• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester - LTC holder stops armed robber

Surprise! Surprise!! He was out on bail!!!

Courthouse Records

Jeremy Cintron, 20, of 21 Fairfax Road, Worcester, charged with using a vehicle without authority, driving without a license, and vehicle equipment violation, continued to May 3 on $500 cash bail.

Courthouse Records

Jeremy Cintron, 20, of 21 Fairfax Road, Worcester, charged with using a vehicle without authority, driving without a license, and vehicle equipment violation, continued to May 3 on $500 cash bail.
I saw that, but noticed he was due back in court May 3. He may have disposed of those charges on that date.

The citizen yelled at him to drop his weapon," police said. "At this time Mr. Cintron turned and pointed the weapon at the citizen (*) and began walking towards him.

Police said the man continued to yell at Cintron to drop his gun. Eventually, Cintron complied and the man ordered Cintron to the ground.

Bravo for getting involved, but hesitating at (*)...JFC... that's a game of chicken they explain to your widow. (do or do not, there is no try...)

The citizen yelled at him to drop his weapon," police said. "At this time Mr. Cintron turned and pointed the weapon at the citizen (*) and began walking towards him.

Police said the man continued to yell at Cintron to drop his gun. Eventually, Cintron complied and the man ordered Cintron to the ground.

Bravo for getting involved, but hesitating at (*)...JFC... that's a game of chicken they explain to your widow. (do or do not, there is no try...)
With the perp walking toward him while pointing the gun at him, he probably should have opened fire? That could have ended very poorly for our armed citizen!

Btw - Excellent use of Star Wars reference!

I'm always curios (well, I kinda know the answer) if some reporter would follow some of these cases and see what charges are dropped/dismissed/bargained away in a plea deal. These charges are serious and you would think that a DA would take them seriously, especially with this person past.

"Mr. Cintron was charged with Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, 2 counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Assault and Battery, Armed Assault with Intent to Rob, Witness Intimidation, Possession of a Firearm without a LTC, Unlawful Carrying of a Loaded Firearm, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony."

It would make for an interesting "study" of our gun laws and how ineffective they are when applied to actual criminals.

Everyone makes comments like this but no one can ever back them up with examples.

Everyone makes comments like this but no one can ever back them up with examples.

Sorry, I should have said Massachusetts is a great place to be a gun owner. So, if you have to defend yourself, don't worry, go ahead and make someone's day. LOL. [rofl] Does that make you feel better ?

It's not about how I feel. There's this persistent rumor that if you are involved in any DGU in MA you're automatically going to jail and I just haven't seen any evidence of that.

Courthouse Records

It appears that he tendered a plea on 5/3, however the new arrest triggered a violation of probation.

It's not about how I feel. There's this persistent rumor that if you are involved in any DGU in MA you're automatically going to jail and I just haven't seen any evidence of that.

While you may not automatically go to jail, there is a high likelihood that the system will go out of its way to make sure your life becomes difficult after the fact and that your legal costs will be high.

As evidence of this, I present the Boston SPO who was put thru the ringer several years back for using his firearm to shot a person who was actively stabbing a doctor. The shooting occurred in Oct, 2009 and he was not officially cleared by the DA until March, 2010. I'm sure Mr. Langone spent quite a bit of cash for a lawyer to represent him during that process.

You mean like this guy?

Original incident: Oct'09
Doctor stabbed, attacker killed at Massachusetts General Hospital - The Boston Globe

DA makes call to not press charges: Apr'10
DA won’t bring charges in shooting of patient - The Boston Globe

So, this guy sat in limbo for ~ 6 months draining his life savings keeping a lawyer on retainer while he waited to see if he would face charges or not for his actions that saved an innocent doctor's life from a knife-wielding lunatic.

Yup. Massprudence.

With the perp walking toward him while pointing the gun at him, he probably should have opened fire? That could have ended very poorly for our armed citizen!!

Note location of the asterisk... the guy is turning to point at him. You can argue that he should have shot earlier when the BG was aiming at the woman in defense of her life but that unnecessarily endangers her more , the clock stopped ticking when the BG engaged the GG. GG gave up any advantage after (*) and it easily could have horribly wrong for our hero without him ever even seeing it coming during his self made mexican standoff. My ultimate point is IF you're going to get involved, do it. All he did was trade his life for hers, except now the BG went from scaring a woman out of her milk money to aiming at an obvious threat to himself. Unnecessary escalation. Indecision and hesitation... I'm no expert, never been there, hope to never be. Maybe the guy went in with the best of intentions and got in over his head and found he couldn't, but if you're going to point a gun at someone with a gun you'd GD better have made up your mind going in. Even after the hesitation, I still gotta go with yes shoot him while he's walking in. That's still better odds than talking him into laying his down...IMO.

Run the story the other way... good samaritan LTC holder comes to aid of robbery victim, hesitates...BG doesn't. Calling hours Th 6-8pm at Mulvany's Funeral home on east avenue.

I'll give the guy credit , he's got some balls.
The one mistake he made was approaching and trying to go hands on.
That damn near cost him.
You just hold real still till the cops get here, I can shoot you from back here just fine if need be.

I'm amazed that this made the news, in Boston no less, in our current political climate.

Cool, you found one example and speculated.
Well, you said nobody could ever back them up with examples and I did right off the top of my head. This is just one that I happened to be aware of. I would bear a guess that there are more.

I'm always curios (well, I kinda know the answer) if some reporter would follow some of these cases and see what charges are dropped/dismissed/bargained away in a plea deal. These charges are serious and you would think that a DA would take them seriously, especially with this person past.

"Mr. Cintron was charged with Discharging a Firearm within 500 feet of a Dwelling, 2 counts of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon, Assault and Battery, Armed Assault with Intent to Rob, Witness Intimidation, Possession of a Firearm without a LTC, Unlawful Carrying of a Loaded Firearm, Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony."

It would make for an interesting "study" of our gun laws and how ineffective they are when applied to actual criminals.
He's still being held. He was indicted, so he won't be facing only a 2 1/2 year max jail sentence. He's probably going to prison.

Back
Top Bottom