Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

The last that I heard, the elements being waited on were air handling components which were on special order. I wasn't able to attend the last meeting so I'm not sure if this is still the case or not.

I will say this, this is a private club and not some for profit venture. As a result, asking for a partial refund isn't exactly appropriate. There were no services "promised" to anyone so the fact that this has dragged on, while disappointing and supremely annoying, is not an offense for which anyone should expect compensation. I do not blame members who leave in favor of other clubs at this point but, I think that's the only recourse available. I think its actually good of the club to offer a full refund this far into the year.

I do know that the E-Board themselves have been working hard on this. I've seen them in there working myself on weekends. At this point, I am in favor of throwing money at this thing if its needed. I'd advise any other members who feel the same way to attend the next meeting and voice those feelings.

I dropped my membership there and joined somewhere else. WPRC price was steep, IMO, for the value. Just my $.02.
I do some of the work parties and membership cost 100 bucks a year. I dont think there is any place close by that has both indoor and outdoor ranges for that kind of price.
I know indoor has been out of commission for a while but the outdoor range has been open. I am itching to shoot inside again there but this is construction and there are always delays. I was told they are just waiting for the town to sign off now.

I want to go after work around 8 but i am dreading seeing how many people have the same idea tonight!
It was just me early this afternoon. Had to turn off the lights and lock the gate......
It was nice to shoot inside on a day like today.
Still need the shooting stalls instead of tables which are too low. Also need a spent shell bucket.
But nice, nice...good job WPRC board.

Glad to hear the indoor range is open again! The renovation took a lot longer than anyone wanted or expected, but if you've ever built a house or an addition, you'll recognize the dream takes a while to become the reality. Definitely got to check it out soon!

Went to check it out tonight. Figured it would be busy. I was the only one there for a while. A couple of others came in as I was ready to leave.
Nice to have instant heat and the fans work real well.
Lot of little stuff still needs to be completed. No brass bucket, no dud bucket and I think we will need more lights in the middle of the range. The tables for shhoting from need to go, way to low.
Over all huge improvement. I was amazed that no one was there when I got there about 7:30.
Thanks to the board for making this happen !!

Caught a few people leaving on my way in, i spent about an hour an a half there.
I was surprised i didn't see anyone else. Feel like heading back for more already!
Great set up, the heat works great, i let the timer run out on the exhaust fan and noticed it getting smoky, turned it on and cleared up almost instantly.
A couple of little things to still be done, brass bucket & dud bucket like Chet mentioned, and of course the stalls in the near future I'm sure.
Thanks to the Members and Board that made it happen [grin]IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg
Bored at work, made a dud bucket...
Grabbed a 18 gallon rubbermaid for the brass,
least i could do, because guess where you'll find me after 10 tonight when i get out [laugh]

My son and I got there at 5pm and had the place to our self! Just as i was leaving another guy came in with his son. The heat is great and the exhaust fan works real well with just two of us, it moves alot of air, hopefully with a full range it will suck it all out! Very enjoyable. Nice job on the remodel!

Had the place by myself for a while around 8:30 tonight. It's so nice to finally have a nice clean and comfortable place to shoot. A big thanks to everyone who made this happen!

4uqy9uqu.jpg

Had the place by myself for a while around 8:30 tonight. It's so nice to finally have a nice clean and comfortable place to shoot. A big thanks to everyone who made this happen!

4uqy9uqu.jpg

Great pic! Was there earlier today. Only shot outside, but indoors was looking great - thanks to all involved. Will try next time.

Thursday's general membership meeting has just been cancelled due to the weather forecast. See you all next month! Check the website for potential GOAL Rally bus schedule for April 3!

Is the raffle being moved to next month's meeting?

I've also already had some alone time at the range. Great job guys.

Good news everyone, WPRC will be supplying a bus to head down to the GOAL Rally on the Boston Common, Wednesday April 3rd. Seats are being reserved now, we got 50 left and it's my job to fill it with WPRC members. Bus leaves WPRC at 10:15am, we will not be going to the State House, after the Rally it's back on the bus. I'm on the hook for this bus everyone so please help me fill it and protect our 2A rights.
E-mail me [email protected] to reserve your seats. I shall confirm all e-mails.
Thanks,
Peter

Hey All,

This Rally on April 3rd is super important.

GOAL Rally on the Common April 3, 2013

The timing with regard to the legislation is perfect. I urge everyone to take the day off and go to this. The time to be active is now.
If you are on this site, that means that you have some sort of firearm or firearm interest, and the legislation they are trying to pass now will affect YOU!

Don't stand by and let someone else handle it. Take the day off, get on the bus and lets go make history.

Contact Chopper to reserve your seat. Good news everyone, WPRC will be supplying a bus to head down to the GOAL Rally on the Boston Common, Wednesday April 3rd. Seats are being reserved now, we got 50 left and it's my job to fill it with WPRC members. Bus leaves WPRC at 10:15am, we will not be going to the State House, after the Rally it's back on the bus. I'm on the hook for this bus everyone so please help me fill it and protect our 2A rights.
E-mail me [email protected] to reserve your seats. I shall confirm all e-mails.
Thanks,
Peter

WPRC Members,

Our good friend Peter Saniuk has arranged a bus to bring WPRC members to and from the GOAL rally in Boston, MA on April 3 2013. I cannot stress how important it is to have a strong showing at this rally. Having just a couple of us show up in our pickup trucks is not nearly as powerful as a bus load of tax paying law bidding citizens. There are other clubs like Harvard arranging buses too, so not matter what club you belong to please make the effort to make the rally. We only may get one chance at pushing back our legislators on all of this gun control craziness, so do your part!!!!!

I know that this rally falls on a work day, but isn't your Second Amendment rights worth a personal day, sick day, sanity day, 2nd A Day; call it want you want. IT IS WORTH THE FIGHT!!

Please pass the message along to other members and grab your shooting buddy to come along.

Rally Details:

Date: 4/3/2013
Time: 10:15am
Where: Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club
Details: The bus leaves WPRC at 10:15 to Boston and will return back to the club at 3:00pm. Reservations need to be made with Peter and he can be reached by email at [email protected]

GOAL Rally on the Common April 3, 2013
Home | Worcester Pistol Rifle Club

I'm interested in possibly joining WPRC in the near future but I have never been on the club grounds and I would like to check it out. Am I required to be brought in as a guest of a member or can I just swing by and take a look? If a member is required, I'll be available this Saturday (3/23) if anyone would be willing to meet me to let me visit and maybe fire off a few rounds.

When applying, is it generally better to have a member sponsor or are the references good enough?

Thanks,
Ken

Back
Top Bottom