• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Women and Guns: ABC News Report - More Women Are Giving Guns, Shooting Clubs a Shot

Great topic for my blog! Thanks for the idea!

Shooting in the cold can be very fun if you dress appropriately (layers), wear good gloves (not to thick and not slippery), and bring some hot beverages in a thermos.

Great topic for my blog! Thanks for the idea!

Shooting in the cold can be very fun if you dress appropriately (layers), wear good gloves (not to thick and not slippery), and bring some hot beverages in a thermos.

You're welcome! Send a link when you're done and I'll forward it to her. ;)

Her blood has thickened considerably since we moved to New England. Before that we lived in the desert. When it would get down to double-digits (ie 90s) she would start feeling slightly chilled. Out here tho she keeps the thermostat at 65.

But yeah she hasn't figured out the layers thing yet for outdoors.

The unfortunate and repeated references to 'assault rifles' is annoying, and the lack of fact-checking the statements by gun control advocates is offensive.

Not a bad article, but those 'facts' by the Women Against Gun Violence rep are almost as bad as the politicians who tell women who carry guns that doing so only assures they will be raped and then killed instead of 'only' raped. By her reckoning, if we back out the statistics, firearms are used for legal self-defense only 2,000 times a year.

More women getting into guns... GOOD. I really do feel they are one of the keys to winning this debate. Anti gun folks HATE that non whites and women also dig guns. It makes me hate that I fit their stereo type, a fat, white male.

They are losing the argument, every time a woman wants to protect her cubs, or a person of color decides to not depend on the police to protect them from thugs of all races.

"For every time a gun is fired in self defense, there are four accidental shootings, there are seven homicides or assaults and 11 attempted or successful suicides," Saffian said.

I can't believe that this is true.

My wife & I just returned from our first official trip to the range. She bought us an LTC course for our anniversary and we just joined a local club. We need practice but I'm glad she's enthused about going!

It was from ABC... did you expect anything else....

Unrelated, but my second M&P Shield came in and at first the wife said "Why....!"
After seeing this clip she said "Can we make the slide pink"
Whatever I can do to get her to carry it I guess.

The unfortunate and repeated references to 'assault rifles' is annoying, and the lack of fact-checking the statements by gun control advocates is offensive.

Not a bad article, but those 'facts' by the Women Against Gun Violence rep are almost as bad as the politicians who tell women who carry guns that doing so only assures they will be raped and then killed instead of 'only' raped. By her reckoning, if we back out the statistics, firearms are used for legal self-defense only 2,000 times a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom