Woman-shot-after-mans-gun-accidentally-discharges-ohio

Never? Or only sometimes never?

Why should he lose his right to carry or own a gun just because he made a mistake? Nobody died. How about just letting nature takes its course and weed out the idiots along the way, while minding our own business.
So if you have ever done anything stupid you should be stripped of the right to self defense?

Making a "mistake" or "doing something stupid" is a non sequitur in both cases. With a firearm there is a steadfast rule; you never point your firearm in the direction where if it went off it would hit someone. There is no wiggle room with that dogma no matter how much you don't like what I stated. An unthinking, unconcerned, untrained individual like the person in the video could potentially kill me, you, your loved one, a friend an on and on. There could not be a more clear example of someone who should never be allowed to own a firearm than this individual in the video.

Making a "mistake" or "doing something stupid" is a non sequitur in both cases. With a firearm there is a steadfast rule; you never point your firearm in the direction where if it went off it would hit someone. There is no wiggle room with that dogma no matter how much you don't like what I stated. An unthinking, unconcerned, untrained individual like the person in the video could potentially kill me, you, your loved one, a friend an on and on. There could not be a more clear example of someone who should never be allowed to own a firearm than this individual in the video.
yawn

Is Glock the only pistol that makes you pull the trigger before you can field strip it?
I think this is most striker fired pistols, but I’ve certainly not handled all of them.
It's the hotshots who bring their girlfriends to the range who have never handled a firearm in their lives and the guys think it would be funny to hand em a .45 1911. They get surprised after the first shot and finger is still on the trigger but the gun is now being waved around towards where it shouldn't.
This is why any time I take new person shooting, rifle or pistol, they get one round in the weapon at a time until they’re comfortable.

I think this is most striker fired pistols, but I’ve certainly not handled all of them.

This is why any time I take new person shooting, rifle or pistol, they get one round in the weapon at a time until they’re comfortable.
As far as I remember, my VP9 doesn't need to be pulled to strip.

Classic, glaring example of why you NEVER point a weapon at anyone.

Ask the dead women's husband if good ole Alex should ever own/touch another firearm. Don't think he would say anything other than NEVER vs. he just "made a mistake" or "did something stupid"and give him another gun.

Ask the dead women's husband if good ole Alex should ever own/touch another firearm. Don't think he would say anything other than NEVER vs. he just "made a mistake" or "did something stupid"and give him another gun.

so do we ban anyone who has ever swept someone with a firearm from ever using a firearm? I mean that would rule out all law enforcement and military.

It's the hotshots who bring their girlfriends to the range who have never handled a firearm in their lives and the guys think it would be funny to hand em a .45 1911. They get surprised after the first shot and finger is still on the trigger but the gun is now being waved around towards where it shouldn't.
1911 ? I had some college aged operators do the same with an AR at a Southeastern MA indoor range that is prone to suicides. The operators girlfriends thought the sporting rifle was a toy, even after they witnessed the operators shoot a mag full! One and done at this place.

so do we ban anyone who has ever swept someone with a firearm from ever using a firearm? I mean that would rule out all law enforcement and military.
Great question Bohog 👍 Again, with all due respect, your not comparing like with like. Shooting and wounding/killing someone is not the same as "sweeping". Imho, anyone on the firing range caught sweeping by the range captain should be called off line. Then mandated to take say a half hour course and pass a written test before being let back on.
There was an example in Eugene Sledge's book, With the Old Breed, where the Range Captain at the marine pistol range, who was a buck Sargent, saw a newboot lieutenant doing something similar as "sweeping". This old timer bent down, grabbed a handful of dirt and threw it in his face. That got the message across back in the day where friendly fire killed about 18% of soldiers in WW2. That was about 78,000 out of 420,000 deaths.

I cannot disagree harder if I tried. Have you ever been a driver in a car accident? Should we then lose our right to drive? This really is no different except how we get there. Humans are prone to making mistakes, some more than others.

Should stupid be painful, absolutely. Should it be an albatross around our necks for the rest of our lives, absolutely not.

I’ve pointed my guns at people more times than I care to remember, on purpose, with the full intent of shooting them if they did not back down, does that disqualify me now from your Day 01 safety course lecture? Does it make me evil or dumb or dangerous? It does not.

Let’s not put ourselves on such a high pedestal that we’re not allowed to make mistakes in life, hopefully learn from them, and everybody else is none the wiser as we all try to successfully navigate this f***ed up world.

