• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woohoo!! New rockchucker on the way.

I just ordered my 1st reloading kit from midway and can't wait to get started.
I'm getting the rockchucker supreme kit with Lee carbide dies plus frankford calipers, loading tray, and ammo boxes to go along with the loading books I already have. I'm planning to try some homemade case cleaning recipies and check the lebanon gun show this weekend for components.
Hopefully I can work up some good 9mm recipies before it gets too cold so I can stock up for next spring.

I just ordered my 1st reloading kit from midway and can't wait to get started.
I'm getting the rockchucker supreme kit with Lee carbide dies plus frankford calipers, loading tray, and ammo boxes to go along with the loading books I already have. I'm planning to try some homemade case cleaning recipies and check the lebanon gun show this weekend for components.
Hopefully I can work up some good 9mm recipies before it gets too cold so I can stock up for next spring.

Good for you. I have the Rock Chucker as well. Nice quality press. Please post what you use for recipes. I started with W231 and now prefer Alliant Power Pistol... nice yellow flash too. I use FMJ 124 Gr bullets with about 5.6Gr of PP- you can go higher but it's a nice load.

By the way... buy some walnut lizard litter from Walmart- it's cheap and works great in the tumbler.

Last edited:
Good for you. I have the Rock Chucker as well. Nice quality press. Please post what you use for recipes. I started with W231 and now prefer Alliant Power Pistol... nice yellow flash too. I use FMJ 124 Gr bullets with about 5.6Gr of PP- you can go higher but it's a nice load.

By the way... buy some walnut lizard litter from Walmart- it's cheap and works great in the tumbler.
Thanks lugnut, I was thinking of trying power pistol with some 115-124 gr. fmj's to get started. I don't have a tumbler yet so I was going to try using hot water with lemon juice and dish detergent to clean cases for now.

I don't have a tumbler yet so I was going to try using hot water with lemon juice and dish detergent to clean cases for now.

When you get the chance, get a tumbler. You will like it much better than liquid hand washing your cases. Just dump them in and walk away. Also, make sure you let your cases sit for at least a couple of days after they come out of the liquid to make sure they are completely dry. Just a little drop of water in a case, or primer pocket will ruin your day.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom