• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woohoo! Early promotion!

My son just skyped to say he made early promotion to E-3. Private First Class! He wasn't due until November, but somebody evidently noticed him. Hey, it's "only" PFC, but I'm damned proud of my boy. We only sent him off to the Army last November. At this rate, he'll be a general by the time he gets out!

He also informs me that he's been designated the squad 249 gunner. Don't know what to make of that. I guess the M249 is a fine weapon (although I've heard some stories...), but I'm not sure how to take the news. This is the weapon he'll deploy with. Hmmm...

His wife is looking good ... about 5 months along. Getting a little cranky, Dan says. Seems right, as I recall. I went through this twice. Five months is where she REALLY starts to be aware that she's pregnant. No getting around the fact. Glad it's not me going through it. I did my time!

The boy turns 21 on Saturday ... September 11. Not exactly like being born on the 4th of July, but kinda like. He hopes to be home on leave for two weeks in early October ... our last visit before he deploys. I better go get some ammo for him to shoot.

Can't wait for the kid to come home.

You done good!

You should be proud! To stand out in the crowd is good!
(unless your me, but I won't get into that)

And hey, I'm greatfull to your son!

Congradulations to all of you and thank you!

I have never met you or him in person, but thank him for me for his service. Also tell him I dig Ytterboom (is that the correct spelling?) [wink]

That's fantastic, I was so proud when my promotion for PFC came in, those many many years ago. Congrats and send him my thanks for his service. The M249, that's the SAW (squad assault weapon) that replaced the Vietnam era M60 right?. I think it's lighter than the M60 but he must be a big boy to lug that thing around.

My son just skyped to say he made early promotion to E-3. Private First Class! He wasn't due until November, but somebody evidently noticed him. Hey, it's "only" PFC, but I'm damned proud of my boy. We only sent him off to the Army last November. At this rate, he'll be a general by the time he gets out!

His wife is looking good ... about 5 months along.

Can't wait for the kid to come home.

Congratulate your son for me on his promotion and his new baby. Especially thank him for his service. We all owe him big time. You should be very proud. It's great to have a child who stands out from the rest in a good way.

You're right, someone's been watching him! Congratulations to you, family, and son. Much to be proud of. Please thank him for his service to our country.

Back
Top Bottom