You, me, nor anybody else has that right over other folks safety, life, or the pursuit of either and neither should we want it. Life is hard and sometimes dangerous, just comes with the territory. Spare the emotions and foot stomping just because someone else is an idiot.

I cannot disagree harder if I tried. Have you ever been in a driver in a car accident? Should we then lose our right to drive? This really is no different except how we get there. Humans are prone to making mistakes, some more than others.

Should stupid be painful, absolutely. Should it be an albatross around our necks for the rest of our lives, absolutely not.

I’ve pointed my guns at people more times than I care to remember, on purpose, with the full intent of shooting them if they did not back down, does that disqualify me now from your Day 01 safety course lecture? Does it make me evil or dumb or dangerous? It does not.

Let’s not put ourselves on such a high pedestal that we’re not allowed to make mistakes in life, hopefully learn from them, and everybody else is none the wiser as we all try to successfully navigate this f***ed up world.

You, me, nor anybody else has that right over other folks safety, life, or the pursuit of either and neither should we want it. Life is hard and sometimes dangerous, just comes with the territory. Spare the emotions and foot stomping just because someone else is an idiot.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" - Plato

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture" - Thomas Paine

Just the blatant stupidity is beyond comprehension to me. You NEVER POINT A WEAPON IN THE DIRECTION OF A HUMAN INCLUDING YOURSELF. THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY STRIPED OF HIS RIGHT TO OWN A WEAPON ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET!!
This dumb attitude of you thinking you get to be the arbiter of someone's right to own a gun is why Ohio's gun laws are good and why Mass's gun laws are shit.

While it might be a good idea, it's not the range's responsibility to install a device like that. It's always the responsibility of the person handling the firearm to know what he or she is doing and doing it safely.

I don't know if Glock is the only pistol that requires pulling the trigger or not. One of the things I like about my MC1sc is that it doesn't require a trigger pull to field strip the gun.

Is Glock the only pistol that makes you pull the trigger before you can field strip it? In some police stations they have special chutes you're supposed to point the gun at even after you're triple and quadruple sure it's unloaded and clear. The range could have easily installed something like that. Still doesn't help if the operator is a retard though. Anyone else besides me put on a III-A vest when you go to a public range?

Alec Baldwin and anyone in the film industry aren't gonna take the fall for it. Clearly it's the fault of the gun and ammo industry

Blahahhahahahahaa. Dude, your a danger to freedom and liberty

People are gonna make mistakes just the nature of our kind. Better the dumbass lessons happen before you touch your first real gun. I had my first and only ND when I was 11 playing with an airsoft springer Beretta, think it was a UHC M9. Admiring the Beretta looks while doing number 2 and shot a 6mm plastic ball right at my big toe nail. Trigger discipline learned that day lol

Blahahhahahahahaa. Dude, your a danger to freedom and liberty
Unlike some, I would/will fight to the death with my weapon(s) to defend your right to free speech and criticize me in any manor you see fit against me. I do have a challenge if your so inclined: what would be your suggestion as to the consequences the offending individual should face? Are you happy with just the offer of a safety course? Would you ever invite the person to your family/friends outdoor gathering and go shooting with him?

Unlike some, I would/will fight to the death with my weapon(s) to defend your right to free speech and criticize me in any manor you see fit against me. I do have a challenge if your so inclined: what would be your suggestion as to the consequences the offending individual should face? Are you happy with just the offer of a safety course? Would you ever invite the person to your family/friends outdoor gathering and go shooting with him?
NONE ! The person was known to the idiot and declined to press charges ..END of f***ing story. Yes, I would invite that dude to the range.
He needs to be thought over again from step 1.

If you want to have a coherent thought about this, you have to distinguish consequences of safety violations from consequences of the outcomes of safety violations. A safety violation in and of itself normally carries somewhat corrective consequences precisely because nothing bad happened. Hence the example of the person who sweeps someone else at the range. If the outcome of the safety violation is that nobody got hurt, then some corrective action is taken. The mistake is ultimately one of awareness. But the reason we care about sweeping in the first place is because somebody might get shot. That's a potential outcome of a safety violation, and if the sweeper causes that outcome, then nobody cares anymore about the corrective consequences for the safety violation. They care about the consequences for the tragic outcome that the safety violation caused.

