• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester IDPA 2/11/12

Mike-Mike

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
Worcester IDPA 2/11/12

Worcester Pistol and Rifle club would like to invite you to this event.

Title: WPRC IDPA MATCH
Date: Saturday 2/11/12
MD:
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Notes: WPRC IDPA MATCH
Registration 9:15 - 9:45
6 Stages Bring a flashlight.
Practice held- 2/5/12 Evening

See you there,

--Mike

It was a great match, but boy I blew it. A Procedural and a Hit on a NT. I think for stage 6 we should of moved the start position about 4' back to give more time for hits on the move.

I think for stage 6 we should of moved the start position about 4' back to give more time for hits on the move.

Yeah. It's stages like that one that make me want to shoot more USPSA and ICORE and less IDPA. [thinking] If IDPA wants to pretend to be tactical it is asinine to make people dance rather than use available cover.

It was a great match, but boy I blew it. A Procedural and a Hit on a NT. I think for stage 6 we should of moved the start position about 4' back to give more time for hits on the move.

Yea. Taking baby steps isn't tacticool. But it was still a great match. Thanks to all of the SOs and ASOs.

Yeah. It's stages like that one that make me want to shoot more USPSA and ICORE and less IDPA. [thinking] If IDPA wants to pretend to be tactical it is asinine to make people dance rather than use available cover.

This was my first stage of the day, and I got the penalty right away b/c I forgot to start taking nonsense baby steps before shooting. It was still a good match though.

Nick B

Last edited:
This was my first stage of the day, and I got the penalty right away b/c I forgot to start taking nonsense baby steps before shooting. It was still a good match though.

Nick B

Requiring shots to be taken on the move is a valid requirement for an IDPA stage. Requiring that you to continue to move, rather than use available cover, goes against one of the core principles of IDPA.

Requiring shots to be taken on the move is a valid requirement for an IDPA stage. Requiring that you to continue to move, rather than use available cover, goes against one of the core principles of IDPA.

Don't know the stage intent but sometimes it's a good idea to let the shooter shoot of the move until they get to cover at which all shots must be from cover at that point. Just saying.

Don't know the stage intent but sometimes it's a good idea to let the shooter shoot of the move until they get to cover at which all shots must be from cover at that point. Just saying.

Agreed. This was one of those shoot 4 targets two shots each on the move. Once at cover re-engage each target with two shots each. If you reached cover before engaging the 4 targets you were required to continue dance back and forth rather than use the cover that you had already reached.

ETA: I'm only complaining about this publicly because Follo brought it up. I already to complained about it to the MD this time and the last time we shot the same stage a few months ago.

Last edited:
Agreed. This was one of those shoot 4 targets two shots each on the move. Once at cover re-engage each target with two shots each. If you reached cover before engaging the 4 targets you were required to continue dance back and forth rather than use the cover that you had already reached.

ETA: I'm only complaining about this publicly because Follo brought it up. I already to complained about it to the MD this time and the last time we shot the same stage a few months ago.

Be grateful that Follo didn't require you to move back and forth while in your underwear.... he's like that. :)

You know Mike, a viable option to walking slower is shooting faster...or, on a more serious competitive note - simply run to cover and take the PE. My guess is for most shooters it would work to their advantage. Judging by the scores, it took people far longer to miss on the move than 3 seconds would have cost them. Also, running to cover first allows one to shoot from a much more stable platform, so hits would likely improve as well.

For all the mallninjas analyzing this thread, if you never turned your light on, how would threats ever engage you? A fast guy moving quietly in the dark is safer than a slow one carrying a lantern and making really loud noises one would suppose. Your location and purpose are pretty much busted once all the banging starts.

Craig

...and Yes, ICORE is our last best hope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom