Wondering how long until "they" blame "us" for the Boston bombings? Here ya go..

GlockJock

NES Member
Didn't take long....Today's Herald editorials pages (and also nationally) via this nationally published "journalist" Marvin Leibstone:
<<< "Important, of course, is that political agendas be kept out of the way. In the late 1970s an arm of the U.S. Congress, the now defunct Office of Technology Assessment, explored the use of color-marked “taggants” in explosives. After an explosion, these tiny granules would be swept up from debris. The colors would be used to help identify where the explosives were made and last sold, maybe lead to the perpetrators.
The idea was killed by the National Rifle Association arguing that use of “taggants” in explosives could lead to shotgun-owners being identified and registered by color-coding, an infringement on individual rights, they claimed. That eliminated one more anti-terror tool...">>>
So, therefore, Mr. Leibstone and millions of his readers: It's OK for YOU to express YOUR political agenda, as long as it throws crap and a little veiled hatred at the NRA and NRA members, correct Mr. Leibstone??

Turn on MSNBC. Literally 20 minutes after the explosion, Chris Matthews was drawing conclusions that it was right wing perpetrated due to the fact that Boston is primarily democrat, and that the JFK library was attacked because he was a prominent figure in the democratic party.

My jaw dropped.

Boston Marathon bombs have hallmarks of 'lone wolf' devices, experts say

Boston Marathon bombs have hallmarks of 'lone wolf' devices, experts say

In this case, the formula seems very similar to one that al Qaeda has recommended to its supporters around the world as both crudely effective and difficult to trace. But it is also a recipe that has been adopted by extreme right-wing individuals in the United States.

What a wonderful piece of Obama/DNC Joint Journalism Task Force excrement. Where is the data to back up that statement. The last time I saw any RIOTS were due to the Anti-Wall Street crowd. Give me a *ucking break.

This $h1t has to turn around or we are done for...

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American

images

As we now move into the official Political Aftermath period of the Boston bombing — the period that will determine the long-term legislative fallout of the atrocity — the dynamics of privilege will undoubtedly influence the nation’s collective reaction to the attacks. That’s because privilege tends to determine: 1) which groups are — and are not — collectively denigrated or targeted for the unlawful actions of individuals; and 2) how big and politically game-changing the overall reaction ends up being.

This has been most obvious in the context of recent mass shootings. In those awful episodes, a religious or ethnic minority group lacking such privilege would likely be collectively slandered and/or targeted with surveillance or profiling (or worse) if some of its individuals comprised most of the mass shooters. However, white male privilege means white men are not collectively denigrated/targeted for those shootings — even though most come at the hands of white dudes.

Turn on MSNBC. Literally 20 minutes after the explosion, Chris Matthews was drawing conclusions that it was right wing perpetrated due to the fact that Boston is primarily democrat, and that the JFK library was attacked because he was a prominent figure in the democratic party.

My jaw dropped.

Matthews is a tool. His show sucks and is likely losing ratings. His assessments are so chalk full of fail, that I can't even begin to engage them especially so soon after this tradegy.

The only problem is a lie repeated (and not challenged) becomes truth.

The only problem is a lie repeated (and not challenged) becomes truth.

Unfortunately, in society today I think a repeated lie, even if challenged, gains momentum of truth especially when spouted by the so called "professional" journalists. I fear that people want to be told what to think and not how to think. Something our schools have been training for almost 25 years now. Moreover, the greatest fear of people is to be a heretic of the manufactured social norm as you are branded as "stupid," "unintelligent" and "backward."

Unfortunately, in society today I think a repeated lie, even if challenged, gains momentum of truth especially when spouted by the so called "professional" journalists. I fear that people want to be told what to think and not how to think. Something our schools have been training for almost 25 years now. Moreover, the greatest fear of people is to be a heretic of the manufactured social norm as you are branded as "stupid," "unintelligent" and "backward."

The "gas" on the fire though is social media...once it starts getting shared the bulls@#t becomes "true" because well...its on the internet so it must be true [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom