• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

woman was robbed this am at market basket

NFD... you gotta be shitting me, Im about a mile from there.. PM me and we will do lunch one day!!....

THIS is why we need to blow up all the bridges that lead from NB to Fhvn..... :eek:)

NFD... you gotta be shitting me, Im about a mile from there.. PM me and we will do lunch one day!!....

THIS is why we need to blow up all the bridges that lead from NB to Fhvn..... :eek:)

Well the Coggashall is ready to fall in anyway. I'm over in Acushnet. We need a NES meet once a week to do our grocery shopping. You, me, JennLynn. Cover each other while we shop.

You can plan some good IDPA stages from there. It's a target rich enviroment.
1 no shoot / 3 targets, two shots each, reload as necessary.........BEEEEP!!! [laugh]

I know the lady whos purse was stolen personally... guess what her first thought was after that... Where do I go to get my LTC LOL.... I have talked to her since then and we now have at least two more ladies getting ready to CCW.

I'm doing a class in Fall River this Saturday with four other females. If they're interested have them send an e-mail to [email protected]

Then how can you come over and watch us put out fires?[/QUOTE]

I like to watch professionals... so ya.. we need the Bridges... its the only way to get to Fall River to see fires.

Before even clicking on the post I had a feeling it was the market basket in New Bedford.[thinking] I need to tell my mom about this because she likes to shop there because you can save almost 20% over Stop and Shop.

It's like the gas station near there that is right next to the ghetto. The one across from Sunoco. Yea you might save 3 cents a gallon, and the gas comes from junkyard cars, but many people I know don't want to weigh the risk of getting shanked to go there. There has also been a string of crimes committed there. A dressed up pos is still a pos. Don't be fooled by low prices, you are just going to attract lower forms of human beings.

It's like the gas station near there that is right next to the ghetto. The one across from Sunoco. Yea you might save 3 cents a gallon, and the gas comes from junkyard cars, but many people I know don't want to weigh the risk of getting shanked to go there. There has also been a string of crimes committed there. A dressed up pos is still a pos. Don't be fooled by low prices, you are just going to attract lower forms of human beings.

Bottom Feeders

I've seen a duty cop there on the weekends in the past. Bet they bring him back as a attempt to be a deterrent.

If I see a cop hanging out at a grocery store running a detail, that's a pretty good sign I'm in the wrong neighborhood.

-Mike

the only reason I go to Ghetto Basket anymore is because they seem to be the only grocery store that carries "Squirt" soda anymore. That's all I buy there...

i dont like market basket because its always a charlie foxtrot... [laugh]

i'll clip my coupons / use my stop & shop card [rofl]

well, I was just discussing with my husband how at least "I" don't look like a target.. He kind of laughed, and told me I look exactly like an easy target..[hmmm] Anyway, I was shocked, but I shouldn't be, not in a city that has police officers assigned to the middle schools..

when i lived in Lowell, we lived literally down the street from a Ghetto Basket - the one nearest the Acre. Anyway, I told my wife never to shop there, even in the daylight - the place was infested with walkers day and night. You heard stories of muggings and attacks - typically on the elderly - a LOT.

I know the lady whos purse was stolen personally... guess what her first thought was after that... Where do I go to get my LTC LOL.... I have talked to her since then and we now have at least two more ladies getting ready to CCW.

Not that I'm against anybody getting their LTC - but what would that have done for this woman? She probably would have had her pistol in the purse - and that would have been gone too. When she reported that to the police - she might be danger of losing the LTC (this is MA - they will use anything as a reason).

