wondering what this deer tangled with....

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I’m going to go with a combine or the like. The cuts are too clean to be a predator.

Bob
yeah, crazy. i don't deer hunt, know nothing about their anatomy, but the lack of blood on it's hide astonishes me.

Goes to show how tough they are you won’t see a person walking around like that.
right, my bro in law gets a splinter he calls off work. the deer may be in shock?? if that can happen.

Mudflap621

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
By the looks of it the meats already glazing over so didn’t just happen it’s been little while. No vitals hit and looks like it literally peeled the skin off. He’s definately in pain and infection will set in. The sooner he’s shot the better. Every chance I’ve had to take a wounded animal I have even if it was my last tag. Just the right thing to do wether theres meat to salvage or not.

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yeah, crazy. i don't deer hunt, know nothing about their anatomy, but the lack of blood on it's hide astonishes me.

right, my bro in law gets a splinter he calls off work. the deer may be in shock?? if that can happen.
Deer have a high level of Vitamin K in their blood which greatly enhances their blood clotting ability So the lack of blood on the hide doesn’t surprise me much.

I would guess that it’s a day or possibly two day old injury. They are incredibly hardy critters.

Bob

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not a bad rack. They’re usually smarter with a rack that size.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s not a bad rack. They’re usually smarter with a rack that size.
True but according to the time stamp, this happened recently and it's rut season. I have seen some very nice deer do some really stupid stuff during rut. The bucks have only one thing on their minds right now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True but according to the time stamp, this happened recently and it's rut season. I have seen some very nice deer do some really stupid stuff during rut. The bucks have only one thing on their minds right now.
That usually leads a lot of us into trouble. Just like that

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
That is one nasty wound. No way it was a fight, my guess is he was caught under a steel fence and paid the price. Dead buck walking.

Top Bottom