Worcester - LTC A, Restrictions: None

you a cop? own a business? connected? reserve aux police maybe? been the victim of a horrendous crime? -all of the above? [popcorn]

do tell.

There is a mandatory year wait for class a no restrictions in worcester. how did you bypass this? know anyone high up or what? I would like ot know since I have to apply in worcester since I moved to worcester. So I would love to be able to get my no restrictions in Worcester.

YES, I am VERY CURIOUS as to how you obtained an unrestricted license, unless your father is the chief himself. Even than I doubt he would do it![rofl] Friggen worcester![angry]

I guess I should have said renewal worcester LTC-A retricitons none. It was surprisingly simple. Got my two letters ( on bussiness letter head of course) filled out my application. Wrote a simple to the point letter presenting some history on myself and a little on the law. Was polite and courteous. waited my 8 to 10 weeks and it came through.

To answer some questions I am not a cop, i do not know anyone important, I did not call in any favors, just did what they asked.

I supposed it does help that Gemme is being sued right now over this issue.

Last edited:
oh, renewal? That explains it. I was going to say, I don't know of ANYONE that has gotten an unrestricted license in Worcester on their first go around. Renewals are supposed to be a little easier. Gemme is being sued? I did not hear of that. How exciting! and still he won't learn his lesson I bet!

FYI, someone posted earlier on here that they had gotten an unrestricted in Lawrence, first time out, 25 years old. That was good news also.

FYI, someone posted earlier on here that they had gotten an unrestricted in Lawrence, first time out, 25 years old. That was good news also.

maybe the Lawrence PD is finally feeling the pinch of being down over 20 officers for their 70k residents, with a good amount of knuckleheads too. their mayor is an ass. a disgrace to my heritage and ethnicity. -just sayin. [laugh]

My buddy got his LTC A in Worcester not to long ago, He does not know anyone of importance at all, His licsens says under restrictions (personal defense) which means lawfully legal to carry.

My buddy got his LTC A in Worcester not to long ago, He does not know anyone of importance at all, His licsens says under restrictions (personal defense) which means lawfully legal to carry.

are you sure?

the old method was to put reason for issue (which "personal defense" would probably be good) but note that licenses now ask for "RESTRICTIONS".

This has been discussed ad nauseum here and the consensus is that "it means what the COP wants it to mean"...in Worcester, I would guess that he's RESTRICTED to carry for personal defense. but that's just my take on it

are you sure?

the old method was to put reason for issue (which "personal defense" would probably be good) but note that licenses now ask for "RESTRICTIONS".

This has been discussed ad nauseum here and the consensus is that "it means what the COP wants it to mean"...in Worcester, I would guess that he's RESTRICTED to carry for personal defense. but that's just my take on it

My LTC (issued by Worcester) has Restrictions: Personal Protection. When I applied, I applied for ALP, but specifically mentioned several times that the only reason I wanted the license was to carry. R:pP is, as far as anyone I know can tell, Gemme's way of throwing the occasional subject a bone, all while being able to claim that he's "fighting crime" by "not issuing unrestricted licenses".

And so everyone knows, the reason Carl is telling you to thank me is that I'm pretty sure I got my state Senator to give Gemme a verbal ass-whooping over the way he treats LTC applications. WPD was refusing to issue my license (using the printing supply budget debacle as an excuse), so I called my Senator. I had my LTC in my hand like 3 days later.

I'm pretty sure the asshat knows we're fed up with his BS.

My LTC (issued by Worcester) has Restrictions: Personal Protection. When I applied, I applied for ALP, but specifically mentioned several times that the only reason I wanted the license was to carry. R:pP is, as far as anyone I know can tell, Gemme's way of throwing the occasional subject a bone, all while being able to claim that he's "fighting crime" by "not issuing unrestricted licenses".

And so everyone knows, the reason Carl is telling you to thank me is that I'm pretty sure I got my state Senator to give Gemme a verbal ass-whooping over the way he treats LTC applications. WPD was refusing to issue my license (using the printing supply budget debacle as an excuse), so I called my Senator. I had my LTC in my hand like 3 days later.

Job well done, again I thank you for paving the way.

Good man

congrats on getting your permit but this is utter bullsh*t! why doesnt GOAL/NRA sue the city & the officials? or any city/town that refuses ltc-a w/out sufficient reason? this frustrates me when i get the renewal letters or when they are looking for donations.
i live 10 min from worcester and carry there all the time. violent crime in the city is ridiculous and the bad guys have plenty of weapons, they should worry about that.

congrats on getting your permit but this is utter bullsh*t! why doesnt GOAL/NRA sue the city & the officials? or any city/town that refuses ltc-a w/out sufficient reason? this frustrates me when i get the renewal letters or when they are looking for donations.
i live 10 min from worcester and carry there all the time. violent crime in the city is ridiculous and the bad guys have plenty of weapons, they should worry about that.

On what grounds? The example used in this thread (Worcester) issues class A... they just happen to be restricted. As much as I don't agree with it, the licensing authority is fully within their legal bounds to do so.

Back
Top Bottom