woman was robbed this am at market basket

They put a nice big supermarket in one of the shittiest parts of this city.. I can't believe nobody helped her.. If this was a Thursday, I would have been there at this exact time... I wish someone would try to knock me down, and steal my puirse.. Little dirtballs..
A. SulymaBarbara BordenNEW BEDFORD – Police are searching for a man who snatched a purse from a shopper at the Coggeshall Street Market Basket this morning.

A 58-year-old Fairhaven woman had her purse ripped from her hands and was knocked down to the ground around 8:45 a.m., according to the woman's son-in-law, Ed Pacheco.

The woman was near the dairy section of the store when a man, whom Pacheco said had been following his mother-in-law as she shopped, grabbed her purse, knocked her to the ground and ran out of the store.

Several people pursued the suspect, who yelled for people to “stay back.” The man, once out of the store, entered a white Chevrolet Malibu, which sped off. That car, said Pacheco, was driven by a woman.

“We're hoping it wasn't a stolen vehicle. That would make it easier to bring this guy in,” said Pacheco, a Dartmouth resident.

Pacheco said his mother-in-law would likely have bruised knees from being knocked over by the alleged robber, but did not go to the hospital.

He said his mother-in-law is spending the remainder of the morning trying to freeze the different accounts of her bank and credit cards and trying to gather documentation to replace her forms of identification that were in the purse.

He described the victim as being “very shaken.” He described the alleged robber as “very tall, slender, and fast.”

“This is outrageous,” said Pacheco. “A person can't go out to the grocery store without being accosted…it's pathetic.”

It's New Bedford... Right next to the Ghetto... nuff said.

Weird tho. I was at Kylers arond that time.

Last edited:
Ghetto Basket, more for your dollar....

Last edited by a moderator:
Several people pursued the suspect, who yelled for people to “stay back.” The man, once out of the store, entered a white Chevrolet Malibu, which sped off.

I don't know what happened here but I know someone that had her purse stolen in the bathroom at Miami International airport--in the "secure" area. When the purse disappeared there were two ladies that helped her look for it. Of course it was never found and the police suspected the "helpers" were working with the thief to delay her persuit. Something to consider in the mayhem of a crime--trust no one.

My wife sent this info to me in an email earlier today....she hates going to the "Basket" I like it....great prices and they carry alot of stuff. Like I told her, this whole thing could have been avoided with a little situational awareness....too many people don't pay attention to anything around them. My wife is the same way, I keep trying to get her to listen to me, maybe now she will....I won't always be around when she is out to ward off the Kooks and Psychos...I told her again today, the words that stick in my mind, "Head on a Swivel and Watch Your Six"...words to live by and words that can keep you out of situations like this.......The one she really liked was Don't be a Sheep, be a Sheepdog and scare off the wolves!!!! Forgot where i saw that one...

You know, I've been trying to get my fiancee to learn to shoot... I'm going to send her this.

Too bad it isn't something worse. (that wasn't too selfish, right?)

I came out of that MB last Sat to grab a birthday cake and had some mess ask me for a smoke and follow me 1/2 way to my car didnt like it one bit.

Before reading the story I figured it was going to be in the parking lot, not in the actual store. That's just terrible.

The cost savings is higher then $10per $100, which still isn't that bad at 10%. Then again getting mugged, hurt or even illed costs a lot more. I hate going to that store with my wife. Yet, the more times she goes there alone and tells me about the people who try to talk with her makes me reconsider not going with her.

I am usually there alone early in the morning, and have never had any issues with skeevy people. I will not go there at night, or on a weekend though. I am so disgusted.. I hate little punks like this..

I've seen a duty cop there on the weekends in the past. Bet they bring him back as a attempt to be a deterrent.
Yeah, they have one of those at the MB in somerville, those guys are so large, they aren't going to catch someone that's running. I really don't see the point.

Yeah, they have one of those at the MB in somerville, those guys are so large, they aren't going to catch someone that's running. I really don't see the point.

demotivational-posters-fat-cops.jpg

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110413/NEWS/110419969/1018/OPINION

Color me shocked. I'm begging to re-think shopping there just to safe $5-10 bucks off a $100 in groceries...

Only other grocery store I'm willing to go to near me is a Shaws. MB saves me more than $5 or $10 over Shaws. I could go to Price Chopper but that's in Webster...no thanks.

Interestingly, I see folks carrying (I suspect) in my Market Basket all the time. Last Sunday took the cake. The guy had on a concealed carry vest with all the pockets, Beretta Polo shirt, and 5.11 hat. I was looking for the CCW sash. Although, there are days where I'm probably about as subtle.

You gotta love the beauties that sit between the 2 ramps collecting money from anyone who feels bad for them. I work right down the street from the Market Basket and yes it is a nice market in a shitty area. The only thing I like about the area is Antonio's!!

You can't build nice things in the ghetto. It's always going to be a ghetto, and it's only going to grow larger. It's like the multi billion dollar project to build up United Front. Dealers and gangs have to get upgrades I guess. And the big sign out front says sponsored by Barack Obama.

I know the lady whos purse was stolen personally... guess what her first thought was after that... Where do I go to get my LTC LOL.... I have talked to her since then and we now have at least two more ladies getting ready to CCW.

I know the lady whos purse was stolen personally... guess what her first thought was after that... Where do I go to get my LTC LOL.... I have talked to her since then and we now have at least two more ladies getting ready to CCW.

+1.. I'm glad the little shithead didn't really hurt her..

Back
Top Bottom