• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Gun Buyback June 25th

I don't get it, do you get $125 from a semi-auto handgun and $100 from Semi-auto rifles?

Also, what do you get for all those fully automatic assault rifles that everyone got without background checks at gun shows and use to shoot up schools?

How about a "Free Evaluation of Your Firearm" to include an estimate of it's worth?

I am sure the WPD would object to the "competition" however.

A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to kill a family member or friend than to kill an intruder.

Any idea where they get this info, is there a source for this?

One of the "errors" in such a claim is that it assumes that the only way to defend yourself successfully with a firearm is to kill the assailant. When in fact, using a firearm to scare off or wound an attacker is a perfectly defensible defensive use of a firearm.

Serious question - can you go there to make offers to people bringing guns in ?

Actually a guy I know set up in front of it today with s sign on his car offering cash, laptops , and TVs in exchange for guns. He was asked to leave because the lack of s peddlers license. He plans on getting one and trying again.

Fail.

http://www.telegram.com/news/201606...s-undeterred-by-modest-showing-at-gun-buyback

WORCESTER — At 9 a.m. Saturday, several dozen people packed the lobby of the police station, waiting to kick off the first weekend of summer with a $20 gun safety class — a precursor, to many, for a license.​
At the same time, Dr. Michael P. Hirsh, the city’s medical director, and Deputy Police Chief Edward J. McGinn waited over at the Belmont AME Zion Church on Illinois Street for folks interested in trading a gun for up to $75 in groceries.​
And they waited, and waited.​

“We collected about nine guns and gave out 21 trigger locks today,” he said. “Maybe the message is that (Orlando) made people feel like they needed to hold onto their guns, but make sure they’re safe.”

I have seen the light. Buybacks don't do gun owners any good.

Thats not true I know a guy who inherited a few pos h&r revolvers that woulda cost more to fix than they are worth. So he turned them in at one of the higher paying ones and got groceries for two weeks. Not a bad haul for a few pos non working revolvers

Thats not true I know a guy who inherited a few pos h&r revolvers that woulda cost more to fix than they are worth. So he turned them in at one of the higher paying ones and got groceries for two weeks. Not a bad haul for a few pos non working revolvers

Did they interview him? Did he say:

"he supports the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but he does not believe civilians should be able to wield the kind of assault-style rifle used in Orlando. That’s insane. Nobody needs to buy those, adding he would like to see Congress pass so-called “No Fly, No Buy” legislation that would stop gun sales to people on terrorist no-fly lists."

No wait, a woman at this buyback said that (with gender correct pronouns). That statement is worth all the money they paid out. Hope he gave them something as thank you. Wouldn't want to seem ungrateful to his masters... [sad2]

Well, I give Worcester PD credit for holding affordable firearms safety classes. However, I'm concerned about the misinformation they might be spreading in these classes.

But, one thing I'm sure of: They will never schedule a gun buyback at the same time they schedule a firearms safety class.

Was just watching the WBZ 10 o'clock news and they said how Worcester had their 15th annual gun buyback, up to $75 per gun and free gunlocks, they said. But the part that really frosted me was they said, "no report of how many guns were turned in".....?
Even the 4th rate Telegram & Gazette reported yesterday that it was 8 guns, today they reported 9.
My guess is the press release to the other media didn't report how piss poor a turnout they had.

WORCESTER — At 9 a.m. Saturday, several dozen people packed the lobby of the police station, waiting to kick off the first weekend of summer with a $20 gun safety class — a precursor, to many, for a license.
At the same time, Dr. Michael P. Hirsh, the city’s medical director, and Deputy Police Chief Edward J. McGinn waited over at the Belmont AME Zion Church on Illinois Street for folks interested in trading a gun for up to $75 in groceries.
And they waited, and waited.

“We collected about nine guns and gave out 21 trigger locks today,” he said. “Maybe the message is that (Orlando) made people feel like they needed to hold onto their guns, but make sure they’re safe.”

According to TAG they got 8 guns 2 pistols, 2 rifles and 4 shottys.

Back
Top Bottom