Woman Survives 6 Shots to the Head

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Link

SAO PAULO, Brazil --A woman was released from the hospital a day after she was shot in the head six times in an attack police blamed on her ex-husband, Brazilian media reported Saturday.

Patricia Goncalves Pereira, a 21-year-old housewife, was shot Friday after an altercation with her ex-husband, who was upset because she refused to get back together with him, Globo TV reported.

"I know this was a miracle," Pereira told the TV network. "Now I just want to extract the bullets and live my life."

Doctors could not explain how Pereira survived the attack. The .32-caliber bullets didn't break through her skull and didn't even need to be immediately extracted, doctors said. Pereira also was shot once in the hand.

Police said the ex-husband was still at large, Globo TV reported

This story is for the people that carry a .32 ACP and claim it's enough gun because "it's all about shot placement". Well folks, you can't place 'em any better - 6 to the noggin and she was released THE NEXT DAY!

P.S. - Geeze, I wonder why she didn't want to get back together with the guy?

Last edited:
"Doctors could not explain how Pereira survived the attack. The .32-caliber bullets didn't break through her skull and didn't even need to be immediately extracted"

Bad powder???? Faulty ammo? This guy should either exchange the ammo for better stuff or return it for a refund. What was that company in Maine that sold bad ammo? Maybe he got it there.

"Doctors could not explain how Pereira survived the attack. The .32-caliber bullets didn't break through her skull and didn't even need to be immediately extracted"

That appears to be THE explanation. How is it the doctors could not grasp the obvious?

well apparently their problems stem from her thick headedness.

Ok... I know that was bad... you may start with the "boos and hisses" now.

Good grief, what was this guy shooting, an Airsoft gun??? How the hell does 6 rounds of .32 NOT go through the skull?

The husband called the ammo company to complain about the lack of penetration and they told him it was because he was limp-wristing.

It isn't just .32 ACP that's that anemic, either. I've also heard of cases of
.38 SPL and .380 ACP that also didn't penetrate the skull. There have
even been cases of suicide type contact shots that didn't kill the
person. Course, there are no guarantees. I've also heard of at
least one incident where an officer's leg, near his ankle, was seriously
chewed up by .32 ACP. (he was shot by the perp while coming down a
stairway) Maybe it depends on the bullet type and loading. (eg lead
vs FMJ, etc). Maybe the skull is harder than leg bone. Who knows.
I've heard rumors that some special teams (eg SEALS, etc) aim for the left
eye whenever possible for precisely this reason... as theres no bone there to stop
or divert the bullet. Of course that could all be mall commando BS, but it sounds at
least halfway reasonable to me. mushy stuff = better brain access for the bullet.

-Mike

EddieCoyle said:
This story is for the people that carry a .32 ACP and claim it's enough gun because "it's all about shot placement". Well folks, you can't place 'em any better - 6 to the noggin and she was released THE NEXT DAY!

I'll bet center of mass would have done more damage. I will agree that .32 does not have the knockdown power of something larger, but is much better than no gun at all. Several silvertips to the chest will give anyone pause to reconsider their actions...

Back
Top Bottom