• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

I'm interested in possibly joining WPRC in the near future but I have never been on the club grounds and I would like to check it out. Am I required to be brought in as a guest of a member or can I just swing by and take a look? If a member is required, I'll be available this Saturday (3/23) if anyone would be willing to meet me to let me visit and maybe fire off a few rounds.

When applying, is it generally better to have a member sponsor or are the references good enough?

Thanks,
Ken[/QUOTE

I will be out of town, but if no one takes you up on the offer I can take you in a couple of weeks. I get back the 29th evening, the next day is Easter Sunday. so the weekend after that works. If no one else can take you.

Thanks to all who signed up for the WPRC Bus ride to the GOAL RALLY. The bus is full!
See you all on the 3rd.
Peter

I'm interested in possibly joining WPRC in the near future but I have never been on the club grounds and I would like to check it out. Am I required to be brought in as a guest of a member or can I just swing by and take a look? If a member is required, I'll be available this Saturday (3/23) if anyone would be willing to meet me to let me visit and maybe fire off a few rounds.

When applying, is it generally better to have a member sponsor or are the references good enough?

Thanks,
Ken

I just moved to Worcester, and am also interested in joining WPRC. I am going to use the application from their site, but any advice from current members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Took a newbie to the club yesterday and we had a blast. Shot outside all the way on the left side.

And....your welcome! To whoever left all their brass on the ground, I cleaned it up for you and put it in the brass bin right next to the TWO brooms.[grin]

I joined WPRC back in February but only started going there in June as my license didn't come in until then. I was at the pin shoot on Sunday, great time, met some very nice people. Would love to know any folks who were there on Sunday who are on NES.

Also, I've been to the indoor range several times. Most of these times, I've been the only person there so I lock the gate behind me. Is it ok to leave the gate open if you are using the indoor or outdoor range?

I was there this evening. All the workers were gone but the place does look great.

Re. Proud's post: if you (or another member) is on site then you don't need to close and secure the gate. If you're the last one out (as I was today) then everything gets locked up tight.

I wonder why there is such a delay in replacing the gate? I'm sure it's for a valid reason. The Trustees seem to bust their tails and I can't imagine them knowingly dragging their feet on any issue.

Will the new gate need to be opened/closed for each car, or will it be handled as it is today? I'm wondering how it will work for public access events or when having guests meet you at the range.

I know there were land issues with the gate. The original design discussed was a slider that would, when opened, cross over onto the neighbors land. The club does not own the land on either side of the driveway at the street.
There were discussions about buying land, arranging for easements, different gate designs, etc. It sounded like one of those things that should be simple but turned out to be a giant pain. It could be any one of those factors or even just a decision to stop spending money this year and wait for next.

I'll be going today around noonish. I haven't been since January...can't believe its been half a year since i've shot a gun.

Does anyone know when the work party's happen? I faintly remember something along the lines of 8am on Saturdays...but wasn't sure if that was every Saturday or not.

Back
Top Bottom