Women only basic gun courses ?

jkoj

NES Member
So my wife and a couple of her friends are looking to complete the first steps in getting there ltc. Looking around the Mansfield area for some Sunday classes. Doesn’t have to be women only but would help. Definitely has to be live fire. Thx in advance.

should've posted this about 2 months ago.

So my wife and a couple of her friends are looking to complete the first steps in getting there ltc. Looking around the Mansfield area for some Sunday classes. Doesn’t have to be women only but would help. Definitely has to be live fire. Thx in advance.
Females only is discrimination.
As Firefighters, Police, Military frontline personnel, etc.etc & todays policies include all.
Lets play on a level non-discriminatory playing field. Seems prevailing sentiments lean that way.

Gotta play fair correct?
Good luck & Best wishes.....

Last edited:
Watch out for PM's asking for pictures or if guilty!

I am not that close to Mansfield however I do 1 on1, 2on1 classes. By appointment I do the basic LTC class in my home in a relaxed comfortable setting. I can also secdule range time after the LTC class is completed or do the NRA Basic Pistol program using two Sundays. I am located in Wilbraham MA if you would like more info please contact me you can also monitor the class if this is something you would like to do. I have specialized I woman only classes in the past. I am a retired S&W instructor and a NRA Instructor. This is a BFS Mass.LTC. Certification program.

Last edited:
Foxden Solutions in Rochester Ma. Maybe 20min from Mansfield. They are a fantastic veteran owned and operated training facility. They do customized private or group classes as well as a host of standard, skill building and defensive training classes.

Last edited:

sig academy has women only handgun 101 classes. my sister took it and said it was really good. you get a discount at the pro shop too and class include rental of firearms and ammo.

Not on a Sunday, 50 minutes from Mansfield and does not confer anything towards a MA LTC. Costs $45 (ammo fired probably costs more!) Typically have 40-50 different handguns to try in .22, .380, 9mm and .38 spl. Indoor range with one on one instruction with an NRA instructor. For RI residents, the RI Blue card test is offered to attendees.

Wallum Lake Ladies Learn to Shoot

As of now:

Saturday, September 25th shows only 2 seats available. They will put people on a wait list, need to email the contact person listed on above webpage.
Wednesday, October 13th class has 8 seats available.
Saturday, November 20th class has 15 seats available

Last edited:
sig academy has women only handgun 101 classes. my sister took it and said it was really good. you get a discount at the pro shop too and class include rental of firearms and ammo.

They offer 101(which does qualify for MA ltc), 102, 103, and Concealed Carry in woman only classes.

My wife took 101 and really enjoyed it.

For MA sanctioned LTC classes, checkout the Mansfield Fish and Game calendar - maybe contact the instructor(s) to see if something can be arranged?

You can try contacting Dennis at First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge. I know in the past he has done a womens only self defense class. My wife took part in that. She also did a BFC with him and I have done many training classes with him. Quite a large character but fun to work with.

Back
Top Bottom