• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Gun Dealer Agrees to End Illegal Firearm Sales

Look at her:

Moe-Howard-three-stooges-23436764-201-242.jpg

I hate her smug smirk.

OK, LOL...

Definitely made me laugh, but I MUST protest this abuse and do Moe justice. As a grade school kid I and some friends got to hang out with him a couple times as he lived in our town. Our first thoughts were, "Oh shit (more like 'poopie'), it's Moe!" However, he turned out to be a real gem and was one of the most genuinely nice old men I had met besides my grandfathers.

Oh hell, I'm still laughing, and Healy is so G-D evil...

Glock shut off all direct distribution to MA including LEO dealers. A third party distributor (LEO discount gets eaten by having a middleman) is now required for LEO sales to MA shops. So PDs all across the state (and thus taxpayers) will be paying higher prices for officers' duty weapons thanks to the AG's ****ery.

Not exactly, PDs can order from anywhere they were never required to order from MA distributors.

Not exactly, PDs can order from anywhere they were never required to order from MA distributors.

Yeah its only the non PD purchases that have been affected. LEO supply gun stores as well as normal gun stores have been at least in theory cut off from glocks. Im sure they can all get them through some middleman who adds nothing of value except Glock will sell direct to them, adding their cut to the cost of course.

Their 'expertise' is 100% that firearms and 'gun violence' are a public health crisis, which lends credence to the anti agenda.

The most violent thing a gun ever did to me was railroad tracks from a poor grip from the slide
Isn't doctor error responsible for more deaths than guns?

Pay 10G and shut up, fight and pay 35G + legal fees. They make a business decision and she gets press and pads her stats. The general non-gun owning public sees "bad gun shop gets caught" w/o really knowing anything...sounds like the MA political hack two step in full swing.

This is why there is Karma and a hell. This is pure evil what the AG is doing.

The average grouping? How is anyone supposed to determine any of this crap?

Just have Jerry Miculek shoot every mouse gun 3 times each. [lol]

Or let Bob Munden (RIP) pop three balloons in a row at 200 yards.

ETA: I wonder if Maura even knows that revolver barrels and pistol barrels are measured differently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an idea this Christmas to send cards to the people in town this turd was shat out and thank them for raising this queen of sewage. This year I will.

I will also support Gun Parlor, I bought things there before, nice guys, I will make a trip just for the sake to show support.

Worcester is a tough area for gun dealers. There are some good dealers real close to one another fighting over a small market. Whether you like these guys or not, they are one of us and a hit on them is a hit on the MA gun community as a whole. Even if you stop in and just buy a box of ammo, every one should now. help them pay that 10k fine. Hell, while you are in the area, check out the other shops as well!

Why the **** do people think DR's are firearms storage and safety experts?

By the way her efforts were as worthless as she is.

Irony: The CDC released their report years ago (2013) and it basically says the opposite of what the anti's want.

Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,”says a new report by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The $10 million study was commissioned by President Barack Obama as part of 23 executive orders he signed in January.

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states.

The report, which notes that “ violent crimes, including homicides specifically, have declined in the past five years,” also pointed out that “some firearm violence results in death, but most does not.” In fact, the CDC report said, most incidents involving the discharge of firearms do not result in a fatality.

“In 2010, incidents in the U.S. involving firearms injured or killed more than 105,000 Americans, of which there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) than deaths.”

“Most felons report obtaining the majority of their firearms from informal sources,” adds the report, while “stolen guns account for only a small percentage of guns used by convicted criminals.”

Researchers also found that the majority of firearm deaths are from suicide, not homicide. “Between the years 2000 and 2010, firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups, annually accounting for 61 percent of the more than 335,600 people who died from firearm-related violence in the United States."

African American males are most affected by firearm-related violence, with “32 per 100,000” deaths. Risk factors and predictors of violence include income inequality, “diminished economic opportunities . . . high levels of family disruption” and “low levels of community participation.”

The report expresses uncertainty about gun control measures, stating that “whether gun restrictions reduce firearm-related violence is an unresolved issue,” and that there is no evidence “that passage of right-to-carry laws decrease or increase violence crime.” It also stated that proposed “gun turn-in programs are ineffective.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/cdc-study-use-firearms-self-defense-important-crime-deterrent

The more I think about it, the more the T&G headline of "Illegal Guns" and the AG press release annoy me...

This is an enforcement of the CONSUMER PROTECTION regulations against unfair and deceptive business practices. This kind of regulation is intended to prevent Coke from putting 10oz of soda in a 12oz soda can. Would you call that "Illegal Coke"?

Note how almost any other enforcement of the "unfair and deceptive business practices" can be remedied by explicit disclosure. This can contains only 10oz of coke.

Yet the headline screams "Illegal Guns". Ooooh scary! Consumers might be deceived because the Glocks don't have a LCI approved by some undefined criteria by some bureaucratic flunky in the AG's office? Oh it's so unfair! ILLEGAL GUNS!!

