Wood - Which do you prefer?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Yeah, I thought the title would interest some of you.... [wink]

But now that your minds are out of the gutter, wondering which wood in the pictures below you prefer. I've shot with both of them and can't seem to decide. Both have their plus and minuses.

So, which one? Smooth and square or round and dimpled? [smile]

Smooth and square:
IMG_0413_zpsprpgmhgw.jpg

Round and dimpled:
e5ae4fb8-5230-4403-8a54-892cd0954e2d_zpsxtcokuum.jpg

I say go for the 1 you like best... then ship the other set to me :D lol
they are both beautiful looking the square 1 looks awesome but imo i like the feeling of the 2nd 1 in my hand

It's had round smooth south american wood combat grips on one of my 686s. They were great for concealment and had good enough grip. I now have square butt checked on my house gun because if I jump out of the shower or am hand mixing sausage meat I want the grip to compensate

I bought aftermarket square-smooth on my 686. I love the shape and the look, but wish I got the checkered, it's slick as hell.

I like the first one. Both are nice. I can't decide. so I would recommend you buy another gun and then you can use a set on each. [smile]

The only S&W revolver I own that still has the rubber grips on is a 4" S&W 500. Would love to put some nice wood on it but think I'd feel the recoil much more without the rubber. Though if I stay with 325gr rounds it might not be so bad. Anything in the 400gr and above would definitely hurt.

If it had a four or six inch barrel, I'd go with the top set. For a two inch barrel, I think it looks more balanced with the round butt grip. As mentioned, the bottom set also appears easier to conceal.

Chris

Me, the round butt grips, #2. I have a set on my talo 629 3" 44 mag. Love 'em, look good and feel good.

if i was going to edc that gun, i'd go with hogue. but it's so damn 'purdy, and i wouldn't edc it. that said, classic #1.

Back
Top Bottom