Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

FYI. During the interior project parts semi truck's access to the club, I moved the outward access key FOB pole. Unfortunately, it was damaged. Until it is repaired, when leaving, please pull up to about 8 feet before the gate and walk to the roadside access FOB pole and use your key FOB to open the gate. There is plenty of time to get back into your car/truck and exit the property.

DON'T PULL UP RIGHT TO THE GATE AS IT SWINGS IN TOWARD YOU. LEAVE ABOUT 8 FEET FOR THE GATE TO OPEN TOWARDS YOUR CAR/TRUCK

Thanks,

Jay

Renewal:
Existing members renewal notice went out via snail mail. We are working on an online renewal process, but it is not quite ready for prime time.
Remember:
Photocopy of your GOAL membership, your LTC/FID, proof of work party hours & signed off on the back of your 2020-21 membership card. Include a Self-Addressed stamped envelope. And a check made out to Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club, or just WPRC with your annual dues.

No special form required.

Work Party:
Work Party scheduled for this Sunday, November 14th from 08:00 to 12:00. Weather is forecast to be around 53 degrees, but the morning will be cooler ( 🤔 ) so please dress accordingly. Normal low stress things to do. Target stands repair, empty trash, leaves, brush cutting back, general yard type exterior clean up.

Indoor Range Renovation Project:
Progress is being made. The lobby, inside range, and exterior staging/work area is crowded and tight. Please use caution. We have an extra installation crew coming in from AZ tonight to assist with installation. They are all professionals and are doing great work for the club. I'll ask that members give them the room, respect, and latitude to do their work. If you want a tour or have questions, I'll be glad to do that for you, so the installation team can keep working without distraction.
WPRC Indoor Range Project 2021

With that being said...

IDPA Match:
This Saturday's IDPA match parking will be crowded. We will consolidate the Indoor Range renovation outside staging/work area as much as possible.

Jay

Progress is being made. If you want a tour or have questions, I'll be glad to do that for you. Check out the latest status at: WPRC Indoor Range Project 2021

Please don't go into the Indoor Range unless accompanied by someone from the Indoor Range Renovation team , as there are still many items that need to be installed and configured.

Thanks,

Jay

Progress is being made. If you want a tour or have questions, I'll be glad to do that for you. Check out the latest status at: WPRC Indoor Range Project 2021

Please don't go into the Indoor Range unless accompanied by someone from the Indoor Range Renovation team , as there are still many items that need to be installed and configured.

Thanks,

Jay
Wow!!!!!!!

Time to repair/patch the parking lot before the snow flies. Had a couple of Jersey Barriers delivered to protect the Carey's Ventilation MAU. But before I can position them properly, I had to repair the parking lot that was ruined by a MAC Tool Truck the sunk a decent section by the MAU location.

Had J.R. Grady & Sons stop by and patch up the damage before winter really sets in and before the asphalt plants shut down.

The ceramic floor is scheduled to be sealed tonight and needs 48 hours of curing.

Please stay off the asphalt patch and the stay out of the indoor range.

The lobby and bathrooms remain open.

Jay

The Planning White Board is now cleared. The Indoor Range Renovation Project 2021 is 100% safe and complete. We will open up the Indoor Range tomorrow, December 15th at 12:00.

Jay

1Qxx6qT.jpg

Sorry for the duplicate and the crude post, but trying to get as many members up to speed as rapidly as possible.

A "Soft Opening" is a controlled way of opening up a product or service, get feedback, educate members, adjust procedures, etc.

With that being said, a few temporary procedures are being put in place. Watch the club website for more info on dates/times for quick training. It's very easy.

Jay

HET3HB2.jpg

H0x9njN.jpg

ywEDvQ9.jpg

j1dQOTu.jpg

XNF7PQ3.jpg

Can we bring guests after 1/5 if we have been trained? Want to make sure i stay on the right side of Al and team...

Great question. I'm not 100% sure on the guest issue (when members can bring guests, how many guests can a member bring, etc.) regarding the indoor range. The "no guests" is temporary and only effects the indoor range.

The club website is being updated with new announcements and procedures. There is also contact information where you can contact Al and other board members directly.

Jay

We are running through indoor range usage training as fast and as many members as possible before the second key FOB reader is installed next week. We have some coverage presently for the next few hours. I'll be there tomorrow for the morning training. Stop by if you're available.

Will try and arrange more dates/times shortly. Check the club web site.

Jay

Hey Jay
I don't see any further training times listed-- when's the next time we can get the needed instructions and FOB clearance?

Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen emergency with our security contractor, the new access key FOB reader was not installed today. Then our second contractor also had unforeseen issues along with weather issues up north of our location.

Long story short, the range will now be closed Friday and possibly Saturday to complete the work.

But to answer your question, we did not schedule more trainer coverage as the items would have secured the area today. We are in the process of rescheduling. We will attempt to update it in a more timely manor.

We do feel our members frustration. [frown]

Jay

I understand, Jay, stuff happens and the overall benefit of the new range far outweighs the frustration most of us are feeling over not being able to use it for the past few months.

Forgive my lack of clarity here; I watched the terrific video which shows how the range works, not complicated but it certainly has more steps, and my understanding is if we show up and there is no ranger officer there we call President Al and he walks us through the steps, so what then? I would imagine my FOB won't work until I'm on some kind of approved list so am I coming in just to go through the steps once all is operational again and then Al adds me to a list?

I understand, Jay, stuff happens and the overall benefit of the new range far outweighs the frustration most of us are feeling over not being able to use it for the past few months.

