Women's Instructional Shoot

It's not cast in stone as yet, however, we (Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun) may be hosting a "women only" shoot. It will not be a Women On Target shoot, but will be run basically the same way with yours truely as the lead/head instructor.

It was brought up at our meeting tonight as we've had a few women email us.

Details are still in the planning stage, but it might be sometime in late summer, early fall...date isn't set as yet. There will be a small charge (probably between $5.00 and $10.00) which will be used to pay for the ammo and hopefully provide refreshments and snacks.

For those interested, I'll keep you updated on the info in this space.

What is that? I'd like to sign the boss up for that, or if it isn't basic enough, a private class. I belong to MRA but haven't seen anything there coming up. I don't know where "the list" is to email you.

Martlet said:
What is that? I'd like to sign the boss up for that, or if it isn't basic enough, a private class. I belong to MRA but haven't seen anything there coming up. I don't know where "the list" is to email you.

The course is designed for someone who's never even held a gun before, let alone shoot. As I said, keep watching this thread for new information. After we get a date scheduled and the rest of the specifics set, I'll post all the info for sign up, etc.

Lynne
If you need an extra hand, give me a yell. I, also, have a NRA Handgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer Certificates if that helps.

JimConway said:
Lynne
If you need an extra hand, give me a yell. I, also, have a NRA Handgun Instructor and Range Safety Officer Certificates if that helps.

Thanks Jim - I'll holler if I need extra eyes, ears and hands. :D

Any updates? I think my better half might be interested.

Is there any way you could PM me when you nail down a date? Thanks!!

MidKnight said:
Any updates? I think my better half might be interested.

Is there any way you could PM me when you nail down a date? Thanks!!

Still don't have a date as yet - looking at October right now, due to other things that are going on. However, I'll post something here as soon as I get anything firmed up. Sorry it's taking so long, but there's a number of other folks that are involved and I haven't gotten any response from them as yet on info that I need. :(

There will be a Women on Target shoot at the Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun club on May 13th. I don't have a time frame as yet, however, it will be put on by GOAL. As soon as more info becomes available, I'll post it.

Lynne said:
There will be a Women on Target shoot at the Haverhill Hound Rod & Gun club on May 13th. I don't have a time frame as yet, however, it will be put on by GOAL. As soon as more info becomes available, I'll post it.

The date has been changed to May 28th. This is Memorial Day weekend and it's probably going to be tough for some folks because of that. It was the only other day that Jon had available to plan this. As more becomes available for info, I'll post it.

Lynne:

I'm also an NRA certified instructor and range safety officer. I'll be glad to help out if you need some help.

Hamar said:
Lynne, Is this something my daughter could attend? I dont know how deep you get.

Absolutely! How old is she? I think parent/guardian needs to be there to sign a paper tho. It's a scaled down version of the NRA Basic Pistol course....more like the Home Firearm Safety course. Then the ladies get to go to the different ranges and shoot different types of hand guns, rifles and shot guns. The last one we had (which was also our first) was a big success with the ladies. [smile]

Ken, Thank you for that suggestion. My wife and I talked about this very thing a couple months back when somebody posted the info on this board. The problem is, My daughter my enjoy shooting with me but she HATES to camp. She is very much a girly girl if you know what I mean. Just on match sundays it takes the kid almost 45 minutes to get ready. Blow drying the hair, picking out the "right" jeans, having to put on just the right amount of make up so it doesnt look like she has any on at all....Naa...she wont do the camping thing. But thanks for the link.

Update: The WOT is on for Sunday, May 28th at the Haverhill Hound, Rod and Gun club. If anyone is interested in attending, please contact Nancy Snow at GOAL to sign up for it. We've already got about 20 or so signed up and the cut off is 30.

(I'm psyched that we've got 20 so far!! [smile] )

tim1684 said:
Lynne, thanks for donating your time and knowledge. My wife called today to enroll herself as well as my mother. Girls day out!

It's my pleasure to do it. It's a ton of fun. [smile] Did they sign up for the one at HHRG? If yes, tell your wife to say hi to me, k? That's so cool they're going together! I love it!! [smile]

They will be at the HHRG on Sunday the 28th. I'll tell them to look out for you . I'm sure at some point we'll meet up there as well. Thanks again.

Im going to have my sis come along... I will send out confirmation and do the sign up as early as this weekend to get confirmed.

Thanks for helping organizing this , its a great thing!!

I have called Nancy at Goal but she is away till Wednesday. I left her all my information and my mom and sis's info to get on the list. This is a great thing.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom