• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woodcock rd

Your best bet would be to search NES, most Google searches will bring you back here. It used go out to 500 yards, I was there a last year and it's maintained out to about 200. Which is a shame really as there isn't to many long ranges in southern NE.

They have some steel that is usually up @ 300yds (unless someone shot the shit out of it) and they have some requirements (that I don't remember) for going @ 500yd target. I have fun shooting the 10/22 @ the 300yd steel when I go.

steel at 200, 300 and 500 yards.
if you want to walk out to 300 or 500 yards the RO needs to call off all shooting at any of the side ranges so you can paint the steel or put up a target.
nice range, short hours. you really can't beat it for $40
there are some draw backs.
NO GUESTS
NO steel at 50 or 30 yards only the steel that the club put up at 200,300 and 500
god forbid you pick up your own brass, you will be yelled at every time by the head RO to remind you that any brass other than your own is range property!!!

god forbid you pick up your own brass, you will be yelled at every time by the head RO to remind you that any brass other than your own is range property!!!

Never had that problem when I've been there. Then again I'm usually the only person shooting, maybe one other

Yeah I've seen it literally dozens of times.
I only go on Wednesday nights now. There are about 3 die yards there every Wednesday rain shine or snow.
The Wednesday night RO is awesome.

Anyone been here recently? is the 500 yard line still open? Considering signing up and driving from the Cape to stretch the legs on my 700.

Anyone been here recently? is the 500 yard line still open? Considering signing up and driving from the Cape to stretch the legs on my 700.

I wouldnt drive that far for this range...i joined it for years ago and it was ok... but i wont be paying them again... its hard to join since they only do it once a week. And then there is the requirement to write down what your shooting the cal and the ammo.... its a pita if you bring a few with you.

I go there weekly. As far as I know the guy who does licenses will take paperwork any day of the week and usually if you get there early he will sign you up while you wait (not on weekends and not wednesday after 3)
500 is still open.

The reason for writing down what you're shooting is because years ago they had issues with some 40 cal hitting houses nearby. Thing is no-one at the range was shooting 40 that day. The Police range next door was being used for training all day though.
So they like to cover their butts and keep the blame off of them when someone is doing a tactical roll and blasting rounds from their glock

I tryed to renew for a while but he they said he only did it on Tuesdays or something like that... i liked how i didnt have to bring a stand since you can rent 1 which is awesome. And them closeing early sucked. Maybe ill give it another try. Have they cleaned up? I know at the fireing line you wernt walking on dirt you were walking on brass which was hard to locate my spent brass for saveing

the guy who runs is it grumpy and temperamental so who knows.
they do seems to sweep up the brass a little better now.
hours do suck. 3pm ish daily except wednesday is 8pm.

Back
Top Bottom