Worcester cop arrested for home invasion, released on $500 bail

<sigh>

Must I cast the TROLL line here guys????

NES: where you never believe a news story that you read, ever, and hold out all judgement until the facts come out.............unless its a cop at fault, then you hang him out to dry before the ink on the article is even dry. [rolleyes]

<sigh>

NES: where you never believe a news story that you read, ever, and hold out all judgement until the facts come out.............unless its a cop at fault, then you hang him out to dry before the ink on the article is even dry. [rolleyes]

everyone's innocent until proven guilty. But when reading articles like this it makes more sense to discuss under the presumption of guilt. This place would be pretty boring if every response was, "well he hasn't had his day in court yet so I'll wait until then to comment".....that, and we expect that cops should be held to a higher standard not a lower one. Merely this charge/accusation would result in the rest of us losing our LTC, and we sure as shit wouldn't be looking at $500 bail. We'd be held pending a dangerousness hearing and bail would be unaffordable without mortgaging our homes. The double standards piss people off.

Aaannnd, in the news last night, a BPD cop stole a cruiser for the weekend, went on a joyride to revere, and then got busted in a domestic dispute with his "partner" (whatever the hell that means), and they tell us BPD has been trying to get him fired for over a year, for supposedly stealing another vehicle?

yup, unions. Making life better for everybody...

I can't for the life of me understand why those who are sworn to uphold the laws aren't held to a higher standard of conduct.

www.policemisconduct.net

might be time to put this up as a reminder...

<sigh>

Wasn't trolling at all, was just linking an article that showed how police are treated diffferent than a regular citizen. Almost everyone who posted, including a cop, felt that he at least should've had a dangerousness hearing, and/or held on higher bail. This isn't petty theft, it's pretty serious charges. Besides, why wound't I believe an article like this? It's not an opinion piece, it's just really reporting court documents.

armed home invasion, threats to murder, assault and battery...$500 bail. Seems reasonable.

I'm sure you forgot the sarcasm indicator.[thinking]

Reasonable to Maybe to a retarded judge, or one who knows that someone has something on him/her. It's not reasonable to anyone else with two working brain synapses.

People are routinely held on $500 bail for traffic offenses, not armed home invasions, assault and battery and terroristic murder threats.

<sigh>

NES: Where the cop apologists come out in force no matter what the charges are and no matter how damning the evidence is against the cop. Are you phucking kidding me?

my boss probably would fire me if i was accused of this, but if i were i would expect to be. must be nice to wear the uniform....

Several years ago I had an accusation levelled at me without a shred of evidence.
result? I was terminated.

granted it all got straightened out in the end and the accusations never held up since they were unwarranted. Ultimately I learned a great deal about human behavior and it was eye-opening for me.

The point is not that LEOs should fry (as I did)...no Im not going that far. however, they should be held to the same standard as the rest of us, which is that the court of public opinion indeed takes its wrath and I am sick of LEOs and .gov hanging comfortably when any of us would be in a world of $hit.

anyone who cant see the disparity is either blind, stupid or an LEO

Last edited:
Several years ago I had an accusation levelled at me without a shred of evidence.
result? I was terminated.

granted it all got straightened out in the end and the accusations never held up since they were unwarranted. Ultimately I learned a great deal about human behavior and it was eye-opening for me.

The point is not that LEOs should fry (as I did)...no Im not going that far. however, they should be held to the same standard as the rest of us, which is that the court of public opinion indeed takes its wrath and I am sick of LEOs and .gov hanging comfortably when any of us would be in a world of $hit.

anyone who cant see the disparity is either blind, stupid or an LEO

It doesn't even have to be the "court of public opinion", it should be the court of law and being such, it should make its decisions based on equal treatment under the law .....something that usually goes right out the window when a cop is the defendant.

It doesn't even have to be the "court of public opinion", it should be the court of law and being such, it should make its decisions based on equal treatment under the law .....something that usually goes right out the window when a cop is the defendant.

Then either treat LEOs like us or treat us like LEOs.

Its "innocent until proven guilty" should not apply to LEOs only, but it clearly does. The disparity is getting worse overtime. It is sickening.

dude if imwere under federal investigation I would be fired in 1 minute. Cops are under federal onvestigation get paid LOA gimme a ****ing break.

Last edited:

Its "innocent until proven guilty" should not apply to LEOs only, but it clearly does. The disparity is getting worse overtime. It is sickening.

dude if imwere under federal investigation I would be fired in 1 minute. Cops are under federal onvestigation get paid LOA gimme a ****ing break.

Are you trying to confuse the situation here?

I don't think there should be a double standard, but I'm not going NOT acknowledge that there is one.....with cops almost always getting the most preferential treatment over others....even in the most egregious offenses.

I think we're on the same page no?

Last edited by a moderator:

+1 this 1,000 times

WORCESTER — A Worcester man was ordered held on $3,500 cash bail Monday on charges of physically abusing his girlfriend's 9-year-old son.

Todd W. Fike, 46, of 6 Sheridan St. was arraigned in Central District Court on two counts each of assault and battery on a child causing injury, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and single counts of threatening to commit a crime and witness intimidation.

Back
Top Bottom