• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

can I ask how many members you usually accept per year? I'll be mailing in my application today for when membership opens in march

Debating on whether to mail in my app. Is it a requirement to get a sponsor before hand so that it can be added to the app or can I just mail it in?

Driving 30-40 minutes to my old range is getting pretty old at this point.

Debating on whether to mail in my app. Is it a requirement to get a sponsor before hand so that it can be added to the app or can I just mail it in?

Driving 30-40 minutes to my old range is getting pretty old at this point.

dude...i will 100% sponsor you. do you want to meet me there this Sunday and we can shoot and i'll show you around?

dude...i will 100% sponsor you. do you want to meet me there this Sunday and we can shoot and i'll show you around?

a55c40603072ee07543c463d8dccd808.jpg

I'll PM you in a few.

Kinda depends, but around 75 -90 is probably a good estimate. As of the last monthly meeting on Feb. 2nd, there were 67 on the waiting list. Apply as soon as you can.

Jay

Damn. I'm still waiting on my LTC. Called today and they said it was approved.but it'll be another 2-3 weeks before I get it. Would they still consider meme era hip?

does anyone know when they typically send out renewal letters for current members? i was in Okinawa through January and don't trust that my girlfriend didn't lose some of my mail in that time frame. i'd rather not forfeit my membership due to non-payment of dues!

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. I'm still waiting on my LTC. Called today and they said it was approved.but it'll be another 2-3 weeks before I get it. Would they still consider meme era hip?

i saw a couple guys gain membership last year without LTC's...they just weren't allowed to use the range until they received their licenses. the club is top notch...best one out there to my knowledge. they don't allow any crazy shit, mind you...but for general rules/regulations they can't be beat.

does anyone know when they typically send out renewal letters for current members? i was in Okinawa through January and don't trust that my girlfriend didn't lose some of my mail in that time frame. i'd rather not forfeit my membership due to non-payment of dues!

- - - Updated - - -

i saw a couple guys gain membership last year without LTC's...they just weren't allowed to use the range until they received their licenses. the club is top notch...best one out there to my knowledge. they don't allow any crazy shit, mind you...but for general rules/regulations they can't be beat.

Renewals have already been sent out and many have renewed and received their new 2017 cards. Might want to double check your mail again. If not, contact the Membership Charmian to get another renewal form.

Jay

Last edited:

Sorry, you missed out, and cannot rejoin. It's too late.

(And if you believe that, I just bumped myself up another spot on the waiting list)

MA Gun Law Seminar for WP&R Club Members May 31 6:00PM to 9:30PM

This is a free seminar for members. Massachusetts is well known for fragmented and convoluted gun laws. This presentation will help to separate fact from fiction and provide guests with a basic understanding of MA gun law regarding the possession, transportation and storage of guns in this State. Additional topics include MA assault weapons laws, the approved roster and, the buying and selling of guns.
This class is presented by Jon Green the Director of Education and Training for Gun Owners’ Action League.

May 31, 2017 from 6:00PM – 9:30PM in the WP&R Meeting Room
Seating is limited. Please register by calling Jon at 508-393-5333 ext 21 or forward names to [email protected]

Last edited:
Does anyone know when renewal closes, and new member applications are processed? I'm 25.8% of the way through March and I'm getting anxious.

The renewal period ends Thursday, April 6. That's the date of the next General Meeting.
New applications will be processed after that with a new member orientation planned for the second part of April.

Does anyone know when renewal closes, and new member applications are processed? I'm 25.8% of the way through March and I'm getting anxious.

If you sent in your app and have not heard anything I would drop an email to the membership guy to see if you are on the list

Free Annual MA Gun Law Seminar for WP&R Club Members.

GOAL’S Massachusetts Gun Law for Citizens
Massachusetts is well known for fragmented and convoluted gun laws. This presentation will help to separate fact from fiction and provide guests with a basic understanding of MA gun law regarding the possession, transportation and storage of guns in this State. Additional topics include MA assault weapons laws, the approved roster and, the buying and selling of guns.
This class is presented by Jon Green the Director of Education and Training for Gun Owners’ Action League.
May 31, 2017 from 6:00PM – 9:30PM in the WP&R Meeting Room
Seating is limited. Please register by calling Jon at 508-393-5333 ext 21 or forward names to [email protected]

Same here...Afraid to email and ask and get someone angry and it bumps me another year [laugh]

It's not a problem to ask again as the renewal date for existing members is fast approaching on April 6th (the normal 1st Thursday of the month monthly meeting). Everyone is welcome to come to the meeting. Non-members, they just ask at the beginning "if there are any guests". You can just say you're there check things out. No big deal what so ever. Usually about 35-40 people attend. Lasts about an hour, starts at 7:00PM

Jay

Received my email yesterday...Best dam news I have gotten in a long time!!

Same here. I guess I'll see you on April Fool's Day.

I went through new member orientation once, but have to do it again since my membership lapsed. There's no live fire, but other than that, I'm not going to ruin it for you.

Back
Top Bottom