Woman-shot-after-mans-gun-accidentally-discharges-ohio

The man and woman are related, and police said the woman declined to pursue any charges in the case.

The shooting range has offered both of them complimentary firearms safety classes.
Happy ending.

Would have been different in MA of course

Is Glock the only pistol that makes you pull the trigger before you can field strip it? In some police stations they have special chutes you're supposed to point the gun at even after you're triple and quadruple sure it's unloaded and clear. The range could have easily installed something like that. Still doesn't help if the operator is a retard though. Anyone else besides me put on a III-A vest when you go to a public range?

Is Glock the only pistol that makes you pull the trigger before you can field strip it? In some police stations they have special chutes you're supposed to point the gun at even after you're triple and quadruple sure it's unloaded and clear. The range could have easily installed something like that. Still doesn't help if the operator is a retard though. Anyone else besides me put on a III-A vest when you go to a public range?
I never go to a public range anymore. Bobs was the last one I went to many years ago. After getting swept about 10 times in 10 minutes I left and never went to a public range again.

Is Glock the only pistol that makes you pull the trigger before you can field strip it?
Not sure about other striker fired pistols, but even without this requirement, once you separate the top from the bottom the firing pin is going home.

Edit: there is a firing pin safety on a Glock though. Yeah, I am not keen on relying on any safety features to make up for a lack of adherence to general firearms safety principles.

Last edited:
Just the blatant stupidity is beyond comprehension to me. You NEVER POINT A WEAPON IN THE DIRECTION OF A HUMAN INCLUDING YOURSELF. THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY STRIPED OF HIS RIGHT TO OWN A WEAPON ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET!!
Never? Or only sometimes never?

Why should he lose his right to carry or own a gun just because he made a mistake? Nobody died. How about just letting nature takes its course and weed out the idiots along the way, while minding our own business.

I never go to a public range anymore. Bobs was the last one I went to many years ago. After getting swept about 10 times in 10 minutes I left and never went to a public range again.

It's the hotshots who bring their girlfriends to the range who have never handled a firearm in their lives and the guys think it would be funny to hand em a .45 1911. They get surprised after the first shot and finger is still on the trigger but the gun is now being waved around towards where it shouldn't.

Never? Or only sometimes never?

Why should he lose his right to carry or own a gun just because he made a mistake? Nobody died. How about just letting nature takes its course and weed out the idiots along the way, while minding our own business.
Does he get another chance to put a round where my 10 year old's head would be?

EVERY public range I've been to says to keep guns unloaded except for on the range. I download any guns I'm going to be using, I used to keep my carry gun on my hip under the concealed means concealed mantra.

This guy has a pretty serious issue with doing the correct thing at the correct time. I'm not all in on him losing his rights, but damn, stupid should be costly.

EVERY public range I've been to says to keep guns unloaded except for on the range. I download any guns I'm going to be using, I used to keep my carry gun on my hip under the concealed means concealed mantra.

This guy has a pretty serious issue with doing the correct thing at the correct time. I'm not all in on him losing his rights, but damn, stupid should be costly.
How does it differ from every a**h*** out there driving a vehicle on a daily basis? Or a guy wiring your house with a hangover? Or cooking your kids food in a shitty filthy restaurant? One accident and you’re done for life?

Sure I’d be down for a pain penalty but whose choice is that to make and how will it stop idiots from being idiots? You can’t without making more and useless laws until we’re buried even further down the hole.

You download your guns? Thats awesome

Just the blatant stupidity is beyond comprehension to me. You NEVER POINT A WEAPON IN THE DIRECTION OF A HUMAN INCLUDING YOURSELF. THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE PERMANENTLY STRIPED OF HIS RIGHT TO OWN A WEAPON ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET!!
So if you have ever done anything stupid you should be stripped of the right to self defense?

Shields you can voluntarily pull the trigger over the finding something to push the deactivation lever
Not sure what percent of people choose either way

Same, had a guy lay all his guns 3 rifles and 2 pistols on the table pointing all of them down the table where me and one other person were.
I informed him of his action and left. One other time, asked for an all clear so I could go down range to replace some targets. As I am walking back they are at the table finger f***ing an AR. f*** YOU guys and left.

There are two possible reactions to an experience like this. One is to reform yourself and get safe, because now you know. The other is to continue being stupid. I think most people learn from an experience like this, so this guy is probably safer than an average shooter now. Probably. Either that, or he's a walking CF who will never learn. Kind of hard to tell from here. Maybe talk to the guy to figure out what sort of person he is.

The range has offered them complimentary safety classes. I think they should take them up on the offer.

Back
Top Bottom