• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woman Shoots Herself While Trying to Kill Mice

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,378142,00.html

POTTER VALLEY, Calif. — A Mendocino County woman who was trying to kill mice in her trailer with a gun ended up shooting herself and another person.
The 43-year-old woman pulled out her .44-caliber Magnum revolver after she saw the mice scurrying across the floor of her trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, sheriff's officials said.
But she accidentally dropped the gun, which went off as it struck the floor. The bullet went through the woman's kneecap, bounced off the keys sitting on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer and grazed the man's groin before ending up in his coin pocket. [rofl]
Authorities did not release the shooting victims' names.
The mice escaped the shooting unharmed.

The bullet went through the woman's kneecap, bounced off the keys sitting on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer and grazed the man's groin before ending up in his coin pocket.

Sounds a bit far feteched....

Sounds like one of the characters in Catch-22; the pilot who waited in the dark with his .45 in one hand and the light pull in the other, hoping for a shot at the mouse. [rolleyes]

This reminds me of an old thread on sigforum where this guy made up a colorful story about how he was running around his garage with a .38 SPL j-frame and some shotshells trying to gun down a rat. [laugh]

-Mike

This reminds me of an old thread on sigforum where this guy made up a colorful story about how he was running around his garage with a .38 SPL j-frame and some shotshells trying to gun down a rat. [laugh]

-Mike

That would work.

Remind me to tell you the story about the time I killed two rats with one swing of a 5-iron.

If it's on the net than it must be true right? [smile]

Actually, there is a plethora stupid people out there, this doesn't suprise me a bit.

I once shot a groundhog with a marlin 336 in 35 Remington. It was the only gun handy at the time . I have to admit 35 rem does a good job on groundhogs theres nothing to clean up after your done.

What 44 mag would go off if dropped? I thought that since the 44 mag was made, all guns had a hammer block.

I think what you are referring to is that when the Ruger Super Blackhawks came outin '73, they came with a transfer bar safety and that drew some criticism. But that was limited at the time to the Rugers, now a lot of manufacturers include similar safeties, but not all. I've seen plenty of Smiths around on the used market chambered for the big old .44 with firing pins on the hammer.

Back
Top Bottom