Jim: Not to be a Scrivener or anything, but technically it is not:

"Worcester Gun Dealer Agrees to End Illegal Firearm Sales"

but rather:

"Worcester Gun Dealer Agrees to End Illegal Sales of Firearms."

Unless I have missed something (always possible), it is not the existence or ownership of the firearms in question that is "illegal," but rather certain sales of those firearms, to wit by licensed dealers to unlicensed individuals (that is to say, individuals who are not licensed dealers). That is to say, "illegal" correctly modifies "sales," not "firearms."

Indeed, one might even quibble with the adjective "illegal," which commonly refers to a violation of a criminal statute. The sales in question are only claimed to be "unfair or deceptive acts or practices" under G.L. ch. 93A, which is entirely civil; they are not claimed to be a violation of a criminal statute. But, then, anyone who raised such a quibble might be a Scrivener, so I won't.
I should have just used the title of the article.

Glock may not ship directly into MA, but a number of great distributors still do. That said, one main distributor recently "got their hand slapped by Glock for sending pistols in" - therefore none more through them. A little bird told me all this.

First thing I thought when I saw that.... What are the odd's the AG would sniff around for any reason to slap these guys because they have an absolutely amazing inventory of "**** you Maura Pre 94's".

First thing I thought when I saw that.... What are the odd's the AG would sniff around for any reason to slap these guys because they have an absolutely amazing inventory of "**** you Maura Pre 94's".

Seriously. Her cronies probably pooped their pants when they walked in there and saw all the scary guns on the walls.

sold handguns with a barrel length shorter than three inches to consumers without first providing disclosures required under state regulations about the potentially limited accuracy of such weapons.
in my own defense, i didn't read the whole thread.....but how would the ag's office know this? that no disclosure of the regs were provided. just thinking aloud again i am, but come on.....

in my own defense, i didn't read the whole thread.....but how would the ag's office know this? that no disclosure of the regs were provided. just thinking aloud again i am, but come on.....

My guess would be that the shop failed to take my cousin Paulie's advice: "Nobody ever got in trouble by keeping his mouth shut."

I have no idea when she claims that they did this, but as of 8/14/2014 that law changed and allows LEOs to purchase anything on the EOPS Roster for their personal pleasure. Need not be used for the job.

However, I'd guess most judges as well as dealers are ignorant enough to let her get away with such an accusation. These almost always end in a contractual agreement (cease and desist order with fine money attached), not in a courtroom with a judge making a ruling.

...not according to CJIS
are you confusing the ruling in the AWB stuff mayhaps?

Their 'expertise' is 100% that firearms and 'gun violence' are a public health crisis, which lends credence to the anti agenda.

The most violent thing a gun ever did to me was railroad tracks from a poor grip from the slide

You blame the sledge when you drop it on your toe???? That was OE, not the fault of the gun. ;)

Just out of curiosity, what did all this effort and harassment on her part get the people of Massachusetts? Is a single person any safer? I seriously doubt all this cost the state <$10k, so as far as I can tell she just harassed a small business owner for a few months and got a meaningless press release out of it. Meanwhile, how many other laws on the books in this state have gone unenforced, with very real costs and victims? How many illegals injured somebody, caused property damage, or took a job that someone here legally could have used? How much welfare fraud was committed? How many kids were hurt thanks to the incompetent DCF?

This woman's sole focus appears to be on the one industry in this state that isn't actually a problem. She's a total trainwreck as far as AGs go.

I know I feel safer receiving all them pieces of paper and signing my name 400 times stating that I comply with all of the disclosures. Heck, I'm pretty sure I signed up for "only shoots badguys" guns with those disclosures. We all need guns that only shoot badguys. Think if the guy in Ft Lauderdale had one. He'd have only shot himself. I'm glad I'm safe in MA.

So, they legally sold illegal guns to Police, but didn't keep records to verify that the police were using them legally?

Admin / Mods: I hereby request a steaming pile of poop smiley, thank you.

poop.gif

What Mags ? Don't know what your talkin about.[thinking]

Reader's Digest. Redbook. Time. Life. BusinessWeek. You know - Magazines!

...not according to CJIS
are you confusing the ruling in the AWB stuff mayhaps?

I think that you are correct. [I had not read the news article prior to that reply.]

The 2014 law allows LE to purchase new AWs and new large-cap mags, even for personal use.

AG Regs always exempted LE from compliance.

MGL passed in 1998 requires all dealers to not sell to anyone including LE any handgun not on the EOPS List (or grandfathered under the law), even for personal use.

So LE can indeed purchase new Glocks for personal use as long as they appear on the EOPS List. Glock telling distributors not to sell in MA does pose a problem for MA LEOs. However, Glock has 2 levels of distributors so I'm unsure if they also took that position with their LE Distributors (of which there are 2 that I know of in MA).

At any rate, her accusation that LEO Glock purchases MUST be only for duty use is wrong according to her own CMR!

Back
Top Bottom