Woman shoots, kills intruder at her Kaufman County home

mikeyp

NES Member
Another one of those instances of defensive gun use that the left says never happens

Woman shoots, kills intruder at her Kaufman County home

KAUFMAN COUNTY, Texas — A woman shot and killed an intruder Thursday morning at her Kaufman County home, authorities said.

The woman called 911 around 9:45 a.m. to report a "burglary in progress" at her home in the 8000 block of FM 2757 in an unincorporated part of Kaufman County, according to the sheriff's office.

The caller said she woke up to someone banging on her front door. She did not recognize the man or his vehicle so did not open the door, officials said.

The woman said she heard someone kick in her back door, so she went into another room and locked herself in a closet. She stayed on the phone with 911 "until she was confronted by the intruder," according to the sheriff's office.

The man, identified as 46-year-old Nikusubila N. A. Makwangwala, of Dallas, was found dead inside the home when sheriff deputies arrived.

The Kaufman County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Rangers are investigating.

With a name like Macwangwala, I kinda doubt he's from Dallas
Is this another case of immigrants doing jobs Americans don't want? Not too much of a demand for home invader/bullet catcher

Good for her! Gotta love a strong castle doctrine and those who are saved by it.

He damned sure wasn't just looking for directions.

Doesn't sound like he was there just to rob the place.
The world won't miss a beat over his demise.
Wife and I were discussing this last night.

A lot of kind, gentle, naive types think any case of breaking and entering must be economic desperation. They argue that you just need to barricade in a closet and shout, “Take whatever you want,” and you’ll be safe. People have made this argument to me as reason for not needing to be armed. But they don’t realize/admit many crimes are motivated by a desire to feel powerful. No other way to explain criminals tying up a man and making him watch as they rape his wife. That was an example from Tom Givens who taught my first CCW course in Memphis.

Sad that another example is given just one day after we discussed it.

Good for her! Gotta love a strong castle doctrine and those who are saved by it.

He damned sure wasn't just looking for directions.

I don't give two shits if he WAS actually looking for directions. Kick down a door, get killed. It's that simple.

probably will turn out to be that she was dating the guy.

If he was just an intruder then I'm happy it ended how it did. sometimes there is usually more to some of these stories. So I'd be interested to see of any additional information is gleaned from the investigation.

This is easy to tune into a Columbo case.

"He drives up and rings the bell or knocks on the door.

She tells him to go around the back the door is open, but already kicked in and just shut so he enters.

She yells down to him that she is upstairs..

He goes up and she says I am in here....

and before all this she is on the phone with the dispatcher telling her story about how someone kicked on the door and she is hiding upstairs.

He enters the room and shoots him while the dispatcher is on the phone."

This is an easy one...lol

Back
Top Bottom