Woops. Apple CSO wants Big Boom.

LOL, perfect. Apple peeps will have to lay off the gun control wagon for a while.

"May Issue"

Each California county has their own way of dealing with permits, Santa Clara County's solution was to expedite issuance with suitable bribes.

Yeah, sounds like the Apple sec people stumbled into a bribery machine in the midst of it being broken. Should they have blown the whistle? That works out GREAT normally, right? Charging them is kind of like charging someone for handing the [bent country officer] the requisite amount. I have little sympathy, but I also have worked to not be at the bottom of that beg-for-rights well.

How many other counties in California, and perhaps, MA, have similar practices that fly under the radar. Whose palm needs greasing for Boston residents to get an unrestricted license?
This is all bullshit and unfortunately I fear it’s going to fall on deaf ears outside of certain communities.

How many other counties in California, and perhaps, MA, have similar practices that fly under the radar. Whose palm needs greasing for Boston residents to get an unrestricted license? This is all bullshit and unfortunately I fear it’s going to fall on deaf ears outside of certain communities.
Can be pretty sure there's no pay-for-play in San Francisco County; "the state bureau reported that there were only two CCW licenses among the 888,000 residents", (down from a high of 10 a decade ago).

Can be pretty sure there's no pay-for-play in San Francisco County; "the state bureau reported that there were only two CCW licenses among the 888,000 residents", (down from a high of 10 a decade ago).
So with there being only two guns in all of San Francisco,
trying to spot someone printing while you're walking around the city
is a whole lot like looking at the glass-walled beehive
on the south side of the second floor at Kittery Trading Post
and playing Spot The Queen.

So with there being only two guns in all of San Francisco,
trying to spot someone printing while you're walking around the city
is a whole lot like looking at the glass-walled beehive
on the south side of the second floor at Kittery Trading Post
and playing Spot The Queen.
i did not know that KTP was a hot bed for transgenders....

The problem with this is the headline. The POLICE ( Santa Clara County Undersheriff Rick Sung and Captain James Jensen ) are the corrupt bastards taking bribes for approving gun permits (and denying permits for non-payment)

Who they're taking bribes from is far less relevant to me.

The problem with this is the headline. The POLICE ( Santa Clara County Undersheriff Rick Sung and Captain James Jensen ) are the corrupt bastards taking bribes for approving gun permits (and denying permits for non-payment)

Who they're taking bribes from is far less relevant to me.
Yes, this is a case of charging the victim.

How many other counties in California, and perhaps, MA, have similar practices that fly under the radar. Whose palm needs greasing for Boston residents to get an unrestricted license?
This is all bullshit and unfortunately I fear it’s going to fall on deaf ears outside of certain communities.
Don't forget NYC. How do the rich and important get a permit and others don't?

Boston's system of unrestricted has "classist" elements, as it is doubtful a celebrity, praetorian guard for an important person, CEO, MD, etc. would be denied. But, Comm2A has not received any reports of criminal payoffs in cash or kind in order to be approved for unrestricted. Try making a payoff in MA and you'll probably get charged.

Similarly, the NYC like concept that existed of paying an expediter or attorney thousands to use backchannel connections to purchase an approval is unheard of in MA. In MA one generally one pays thousands for a district court hearing at which the judge carefully weighs evidence on both sides before finding against the applicant.

Given that CEOs of places like Apple generally insist on always having guns near them for protection, the issuance of a carry permit to someone without LEO credentials or LEOSA privileges is stealing a job from a retired or moonlighting LEO.

Last edited:
Boston's system of unrestricted has "classist" elements, as it is doubtful a celebrity, praetorian guard for an important person, CEO, MD, etc. would be denied. But, Comm2A has not received any reports of criminal payoffs in cash or kind in order to be approved for unrestricted. Try making a payoff in MA and you'll probably get charged.
Executive summary:
Massachusetts hates gun owners - not guns.​

My thought is the Apple CSO who was indicted is the victim of extortion, not guilty of bribery.

If someone at the RMV demanded a C note to not disable someone driving license, would paying it be bribery or extortion?

My thought is the Apple CSO who was indicted is the victim of extortion, not guilty of bribery.

If someone at the RMV demanded a C note to not disable someone driving license, would paying it be bribery or extortion?
Well, it may be to the Apple guy's benefit to go with that story in any case.
(See Prisoner's Dilemma for details...)

When they get defendants pointing fingers at each other,
I wonder what it takes to hold separate trials,
and I wonder how they decide which one to schedule first...

Back
Top Bottom