Like one of the previous posters said: people need to pay attention. I constantly keep my head on a swivel no matter where I am. The SO is constantly complaining that I am checking out other women - which I fully admit to - but I am also paying attention to what goes on around me. A number of years ago we were in Atlantic City - she decided she wanted to walk out onto one of the piers and take a look at the ocean. We were there for probably 15 minutes when I looked around and saw three kids acting quite strangely off to one side - and about 300 feet away from us. This was a weekday - and there was like NOBODY else around. I told her we are out of here - and walked diagonally across the pier towards the opposite side to get away from them. I kept my eye on them the whole time - and they were acting like they were going to come towards us I just stared directly at them and they backed off. Other times in accidents I have gotten into arguments with people as they try to blame me for an accident they caused - I have never failed to have any of them back down once I recount chapter and verse to them what they did wrong - following up with "Now STFU and pull out your papers a-hole".

Pay attention - it's worth more than an LTC.

If I see a cop hanging out at a grocery store running a detail, that's a pretty good sign I'm in the wrong neighborhood.

-Mike

The Shaw's at Webster Sq Plaza in Worcester always has a cop. Then again, you might be right [laugh]

I have a love/hate relationship with Market Basket. It's so gosh-dang cheap, and they always have good fresh veggies, but otherwise the store skeevs me out.

Indeed, your best defense is your mind and observational skills. Im not a tremendous fan of crowds, so if I go to a festival or concert, Im usually rocking sunglasses, watching everyone, watching their hands in particular. I've been accused of checking out women...well yeah, but am also watching the crowd.

Like one of the previous posters said: people need to pay attention. I constantly keep my head on a swivel no matter where I am. The SO is constantly complaining that I am checking out other women - which I fully admit to - but I am also paying attention to what goes on around me. Pay attention - it's worth more than an LTC.

Indeed, your best defense is your mind and observational skills. Im not a tremendous fan of crowds, so if I go to a festival or concert, Im usually rocking sunglasses, watching everyone, watching their hands in particular. I've been accused of checking out women...well yeah, but am also watching the crowd.
My fiancee used to try to call me on checking out women, so I'd just ask her if she noticed details such as - then rattle off a few things happening around us that she never noticed. She doesn't ask anymore, I only worry when I'm not with her. She's great, but like every other urbanite- not very observant.

Every store I go in, I see many, many purses in shopping carts, usually with the top unzipped and FREQUENTLY with the owner 10'+ away from the cart! This is in Costco, China Mart, Shaw's, Stop & Shop, Big Y, etc.

One day a number of years ago I'm in Shaw's and see a woman with her purse hung cross-body and I chuckled to myself that she had to be a cop's wife. She looked somewhat familiar but I was out of town and couldn't place her until later. Later on I realized that she was my chief's Wife!

Situational awareness is everything. It's hard to grab 'n run when the purse is cross-body . . . but easy as pie when it's hung on one side and easier yet when you leave it in your cart and walk away! [thinking]

I shop at whole foods in Hingham. I don't think the subaru driving lesbians would try and roll me. But then again, you never know.

So I carry anyways.

But, I have to ask... what the hell good would a CCW have done in that particular situation? Then the perp would have had himself a sweet new piece to go along with the cash and cards![rolleyes] It's all about situational awareness, and keeping a gun in your purse will not fix that!

We had our dog at the park, playing in the enclosure. A group of teenagers came in with their dogs, all pit bulls. Mind you, I have a cane corso mastiff mix - so Im not into breed discrimination, but already, I knew thi was bad. I looked the kids over, was pleasant enough, grabbed our stuff, shuttled off to the truck.

My wife was in the middle of telling me I was being rude, that we were only there 20 minutes.... when a cruiser and 3 unmarked Crown Vics showed up - I didn't stay long enough to watch the fun, but asked my wife if she noticed a very prominent gang tattoo on one of the young men's neck, which looked exactly like the tattoos on the shoulders and forearms of the other 2...oh and that one of them was clearly Mexican carrying a gun in his shorts ( I could see the butt of a revolver,I don't think he cared).

She was very quiet after that. I HATE being like that, but when its obvious....

My fiancee used to try to call me on checking out women, so I'd just ask her if she noticed details such as - then rattle off a few things happening around us that she never noticed. She doesn't ask anymore, I only worry when I'm not with her. She's great, but like every other urbanite- not very observant.

Back
Top Bottom