Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Peoples Republic of Central Massachusetts
This Sunday's Pin shoot is rescheduled due to weather. Here is John Cunninghams note:

The weather forecast for this Sunday does not look good, high winds, rain and maybe some snow. So the pin shoot for this Sunday the 24th is cancelled.

The match has been rescheduled for Sunday December 1st same time same place.

Please spread the word!

JC

Proper call John and thanks for the heads up.

Jay

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Member Renewal notices are on their way. If you don't receive your renewal letter within a week, please contact the membership chairman.
Contact Information:
WPRC Web Site
Web Site contact page

Also, there are approximately 40 - 50 new member applications in the queue, sorted by the date recieved. If you know of any potential members who would like to join, please have them read our rules and fill out an application. It does not require any financial commitment. Application & Rules

Have a Merry Christmas,

Jay

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A bit late to the game but I sent in my application the other day with a sponsor on it. Hopefully I make the cut.
The order of new members is based on the order /date received. Swatgig is correct on the waiting list and yearly turnover. I think you'll be fine. I think new member orientation is in March for vote in around April. Pretty close in time.

FYI, you are welcome as a guest to attend the monthly meetings, held the first Thursday of the month. It is held upstairs in the meeting/training room. Starts at 19:00. After the Pledge of Allegiance, the President asks if there are any guests? You just raise your hand, he'll ask your name and welcome you. Very low key and friendly.

Keep an eye on this forum section, as lots of information is here.

Plus, your from Leicester, so you got that going for you... [wink]

Jay

kerryman71

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A bit late to the game but I sent in my application the other day with a sponsor on it. Hopefully I make the cut.
I'm sure you will. I joined last year. Great place, very low key. My work schedule allows me to go there during the week, and I pretty much have the place to myself. I think the most I ever encountered were three other people on the outdoor ranges.

Only problem is the Goddamn people who don't pick up their brass!!

84ta406

Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thanks guys, I'll try to make the next meeting and introduce myself. I generally have my son on Thursdays but I can work around it since I know ahead of time. Really looking forward to having a place to shoot without driving all the way to MFS.

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This Sunday's (January 19th) Work Party has been cancelled due to the impending snow storm late Saturday overnight into the morning. Even if the snow stops early, plowing and clearing out snow would prevent us from getting much maintenance done.

As a side note, the indoor range will be closed early (about 07:00 - 09:00) tomorrow so I can dump the lead trays and vacuum the shooting stands. As the winter weather continues (d'uh.. :rolleyes: ), the indoor range gets used more often and needs more hours of maintenance completed.

Please pass along to anyone who might be planning on coming out during these times.

Jay

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
General Monthly Business meeting tonight 19:00 -20:30 or so. Indoor range closed for lead removal maintenance for a few hours prior to meeting.

All are welcome. Lee, our membership chairman will be there, so if you want to renew your yearly dues in person, he will be there in the back of the meeting room.

Jay

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lee, our membership chairman will be there, so if you want to renew your yearly dues in person, he will be there in the back of the meeting room.
Protip: Talk to Lee BEFORE the meeting. Don't make him unpack everything after the meeting to renew your membership. It makes him cranky. (Ask me how I know)

a73elkyss

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Main takeaway from Thursday's Monthly Business Meeting was for members renewing their yearly membership to have it post marked by at the latest February 29th, 2020 so your access won't be turned off. If you have not received your renewal in the mail, contact the club ASAP.

Also, Tuesday, February 11th from 13:00 - 15:30 the Indoor Range ONLY will be shutdown for maintenance. All other ranges will be open.

There are approximately 50 active / responded new applications in the queue / waiting list. The club will still be actively accepting applications for this spring's new member orientation.

Jay

Top Bottom