• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester IDPA September Match 9/8/2012

Worcester IDPA September Match 9/8/2012

Worcester Pistol and Rifle club would like to invite you to this event. Public is welcome to the monthly IDPA matches:

WPRC Members: $10.00
Non-Members:$15.00

Title: WPRC IDPA September Match Date: Saturday 9/8/2012

Registration 9:15-9:45am
Shooters Meeting: 10:00am
Notes: WPRC IDPA August Match
Match Director: Jon Green

If you have any questions feel free to email: [email protected]

Please Note: The Indoor Range is now officially closed for the summer while it is being renovated. WPRC will be running five stages during construction and we appreciate everyone's patience during the construction phase.

See you there,

--Michael French

Been interested in getting involved in IDPA think I might go down and watch for a little while and get a feel for it if thats alright?

Been interested in getting involved in IDPA think I might go down and watch for a little while and get a feel for it if thats alright?

I have not been to a Worcester match, but I know a lot of people who do go there regulary. Take your gun, mags and mag holders and shoot the match. I think you will find the people who shoot IDPA are very new shooter friendly. Just let them know you are new when you register.

I started out this year at MWT IDPA matches at HSC. They have been excellent to me, my friends and many many new shooters that seem to be entering IDPA.

Just my humble opinion, but as a "new guy" to. I wouldn't hesitate to participate rather than spectate. If I wasn't working this would have been my first Worcester match. I think you'll have a blast and learn a lot with some good people. Relax, be safe and seek the advice/direction of the SOs and your squad on each stage. Most of all have a blast!!!

No one will judge, care or remember how you score, how fast or acurrate you shot. Above all focus on being safe and then just relax and have fun!!!

Best wishes.

Definitely go to shoot, not watch. They treated me great. Just take your time, and shoot/reload smooth, the penalties are going to kill you no matter what until you learn the rules. :)

We welcome new shooters. As long as you have safe gun handling skills, such as drawing from holster/holstering, muzzle discipline and can perform a reload safely; then I encourage you to shoot the match. Speed and efficiency will come in due time and we will be happy to show you the ropes. You will need a concealment garment, strong side holster, magazine carriers, minimum of three magazines (more is better),120 rounds and your smile. We have a great bunch of shooters and the Match Director Jon Green puts on a fantastic match, so this would be a good match to get started on. If you do not have all of the equipment, then let us know what you are going to shoot for a gun and I can arrange for you to get want you need at least for your first match.

You may want to consult the rule book just to become familiar with the rules and there are milllion you tube videos you could watch to inform yourself what is involved and we can fill in the gaps:

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

Hope to see you there!!!

Michael French
WPRC IDPA Chairman

Last edited:

I'll echo what frenchmi said. Worcester is a great bunch of people. You'll be put on a squad of a few people that sticks together. Tell them you're new and they will help you out immensely. As long as your focus is on safety, not speed, you'll do great and you'll learn a hell of a lot more than you could by watching!

As for the gear, $20 kydex stuff is fine to start. If you don't have it already, post on here what gun you have and it's likely someone will have one you can borrow on Saturday. Having a solid, reliable holster is key. The crappy leather or nylon ones won't do as they don't do well on reholstering.

I fully agree, bring your gun and join the fun. They are a great bunch of folks and will make you feel welcomed.

I'd be there but we need to clean up my dad's yard and close his pool this Saturday.

Didn't have any major penalties today so hoping for a good overall score.
Thanks to all the volunteers who make the matches possible! And to all the shooters who donated their brass for my reloading efforts [smile]
[video=youtube_share;Ke-ejWAsJoM]http://youtu.be/Ke-ejWAsJoM[/video]

Didn't do well, made too many mistakes, but par for the course at times. Still had a good time with everyone there. Thanks to the staff.

William

the commode stage was a awesome stage to spectate, deff a awesome first impression for me ahaha

Back
Top Bottom