is good.

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and Aware,

Jay

zCtm8f7.jpg

The ranges are in good shape. Members appear to comfortable with some additional "TEMPORARY" requirements. Again, please read in between the lines. I didn't notice any issues and there were plenty of lanes open for members to use.

1st reminder. Members do NOT have to sign in via the log book, but please use your key FOB for all entering and exiting, even if the gate is open from the member in front of you.

2nd reminder. Monday is Memorial Day, so please follow Holiday hours of "Noon to Sunset" for outside ranges. Indoor range is normal 24x7.

Oh and I discovered a side benefit. Members were picking up their brass! Get out of here! WTH! I'm not kidding.

[pics]

O.K., I'll take pictures next time.

Jay

The ranges are in good shape. Members appear to comfortable with some additional "TEMPORARY" requirements. Again, please read in between the lines. I didn't notice any issues and there were plenty of lanes open for members to use.

1st reminder. Members do NOT have to sign in via the log book, but please use your key FOB for all entering and exiting, even if the gate is open from the member in front of you.

2nd reminder. Monday is Memorial Day, so please follow Holiday hours of "Noon to Sunset" for outside ranges. Indoor range is normal 24x7.

Oh and I discovered a side benefit. Members were picking up their brass! Get out of here! WTH! I'm not kidding.

[pics]

O.K., I'll take pictures next time.

Jay

Well, that was short lived. Shot some 9mm reloads today as well as two boxes of factory ammo, for a total of 130 rounds at the far end outdoor range. Came home with close to 500 cases! Picked up even more than that, including 22 lr and some steel cased which I deposited in their respective receptacles. Managed to pick up at least 10 live 9mm rounds too!

So, please pick up your brass AND live ammo!

Well, that was short lived. Shot some 9mm reloads today as well as two boxes of factory ammo, for a total of 130 rounds at the far end outdoor range. Came home with close to 500 cases! Picked up even more than that, including 22 lr and some steel cased which I deposited in their respective receptacles. Managed to pick up at least 10 live 9mm rounds too!

So, please pick up your brass AND live ammo!
Ive been picking up a bunch of live ammo too. The other day at the indoor while doing my cleanup at the end of the night I found 4 live 9mm, no primer hits or anything. Also been leaving with a ton of .223/5.56 brass that doesn't get cleaned from in front of the new rifle stand.

Well, that was short lived. Shot some 9mm reloads today as well as two boxes of factory ammo, for a total of 130 rounds at the far end outdoor range. Came home with close to 500 cases! Picked up even more than that, including 22 lr and some steel cased which I deposited in their respective receptacles. Managed to pick up at least 10 live 9mm rounds too! So, please pick up your brass AND live ammo!

Yes, it was short lived. My wife and I got some range time yesterday and even she was mentioning about the brass. Pretty sad.

Jay

When do the work parties start up again? Is the one on 6/21 still on?

The work party for June 21st is a go. All are welcome. Please remember to have a mask, work glove, etc. Starts at 08:00

Apparently the red ants have been thriving during the pandemic. Beware of the action range!

Thanks for the status. We were there yesterday, but didn't notice to much. Side Note: As our family has been effected with Lyme Disease, everyone should apply a liberal amount of good quality bug spray.

I'll check into when the next time the exterminator is due for the next application.

Jay

There is also a very friendly ground hog under the shed, FYI. Cute little guy.

EE520924-B065-4A96-84B0-A4C2471E61DE.jpeg
27ED0447-FCFE-44B3-BC7E-D3DA88FDF72B.jpeg

The work party for June 21st is a go. All are welcome. Please remember to have a mask, work glove, etc. Starts at 08:00

Thanks for the status. We were there yesterday, but didn't notice to much. Side Note: As our family has been effected with Lyme Disease, everyone should apply a liberal amount of good quality bug spray.

I'll check into when the next time the exterminator is due for the next application.

Jay

Apparently the red ants have been thriving during the pandemic. Beware of the action range!
'

Yep, saw those ants yesterday while assisting in IDPA set up. That's a lot of ants. I've inquired as to which pest control company we are now using and when they are due back. For some reason, the far pistol range and the hill in back of the shooting stand (not the downrange berm) seem to attract a lot of those nasty pests.

Not sure of the "Caddy Shack" ground hog. I saw the hole, but he wasn't poking around when I was there. I passed that info on also.

Thanks for the updates and please let me know of other concerns. I am not part of the Executive Board or anything like that. I do maintenance for the club and pass on information when I hear it.

Jay

From the WPRC web site:

URGENT NOTICE

THE OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE PROJECT WILL START THE WEEK OF JUNE 22ND. IT WILL BE SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY UNTIL IT IS DONE. THERE WILL BE 2 PHASES, THE FIRST WILL BE THE LEAD REMOVAL AND THE SECOND WILL BE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW IMPACT AREA. COMPLETION OF BOTH PHASES SHOULD BE AROUND JULY 11TH. THERE WILL BE NO FIRING ON THE RIFLE RANGE AT ALL.
THIS MEANS DURING PHASE 1, WAITING FOR PHASE 2 TO START, AND COMPLETION OF PHASE 2. NO EXCEPTIONS

NO JUNE MEETING
NO SIGNING IN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I did start a separate thread to try and reach other members who might not subscribe to this thread. Please pass on other members you know.

