• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Women on Target at Westford Sportsmen's Club, September 13

JimConway

Instructor
Neshooters, LLC and the Westford Sportsmen's Club and proud to sponsor a Woman on Target class on September 13, 2008, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm

This is a great program for women that want to find out about Firearms and includes a Home Firearm Safety course and rifle, handgun and Shotgun instruction and shooting. All materials will be furnished including lunch.
We will have a number of female instructors st the rifle, handgun and shotgun ranges. Where else will you get the opportunity to be trained by the Staff Instructors from Neshooters, LLC

The cost is only $40.00 and includes everything you will need and even lunch

To register please call GOAL at (508) 393-5333

Last edited:
I've been doing my best to spread the word, and I know 1 girl who says she's going and 10 more who say they're interested.

Do you know where the registration stands? I think the website said there is a 30 person max - is it close to being full?

WITH ALL THE GUYS ON THIS SITE WITH WIVES AND GIRL FREINDS. I WOULD LIKE TO THING=K THAT THE GOAL / NRA WOMAN ON TARGET EVENT IS GOING TO BE FILLED WITH A WAITING LIST?

BRING THEM ON DOWN. THEY WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Does anyone know if this is full yet? My girlfriend has been dragging her feet about signing up but really wants to go!

There were 15 open seats as of Monday. Call Angie at GOAL this morning to find out the updated number.

Thank you Mike. You saved me a call.
We should fill this call up to get more women involved in our sport.

I know that this will be diffficult for you guys to understand, but you better halves have the abillity to be better with a firearm than you are. If you get your better half involved in shooting, you will be amazed at how fast they learn and improve.

Last year we had a husband and wife shooting side by side in a class. At the start of the class her groups were twice the size if his.
At the end of the first day, her groups were half the size of his. That is what I call success.

I think my girlfriend already has tighter groups than me!

This class does look like a great opportunity, and looks like a lot of fun!

Members,

Lets see you all there on Saturday dropping off the wives, girlfreinds and daughters. It's going to be a great day for shooting.

GOAL, Wesford Sportsmans Club & NEShooters are looking forward to seeing you all.

Mike N.

My wife attended the WOT event held at Westford today. First off, a big thanks to GOAL, Westford Sportsmen's Club, NE Shooters, and everyone who helped run this event. She had a GREAT time and I think she's hooked. She particularly enjoyed shooting the AR15 and the large variety of handguns at the pistol range. She liked giving trap a try even though she only got two hits. She stayed and got her basic firearm safety certificate. She plans on applying for her LTC. If anyone has a wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter, or other women in their life that has the slightest interest in firearms I highly recommend signing them up for a WOT event.

My girlfriend also attended (as previously mentioned). She had a GREAT time! makes me jealous, kinda wish I got to go. Thanks to those who put it on, my hat goes off to you.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

We ran the WOT program at westford as planned. What was not planned on was the great weather and the enthusiastic ladies the attended. This was one the best groups that we have ever been priviledged to teach.
I also want to thank all of the great instructors that gave their time and knowledge so freely. They are as listed below:
Mike Nastek
Denise Dupont
Jane Conway
Bobby McEachern
Liz Coughlin
Doug Reiner (the cowboy)
Ken Maurer
Doug Robinson
Mary Beth Lewis
Sandra Abbott
Fred Lewis, and
Jeff Rosenberger who is getting into Trap faster than he expected

I would also like to thank the kitchen crew at Westford for putting up with us and providing great food

For those of that missed this even, I have great news. We are going to do it again next year

Last edited:
Jim And I along with the staff mentioned We could not have had as much success without Westford Sportsmans Club, GOAL and Jon Green behind us.
Team work at its best.

A great time had by all. The ladies were great and enjoyed there day.

Mike Nastek

My wife and one of her friends also attended, and also had a great time. She'll be applying for her LTC in the next couple of days.

I posted about this course, I just think I did it in the wrong place and have no clue how to move it here. Its titled kudos to NE Shooters & GOAL. It is the post right after this one, any suggestions? Im not to forum savy. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.
-Bobby Mac

Here it is I just copy and pasted. lol sorry!