Baldwin killed somebody. New Mexico has a law specifically about killing someone by way of negligence with a firearm. The mistake Baldwin actually made was a safety violation. The outcome of his safety violation is what makes charging him appropriate, not the safety violation per se. In this case, the outcome was an injury to himself and to a relative. If the relative doesn't want to press charges against him, then as long as the DA doesn't want to pursue anything on his own, he's legally off the hook, regardless of what the good captain would prefer. If Hutchins hadn't died, the NM involuntary manslaughter law wouldn't apply, and perhaps she, too, would have had an opportunity to effectively waive off prosecution on any lesser charges that might apply. But she did die, and if Baldwin is ever prosecuted, that's what he will be prosecuted for.

A few of your posts kind of reminded me of my girlfriends ex husband and an experience I had. We became friends, odd but whatever.

About 2 years ago he became a new gun owner and shortly after bought his first AR and under my supervision he became familiar with its functions and gun safety and then I drove home safety first a million times more and then some.

He called me up one day and asked me to come over and help him mount a new scope on it. He goes to his safe and brings it out to the kitchen and places it on the kitchen table right next to his 9 year old son. He tells me it’s “Clear”

I pick the rifle up and and step away from the table and point the rifle away from everyone and rack it to make sure it’s actually “Clear” and of course a round comes flying out. I was bullshit and he was horrified. A million things were running through my mind and I took a deep breath and we had about a 20 minute conversation about it and moved on.

Point is he made a potentially life changing mistake for not only himself, but me and his 9 year old son as well. Since then he has multiple new firearms and we have been to the range several times with his 9 year old and not a single time has anything been unsafe.

People make mistakes but some can learn from them.

Never? Or only sometimes never?

Why should he lose his right to carry or own a gun just because he made a mistake? Nobody died. How about just letting nature takes its course and weed out the idiots along the way, while minding our own business.
Don't waste your time. He is a prime example of someone that cannot handle the aspect of true freedom.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" - Plato

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture" - Thomas Paine
What the hell does this even mean? You can’t answer the questions with any source of legitimacy or personal experience so you post something by a couple guys who’ve been dead over 200 years that literally has nothing to do with the topic. Makes perfect sense now.

Please step back and re-evaluate your desire to permanently disarm a citizen for a mistake that didn’t affect your life in the least.

What the hell does this even mean? You can’t answer the questions with any source of legitimacy or personal experience so you post something by a couple guys who’ve been dead over 200 years that literally has nothing to do with the topic. Makes perfect sense now.

Please step back and re-evaluate your desire to permanently disarm a citizen for a mistake that didn’t affect your life in the least.

Fallacious ad hominem arguments​

This type of argument can be fallacious for a number of reasons, including, most notably, the following:

• The ad hominem attack is irrelevant to the discussion.
  • The ad hominem attack is used as primarily as a diversion tactic, either to unjustifiably shift the burden of proof to someone else in the discussion or to change the topic.
  • The ad hominem attack involves the faulty premise that an attack against the source of an argument necessarily constitutes a successful refutation of that argument.

Abusive fallacy (abusive ad hominem)​

The abusive fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when an argument attacks a person in a direct and abusive manner, instead of addressing the point that they are trying to make.

NONE ! The person was known to the idiot and declined to press charges ..END of f***ing story. Yes, I would invite that dude to the range.
He needs to be thought over again from step 1.
Ok great. If you feel comfortable with that clown with your loved ones and him shooting guns around them, go at it. However, I have a right to express my opinion that if I was able to enforce the punishment, that person forfeited his right to own a weapon by performing such a dangerous act. Just my opinion. It means nothing in the real world since I am not in charge. However its ironic that I'm called a dictator for simply voicing my opinion on a chat forum designed to share views yet you seem to give this guy the right to have a gun no matter what under any conditions. Guess the First amendment is just for certain people?

Ok great. If you feel comfortable with that clown with your loved ones and him shooting guns around them, go at it. However, I have a right to express my opinion that if I was able to enforce the punishment, that person forfeited his right to own a weapon by performing such a dangerous act. Just my opinion. It means nothing in the real world since I am not in charge. However its ironic that I'm called a dictator for simply voicing my opinion on a chat forum designed to share views yet you seem to give this guy the right to have a gun no matter what under any conditions. Guess the First amendment is just for certain people?
Thank f***ing God

The first amendment has NOTHING to do with anything on this forum you f***ing twatwaffle. The 1a keeps the government from interfering with free speech.......nes isn't the government its q private entity that you choose to be part of......or not. It's why Facebook can delete posts and censor people at will.

Back
Top Bottom