• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Gun Buyback Stupidity

Enzo

NES Member
Last edited:
Appears to be an easy way to get rid of a gun that was used to commit a crime.

The officers asked no questions and offered no judgment. They took the gun and added it to the small pile of firearms in a trash bucket near the table.

homersimpson2.gif

Why did i waste my time reading that?

I see gang backers with those wood stocks sticking out of their jackets all the time. They'll never have another crime in worcester thanks to today.

The first four paragraphs are priceless.....
A woman from Holden "finds" a gun in her house, turns it in, gets a $75 gift card for food and SOME GUN LOCKS (why? she just got rid of her gun!), then she says she will eventually buy a gun!
Read the rest of the story if you want your blood pressure to spike or if you don't mind wasting life's precious minutes.....

http://worcestermag.com/2015/07/09/gun-buybacks-continue-in-worcester-as-effectiveness-questioned/34975

In Merrie Olde England she'd have been arrested for that.

http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/Ex-soldier-faces-jail-handing-gun/story-12659234-detail/story.html

https://www.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/possession-of-weapons/

I went to the gun buy back in Worcester last year to get rid of some ancient hopeless to repair of no value 1960s. .22 rifles. Mostly all trash guns some Saturday night special guns mostly pellet guns C&R. And a very interested Worcester police officer going through the bin and yelling out loud "it an H&R top break revolver!!!". H&R was a Worcester gun maker that had its factory up by Walgreens on chandler street.

Question for one to get rid of a "trash gun" that is unrepairable and of no value. Is this the only way to legally do it in Massachusetts by going to a gun buy back? I think these events are just a feel good baby blanket event. Just like prescription drug take back days. How many old bottles of Tylenol and Benadryl are being turned in compared to narcotics?

Last edited:

I wonder what kind of turn out they'd get for something like this

!!! MEGA STATEWIDE GUN BUYBACK !!!

$1000 CASH paid for unwanted pistols, rifles or shotguns

Open to EVERYONE...

who has been convicted of a crime or denied a firearms permit

Not open to law abiding citizens[SUP]* [/SUP]

* Special consideration for anyone thinking of committing a violent crime

Looks like at least one of those is an air rifle. I particularly like the shotgun with no stock, good thing they didn't get charged for an unregistered AOW.

They said otn the news this morning 225 total, 50 were pellet guns. i think They said 42 semi auto, so 75% were basically target and hunting stuff.

I went to the gun buy back in Worcester last year to get rid of some ancient hopeless to repair of no value 1960s. .22 rifles. Mostly all trash guns some Saturday night special guns mostly pellet guns C&R. And a very interested Worcester police officer going through the bin and yelling out loud "it an H&R top break revolver!!!". H&R was a Worcester gun maker that had its factory up by Walgreens on chandler street.

Question for one to get rid of a "trash gun" that is unrepairable and of no value. Is this the only way to legally do it in Massachusetts by going to a gun buy back? I think these events are just a feel good baby blanket event. Just like prescription drug take back days. How many old bottles of Tylenol and Benadryl are being turned in compared to narcotics?

The cops working it (getting paid overtime) will tell you it's all BS and for show. They tell you it's 98% junk and hunting stuff, and it's mostly widows. They know not a single gun is "off the street". The amounts they gave in worcester were much lower than they off closer to boston.

It is a good time to stop reading an article anytime someone starts with "I believe in the 2nd Amendment, but" ...

This X a billion! They are only trying to convince THEMSELVES that they believe in 2A and the Constitution b/c anyone with half a brain can see that they DON'T!

Actions > words.

It is a good time to stop reading an article anytime someone starts with "I believe in the 2nd Amendment, but" ...

I thought it was a decent article actually, given the topic. You can't blame the reporter for the quotes if that's what this person and the PD.

If you read further:

Sterman also quoted University of Maryland criminology professor Tom Mauriello as saying: “Real criminals, a firearm is a tool of their trade, so they’re not giving up their weapons for gift cards or money,” Mauriello said.

The only part missing in these "buy back" articles is that from what I understand, any of these people could have sold it to an FFL at anytime for CASH.

The only part missing in these "buy back" articles is that from what I understand, any of these people could have sold it to an FFL at anytime for CASH.

Most of what's turned in is such junk no one in the right mind would pay cash for it. Poor quality in the time and now rusty neglected rifles that would KA-BOOM on the first round fired.

Nothing more than a good optic of people lining up to turn in their guns. They could care less about urban gun crime. This is evidenced by Chicago each and every day. To them, it's thugs killing thugs. A good way to cull the population. These little theater pieces that they pull every now and then are nothing but a way to get pictures in the media of voluntary turn ins. Good predictive programming for the sheeple.

[video=youtube_share;t3rEKu2rJXE]http://youtu.be/t3rEKu2rJXE[/video]

Always a great video to watch. It reminds me of the WBCN shows where they would do a skit where they'd see if an animal would eat a dead version of its species. I think it was titled "Will a chicken eat chicken? Or "Will a pig eat pork?"

Always a great video to watch. It reminds me of the WBCN shows where they would do a skit where they'd see if an animal would eat a dead version of its species. I think it was titled "Will a chicken eat chicken? Or "Will a pig eat pork?"

Last edited by a moderator:
over 2,500 guns have been returned to law enforcement officials.
Returned? They make it sound like the police issued the guns in the first place. It makes about as much sense as saying that I could "return" a table saw to the corner supermarket.

Back
Top Bottom