Stay Safe, Sanitized, and Aware.

Jay

Last edited:
Jay, any word on when we can actually stand next to each other again and not have to wear full surgical gear? I would love to go back there again one day and shoot.
Sad to say we are dependent on Governor Charles. Local Board of Health officials stay on their power trips enforcing these "guidelines".

Jay

Latest message from the President of Worcester Pistol Rifle Club

URGENT NOTICE
THE OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE
CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED. WE WILL BE CONSTRUCTING SOME TEMPORARY TARGET STANDS
THIS SUNDAY. WE WILL TRY TO HAVE THE 100 YARD RANGE OPEN BY JULY 22ND. PLEASE CHECK THIS SITE FOR THE EXACT DATE TO REOPEN. THE 25, 50, AND 75 YARD IMPACT AREA’S WILL NOT BE OPEN. THOSE WILL REQUIRE SOME WORK IN ORDER TO REOPEN.
100 YARD RANGE RULES: NO SHOOTING AT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE TARGET STAND AT THE IMPACT AREA. DO NOT SHOOT AT OR PLACE ANY TARGET IN FRONT OF OR ON TOP OF THE WOOD KNEE WALL. ALL ROUNDS MUST ENTER THE BLACK AREA BEHIND THE TARGETS. WE WILL BE INSTALLING NEW TARGET STANDS WHEN THEY ARRIVE IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS. WE ARE ALSO GOING TO INSTALL A COUPLE OF STEEL PLATES BETWEEN THE PAPER TARGET STANDS. TO SHOOT AT THE 100 YARD IMPACT AREA, YOU MUST BE INSIDE THE NEW SHOOTING STAND. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS NEW IMPACT AREA. IT WAS YOUR MONEY THAT BUILT IT. ANYONE CAUGHT DOING DAMAGE TO THIS BY NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES WILL BE DEALT WITH.
WE HAVE POSTPONED OUR JUMPIN JUNE DRAWING TO THE SEPTEMBER MEETING. WE ARE GIVING AWAY A SIG P365 AND MANY OTHER GREAT ITEMS. YOU MAY STILL GET TICKETS IF YOU MAIL IN TO OUR PO BOX ADDRESS. SEND IN A CHECK AND GET 6 TICKETS FOR $20 MADE OUT TO WPRC AND INDICATE THAT IT IS FOR THE DRAWING.
DUE TO COVID-19 THERE
WILL BE RESTRICTION THAT WILL NEED TO BE FOLLOWED: PLEASE READ ALL POSTED SIGNAGE
INDOOR RANGE WILL BE RESTRICTED TO LANES 1, 3, AND 5
. FACE MASK’S MUST BE WORN IF YOU ARE INDOORS
THE NEW RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING STAND MUST HAVE ALL THE DOORS OPEN AND ONLY 1 SHOOTER PER TABLE.
WHEN ARE DONE SHOOTING, CLOSE ALL THE DOORS IF NO ONE ELSE IS SHOOTING.
THE ACTION PISTOL RANGE WILL HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 2 SHOOTERS.
THE PISTOL RANGE HAS DUCT TAPE ON THE BENCH TO DESIGNATE A SHOOTING POSITION.
IF THE RANGES ARE FULL, REMAIN IN YOUR CAR UNTIL THERE IS AN OPENING TO SHOOT.
ALL MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO HAVE A MASK, GLOVE’S AND DISINFECTANT WIPES/HAND SANITIZER.
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
THERE WILL BE COVID-19 PROTOCALS LISTED OUTSIDE AND INSIDE.
IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME
STAY SAFE AND STAY VIGILANT
Albert F. Bonofiglio, Jr., President

So, gloves are mandatory to wear while on premises?
-or are we just saying they won't be provided by the club?

I'll double check on the glove requirement. The club does not provide PPE to members. Definitely bring and use your own masks and hand sanitizer. Just like when you go to the store, restaurants, gas station, etc. When you go to those places, you're supposed stay 6 feet apart, wear a mask, etc. The same applies to WPRC.

Jay

If the rifle range is completed and only those 6x6’s remain unprotected in front of the concrete wall I don’t think it will be long until they get chewed up.....not everyone is a bullseye shooter.

I'll double check on the glove requirement. The club does not provide PPE to members. Definitely bring and use your own masks and hand sanitizer. Just like when you go to the store, restaurants, gas station, etc. When you go to those places, you're supposed stay 6 feet apart, wear a mask, etc. The same applies to WPRC.

Jay
Thx. I've been thinking of swinging by soon. -check out the handi-work :) - Haven't been for far to long.

I kinda agree that a berm in front of those timbers will go a long way in saving them. I wonder if nice dense straight clay would be effective and maybe cheap?
It might also allow folks who like to bring their own targets to still use 'em.