As the newest member to the Neshooters family, I have to say yesterday just verified what an outstanding group of people and instructors the Neshooters are, and how proud I am to be a part...
Yesterday the Women on Target course was held at the Westford Sportsmans club and was sponsored by GOAL and Westford Sportsmans Club. The actual classroom work was done by, GOAL rep. Mr. John Green and Neshooter Mr. Ken Maurer. I know what an outstanding teacher Ken is, I have had him as an instructor. However I had the honor of meeting Mr. John Green for the 1st time yesterday. John is an absolute gentleman and from the feedback I received from the women in the course John is a top notch Instructor. So thank you Ken and John for your time and expertise.
The lessons outside the classroom were at the shotgun, rifle, and pistol ranges.
I was stationed at the pistol range with my favorite people in this world, by the way, also the greatest people in the world as well as 1st class instructors, Neshooters-Mr. Jim Conway, Mr. Mike Nastek, & Mrs. Denise Dupont, Cowboy Shooter-Driftwood Johnson aka. Doug Reiner, and bullseye shooter Liz Couglin
We had a great day, the women who attended were top notch women, and by the end of the day damn good shooters. On average these women were shooting in or above the 80th percentile. The entire day was an absolute success. I expected a few hiccups here and there but thanks to the staff and all the instructors the women managed to feel comfortable and gained a great deal of knowledge from shooting techinque, different types of firearms, gun parts, all the way down to the law.
I hope I am not rambling(I tend to do that), words just cannot express my gratitude to be a part of something this great!
As far as the other ranges go, I was not there however, what I heard from the women and otherwise observed however brief, I know the shotgun and rifle ranges had a day like mine. So thank you to all that staffed those ranges: Jane Conway, Ken Maurer, Doug Robinson, Mary Beth Lewis, Fred Lewis, and all the kitchen staff at the club.
I think everyone that was there yesterday deserves a huge round of applause. Thank you all again for making a great day, and of course Thank you to the Neshooters especially Jim and Mike, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be typing right now. Congrats guys! you did again!

By the way, for those of you who dont know, this was an all day affair which included a pair of shooting glasses, ear protection, a couple snack breaks, lunch, ammo, superb training, and a certificate for a LTC. all this for a whopping $ 40-.

I had a great time helping out with this event. I strongly urge everyone to volunteer for one of these events or try to get one hosted at your club. There's nothing quite like the smiling face of a new shooter when they smash a clay or ring a steel target.

I think that they should make the instructors pay next time, because I know that most of us probably had more fun than the women who paid for the day. I got to spend most of the day on the rifle range, watching women (most of whom had never held a gun before) starting out punching holes in paper with .22s and ending up with great big grins as they banged away at steel silhouettes with AR15s. I don't know whether if it'll have any impact, but one of my wife's colleagues was there loving every minute of it and repeating "Lois doesn't know what she's missing."

Ken

Ken's betrayal of Instructors

Mr. Maurer
There is an emergency meeting of all of the firearm instructors in New England to discuss your betrayal of one of our most prized secrets. You are not invited, since this will be a closed session. I suspect that this Star Chamber could be better called a "Kangaroo Court" or a "Hanging Court" Where is the "hanging judge" Roy Parker when you need him?

Now that the secret is out of the bag, we have to hold you responsible.
I suggest that you prepare yourself for the inevitable outcome.

My wife (Natalie) dropped off her LTC application on Friday. She got her ink prints done last night and is getting her picture and digital print done tomorrow! Thanks again to everyone at the WOT event for making this a reality.

For anyone who missed this one, there is another Women On Target at Auburn Sportsmans Club this coming Saturday. I believe they are doing signups through GOAL, and had openings as of Monday.

I helped out with the WOT program for the second time last Saturday. Excellent program, wonderful volunteers, nothing like safely introducing women to the other side of the gun story. I had a great time, and where were YOU, Coyote33? [wink]

WOT Westford Sportsmens Club

I signed up my wife and MIL for this class; three women from my office also attended. All had a great time, my co-workers wanted to go to another class the next weekend.

I could probably sign up another half-dozen (female) co-workers for another class...
There were also several male co-workers that would like to attend a co-ed class if available.
Thanks to the club and instructors for a great day...
Ralph

ralphs
I wil be teaching an NRA Home Firearm safety course at Westford Sportsmen's Club on Sunday, October 5, 2008 starting at 9:00 AM
The class will be coed and will include shooting
Please let me know if you are interested
My email is [email protected]

Last edited:
My wife attended the WOT event held at Westford today. ....
She stayed and got her basic firearm safety certificate. She plans on applying for her LTC.

She picked up her Class A LTC ALP license today from the Westford PD! I tried making some suggestions for her first gun. She didn't seem too interested but at least now she can pick me up ammo when she's at Walmart [wink].

Back
Top Bottom