• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Women allowed in the Infantry now.....

I welcome them; but, their PT test better be the god-damn same and every male should get a three strike rule on EO complaints... we need time to adjust.

They want to be equal, than it's time to do it for real. Same standards across the boards.

Unlike the current BS standards they get to squeak by on. Just remember .mil you reap what you sew.

3 strike rule only for men? On my deployment it was the females that were attached with us who were the cause of the most EO complaints (or lack thereof because guys were to afraid to say anything out of fear for their careers). It has to be equal on both sides.

They forget the job of the military is to win our nations wars, and not to be a place for social experimentation. Let women play in the NFL and a few games are lost. Let women serve in the infantry and lives are lost.

I know one or two army girls that could hang. Probably beat a lot of us in an arm wrestling match. But can't wait to see how the first batch of females down on Sand Hill handle that final ruck march. 12 miles my ASSSSSSSSSSS. We doubled back so many times we lost count. BUT PMCS on 1SG' Humvee the following day showed us we did at least 17.... And that Humvee didn't have to double back, just wait for the company to file past. we had to have broken 22 miles that night. Non stop from 9pm to well past sunrise. Going to be a lot of broken girls down at the TMC after.

I know one or two army girls that could hang. Probably beat a lot of us in an arm wrestling match. But can't wait to see how the first batch of females down on Sand Hill handle that final ruck march. 12 miles my ASSSSSSSSSSS. We doubled back so many times we lost count. BUT PMCS on 1SG' Humvee the following day showed us we did at least 17.... And that Humvee didn't have to double back, just wait for the company to file past. we had to have broken 22 miles that night. Non stop from 9pm to well past sunrise. Going to be a lot of broken girls down at the TMC after.

And think of the money spent trying to find those few exceptions that could make it by today's standards. Though, we know those standards will now be lowered.

So long as the physical standards are uniform and the training is the same, I think there are plenty who would give even Dench a run for his money.

There are no rules prohibiting women from playing the NFL today. Just none have made the cut.

Besides, hasn't the Russian army had women in combat roles for over half a century, or is that just something made up to get a romantic interest put into the movie "Enemy at the Gates".

Oh no, I completely agree this is going to end bad. Lots of broken females, lots of grunts losing rank, lots of drill sgts losing their jobs... And a female still won't ever hit the front line in an infantry platoon.

I remember that night at the end of FTX. Yeah 12 miles my azz is correct. One of the hardest things I did and I was in great shape by then. I couldn't feel my legs from the knees down and must have twisted my ankles a few times each by the end. We lost a couple more guys from that road march and I remember falling one time and seeing Drill Sgt. Bales standing over me (God bless that mother F***ing @hole) saying "You want a ride Private ******? You quitting on me?"

Out of 50 something guys, we lost 18 during training for whatever reason. I kept getting injured and was training despite a profile at the end so I could get the F out of there. No way was I getting recycled. I seriously hope the Army maintains the standard for everyone. I'm sure there are some women that can hack it, but I don't think it will be as many as they think.

The biggest problem with it in my opinion is that on top of all the crap the troops have to worry about (snipers, gear, IEDs, ambushes, trying to get an hour sleep before patrol) now they are going to be thinking about if their teammate is wearing a thong or standard Army brown skivies. It is a needless distraction and will also destroy a unit's morale when you get a teenaged girl banging her way through the unit. "Screw you man, she is with me! I love her, back off!" It happens.

This is not the place for a social experiment. There is also not a shortage of stupid kids looking to join the Infantry, so it is pointless.

So long as the physical standards are uniform and the training is the same, I think there are plenty who would give even Dench a run for his money.

There are no rules prohibiting women from playing the NFL today. Just none have made the cut.

Besides, hasn't the Russian army had women in combat roles for over half a century, or is that just something made up to get a romantic interest put into the movie "Enemy at the Gates".

First women drop out of Marines' infantry training
Second Female Marine Fails Grueling Infantry Officer Course : The Two-Way : NPR

They tried it. Women don't have the bodies to do it.

Now we will be faced with 11B's getting pregnant 1 month before deployment.

I predict women Infantry will be getting bussed to the rear once a week for showers during ops,final roadmarch in Benning to be 2 miles and all kinds of other modifications to that particular MOS.Not too mention cries of rape and sexual harassment.

There were female sniper units, pilots and women has served in other units as well, but that was during WWII, there were a lot of kids (literally) and really old men fighting too, those were extenuating circumstances. It's not like that anymore.

Not a good idea. Let women occupy the roles they can handle. Had several very good and capable women that I taught to fly a helicopter. My only worry was how they could handle escape and evasion were it to become necessary. Infantry? Not a chance.

Is this more idiotic political correctness at play?

female-marines-demotivational-poster-1248999676.jpg

Can you picture a female humping an M240 for any distance in body armor, in rough terrain, in the heat? Anyother problem is with the unit "stud" offering to help them with everything in hopes of getting some.

The truth be known a lot of males cannot meet basic APFT standards today in basic training or even pass an enlistment physical, so don't get all macho guys. I don't think that the traditional three even PT test that the Army has given since 1980 is a good predictor of physical fitness in combat, I don't know much about the new APFT.

There is a considerable amount of cultural and gender prejudice against the idea of women in combat, yet paradoxically comics, and cinema are full of leather and armor clad "warrior women" (think Red Sonja or Wonder Woman) who only fuel male libidos. In reality, in the era of non-linear threats, women are in combat, and have come back in body bags, something I thought the American people would never accept (I suppose that as long as it is not their Muffy or Buffy and they can keep going to the mall, if doesn't matter). There are many roles that women can fill in the armed forces, and do every day, and do exceptionally well, they can fight if they have to, but so can any combat support or combat service support soldier if pressed into action. These are not trained infantry, however.

Whatever physical standards for males in combat units are required, then they must be identical for females, no exceptions. Cultural prejudices however will remain. I'm not really sure if this is a good idea, but it's going to happen. There was a time when blacks were said not to be good combat soldiers, and that homosexuals couldn't openly serve. Let's let time and experience see how this plays out, and like it or not the US military is a test bed for social change and has been since WWII.

The truth be known a lot of males cannot meet basic APFT standards today in basic training or even pass an enlistment physical, so don't get all macho guys. I don't think that the traditional three even PT test that the Army has given since 1980 is a good predictor of physical fitness in combat, I don't know much about the new APFT.

I agree that there are some bad male soldiers. Most of my time in the military was as an infantryman, but in my military twilight years I've moved into softer roles and have worked with females. I really haven't met one that could even compare to a mediocre make soldier. Some could shoot, some could PT, some could handle hard work and work conditions, but not that were ok in all necessary areas.

All soldiers can find themselves in a combat situation, but in the infantry even not in active combat, the work demands and conditions are something the majority of females couldn't handle. How much resources should we expend to find the few exceptions just so we can "feel good" as an equal opportunity employer?

There is a considerable amount of cultural and gender prejudice against the idea of women in combat, yet paradoxically comics, and cinema are full of leather and armor clad "warrior women" (think Red Sonja or Wonder Woman) who only fuel male libidos. In reality, in the era of non-linear threats, women are in combat, and have come back in body bags, something I thought the American people would never accept (I suppose that as long as it is not their Muffy or Buffy and they can keep going to the mall, if doesn't matter). There are many roles that women can fill in the armed forces, and do every day, and do exceptionally well, they can fight if they have to, but so can any combat support or combat service support soldier if pressed into action. These are not trained infantry, however.

It's not about women being in combat. It's about women being in the infantry.

Back
Top Bottom