-it all looks nice in the photos - good work!

So, gloves are mandatory to wear while on premises? -or are we just saying they won't be provided by the club?

I did double check, and yes mask and gloves are to be worn when people are around you. Obviously if you are there alone, ... well common sense prevails.

The club does not provide PPE to members. Definitely bring and use your own masks and hand sanitizer. Just like when you go to the store, restaurants, gas station, etc. When you go to those places, you're supposed stay 6 feet apart, wear a mask, etc. The same applies to WPRC.

Jay

From the WPRC Website

THE OUTDOOR RIFLE RANGE WILL REOPEN ON JULY 21ST AT 9AM. CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED. SHOOTING AT THE 100 YARD IMPACT AREA WILL BE FROM INSIDE THE NEW SHOOTING STAND ONLY . THE 25, 50, AND 75 YARD IMPACT AREA’S WILL NOT BE OPEN. THOSE WILL REQUIRE SOME WORK IN ORDER TO REOPEN.

THE NEW RULES FOR SHOOTING AT THE 100 YARD IMPACT AREA WILL BE PLACED ON THE SHOOTING TABLES INSIDE THE NEW SHOOTING STAND. PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE SHOOTING. ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE CLUB. MY PHONE NUMBER IS LOCATED IN THE WAITING AREA INSIDE THE CLUB BUILDING.

WE HAVE POSTPONED OUR JUMPIN JUNE DRAWING TO THE SEPTEMBER MEETING. WE ARE GIVING AWAY A SIG P365 AND MANY OTHER GREAT ITEMS. YOU MAY STILL GET TICKETS IF YOU MAIL IN TO OUR PO BOX ADDRESS. SEND IN A CHECK AND GET 6 TICKETS FOR $20 MADE OUT TO WPRC AND INDICATE THAT IT IS FOR THE DRAWING.

DUE TO COVID-19 THERE WILL BE RESTRICTION THAT WILL NEED TO BE FOLLOWED: PLEASE READ ALL POSTED SIGNAGE

INDOOR RANGE WILL BE RESTRICTED TO LANES 1, 3, AND 5. FACE MASK’S MUST BE WORN IF YOU ARE INDOORS

THE NEW RIFLE RANGE SHOOTING STAND MUST HAVE ALL THE DOORS OPEN AND ONLY 1 SHOOTER PER TABLE. WHEN ARE DONE SHOOTING, CLOSE ALL THE DOORS IF NO ONE ELSE IS SHOOTING.

THE ACTION PISTOL RANGE WILL HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 2 SHOOTERS.

THE PISTOL RANGE HAS DUCT TAPE ON THE BENCH TO DESIGNATE A SHOOTING POSITION.

IF THE RANGES ARE FULL, REMAIN IN YOUR CAR UNTIL THERE IS AN OPENING TO SHOOT.

ALL MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO HAVE A MASK, GLOVE’S AND DISINFECTANT WIPES/HAND SANITIZER.

MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING

THERE WILL BE COVID-19 PROTOCALS LISTED OUTSIDE AND INSIDE.

IF YOU ARE SICK, STAY HOME

STAY SAFE AND STAY VIGILANT

Albert F. Bonofiglio, Jr., President

At exactly 09:00, I did say a quick prayer and did actually cut the ribbon to open the range. A few members did show up and used the rifle range. They didn't mind me watching and getting their opinions on the backstop.

GOAL was having a class on the Pistol Range, another member was using the Action Pit, and some members of the Pistol Team was practicing on the indoor range. All in all, a good morning.

Next up is working on the "Punch List" and getting the 25yrd, 50 yrd, and 75 yrd back online.

Jay

T4KsRy0.jpg

Hey guys—don’t know if this is the right thread, but I’ve called the club a few times and haven’t gotten a response. Looking to see if they have any more new member classes schedule this year. Does anyone know if it’s still possible for a new member to get in right now?

Hey guys—don’t know if this is the right thread, but I’ve called the club a few times and haven’t gotten a response. Looking to see if they have any more new member classes schedule this year. Does anyone know if it’s still possible for a new member to get in right now?
They only accept new members once a year in the spring. Put in an app asap, from my understanding they've reached the membership cap and openings are limited to those created by non-renewals.

As a member's driven club, there are many times the phone is not manned. I would suggest contacting members of the Executive Board via email to get the response you're looking for.

From the WPRC Website main front web page -top of the page is "Home - Events - IDPA - Membership - Pin Shoots - Training - press the drop down arror to the right of the "Home" button - Select and Press the "Officers" button - select who you would like to contact - their email link is the left of their picture -
WPRC Officers Contact

They only accept new members once a year in the spring. Put in an app asap, from my understanding they've reached the membership cap and openings are limited to those created by non-renewals.

While technically 2ARM5 is 100% correct, I would agree and put in an Application ASAP. The main reason is that new members are invited in based on the date the application is postmarked. There may be other reasons that may come to light. [thumbsup]

Jay

Back
Top Bottom