Forgive my lack of clarity here; I watched the terrific video which shows how the range works, not complicated but it certainly has more steps, and my understanding is if we show up and there is no ranger officer there we call President Al and he walks us through the steps, so what then? I would imagine my FOB won't work until I'm on some kind of approved list so am I coming in just to go through the steps once all is operational again and then Al adds me to a list?

Once the Indoor Range key FOB reader is installed, you are correct that to have access, you need to be trained. We fully understand that most members will be able to use the system safely after just watching the video. BUT... there is quite a few members who need more "hand holding".

If you can make it down before tonight's Monthly meeting, you can get trained right now.

Jay

The Indoor range key FOB installation, which was originally schedule for this past Wednesday (and was cancelled by the contractor), then rescheduled (by the contractor) for this morning has been rescheduled again for Monday morning, January 10th due to weather issues.

The temporary indoor range hours will stay at 07:00 - 19:00 for members only, no guests and you must be trained in the usage of the new equipment. The outside range rules have not been altered.

We have not posted more indoor range training schedules as we were hoping to have the key FOB and access control list enabled by now.

As more information becomes available, it should be posted on the club's website.

Jay

Speaking of frustrations I can imagine you guys are feeling a ton of it trying to get this figured out. Getting however many hundred members trained is not going to be an easy task.

I will say this, as someone who DID get the training, to all of my fellow members waiting to get yours; WATCH the video. It's only 1:30 long and it's terrific, it goes through 99% of what you'll need to know so when you do get the live training it'll go quick and smooth. Al was great, he was annoyed as hell when he first saw my smiling face as I announced to him I was there for training but he walked me through everything including the distraction lights, the dimming of the range lights, how to change out the target holder if needed, very very thorough and the system is so impressive it does warrant hands on explanation.

WPRC has always been a place I feel secure shooting at, I've never had an instance of unsafe folks near me, unlike the previous range I belonged to which allowed the general public in, but the new safety glass and brass protectors are great and it feels like you're shooting at Quantico.

Kudos to all of you who help to keep this club running so well.

Posted on WPRC Web Site

Just a refresher on the training your received. Most members have a grasp on how to start the system. But a select few can't seem to grasp the concept on how to "Leave the Place Better than You Found It" and others for some reason just don't understand what comes out of the muzzle of a weapon. [crying]

When done using the Indoor Range:
Yes, you are to bring the target carrier to it's HOME position so it recharges for the next member to use.
Yes, you are to dispose of your targets
Yes, you are to manually shut off the target lights
Yes, you are to manually shut off the shooting stand shelf light
Yes, you are to manually shut off the down range lights
Yes, you are to manually shut off the "Ready Area" lights
Yes, you are to manually shut off the ventilation/heat system by pressing the BLUE "START/STOP" button
Yes, you are to manually pick up and dispose of your casings (Brass in Brass Bucket, throw away aluminum / steel) within the target stand.
Yes, you are to keep your member key FOB in your pocket or on your person. If you're alone, and leave the indoor range, for whatever reason, well want to guess what happens when you want to go back into the indoor range?

YES YOUR WEAPON WITH MUZZLE POINTED DOWNRANGE TOWARDS THE RUBBER BULLET TRAP IS TO BE KEPT ON THE SHOOTING STAND SHELF.

NO GOING DOWN RANGE IN FRONT OF THE FIRING LINE, WHICH IS THE FORWARD EDGE OF THE SHOOTING STAND SHELF.

NO BRINGING IN CHAIRS TO SIT INSIDE THE RANGE.

These policies were all part of the training your received and agreed to follow.

Jay

Key FOB REQUIRED For Indoor Range​

As of 1-14-2022, Key FOBs are required access the indoor range.
Trained members Key FOB's will allow access. Completed range training is required for indoor range access.

TRAINING SCHEDULE​

• Sunday Jan 16th 8am to 12pm
  • Tuesday Jan 18th 9am to 11am, 5pm to 8pm
  • Thursday Jan 20th 9am to 12pm, 5pm to 8pm
Further dates and times for training will be updated on this site.

Indoor Range Rules &Tips​

• The indoor range is now open 24/7
  • Only 1 guest per member per visit
  • Handguns and .22 rifles only
  • Use lane 1,5 only if 2,3,4 are occupied
  • Firearms on shooting bench only
  • Keep your fob in your pocket always
  • When Leaving
    • Pickup brass and put it into the brass bucket
    • Throw trash away
    • Make sure you turn off all lights
    • Turn off the ventilation system

Maybe you should add a sign in for a particular lane too-- that way when some knucklehead forgets to return the unit to it's home charging station you'd know who it was.

I don't understand why people don't pick up after themselves, there have been a lot of occasions where I'm sweeping up someone else's brass. Just pick up, it takes three friggin' minutes.

Due to the extreme cold temperatures today and forecast for tomorrow, Sunday's Work Party is cancelled. Please pass on to any member who may be planning on coming by tomorrow.

Sorry for the late notice.

The training to use the indoor range will still be available from 08:00-12:00. Thanks @MrOrdinary for pointing that out! [thumbsup]

Jay

Last edited:
Indoor range will be shutdown tomorrow morning from 08:00 - 12:00 to replace a gas valve for the heater. Might not take that long, but just in case.

Anybody wishing to get training on the indoor range equipment, we have Joe onsite today from 17:00 to 20:00 to give training. Stop by and say hi. [thumbsup]

Jay

For all my fellow WPRC Members-- I've always disliked the holder they provided for our membership cards because they don't fit-- well I found a style that works-- cards fit perfectly and best of all they have ziploc closures so if you're out in the rain it won't wreck your card.

I put a set out at the sign in desk so please feel free to take one to replace the one you've had.

Back
Top Bottom