Woman shoots dog in Springfield, MA

Think of the Philadelphia woman who got busted in NJ for gun charges. When authorities make it impossible for you to defend yourself, you make the choice of facing the risk of being a victim or violating the law and getting arrested and charged, and then the moment truly comes when you have to choose ‘judged by 12 or carried by 6’, you end up judged by 12. I surely hope she gets a bit more help from just herself here.
true and I'd nullify the jury if I was on it and they were pulling a gun charge cuz gun charge BS. I'd never vote to convict someone just for defending themselves with an "illegal" gun.

You think that's something - loogadis ... a charge for possession of two blanks:

----------

true and I'd nullify the jury if I was on it and they were pulling a gun charge cuz gun charge BS. I'd never vote to convict someone just for defending themselves with an "illegal" gun.
In the unlikely event it goes to a jury, you can bet that the court will not allow the fact that she was licensed in GA to be admitted because it is irrelevant to "did she or did she not carry a gun in MA", but a very real part of the motivation would be to avoid anything that depicts here as an upstanding citizen with a clean enough record to be licensed to carry.

Natural rights by definition cannot be regulated.
Regulation is about power and the ability to use force against someone for doing something, not about moral righteousness. Statements like the above are meaningless, as they most certainly can, and are, regulated. Even the right to breathe can be regulated (as in "The right of the police to bear arms and knees shall not be infringed")

Regulation is about power and the ability to use force against someone for doing something, not about moral righteousness. Statements like the above are meaningless, as they most certainly can, and are, regulated. Even the right to breathe can be regulated (as in "The right of the police to bear arms and knees shall not be infringed")

It's a good thing that one of my mottoes is, "Never too soon."

It's up with, "The best beer is: "Freeancold," and the Six P Principle. [laugh]

The DA doesn't decide to prosecute in the district court. The police officer brings an application for criminal complaint, and a clerk magistrate decides if a complaint issued. The DA doesn't get involved until the arraignment
Which is basically a rubber-stamped OK from the CM on the application. Like 209A restraining orders, the issue rate probably hovers somewhere in the 99.9% range.

Is this woman white?

That's what I'm wondering. I'm thinking, no name to hide her race, no mention of charges, because it's racist to prosecute a black person especially a womenz. This will be the last you here of it. Cops arrested her because that's what you do when you find an illegal gun. DA is gonna nope, nope, nope, his white ass right out of it.

You know if it was a white male we would have his name, address and political affiliation even if they still weren't sure if it was his gun or even if he was the shooter.

Someone tell me again why Massachusetts recognizes out of state drivers licenses???

Because NY tried that shit in 93-94? The made the driving age 18 and started pulling over any OOS car with a driver who looked young. Huge payday with all the fines, court fees, tow kickback, etc... It forced the fed to create a law requiring states to honor each other's licenses. It was so broadly written in the beginning that people were saying it meant they had to honor LTCs also. They quickly changed that law to exclude LTCs.

She should show up to court wearing a che Guevera t-shirt, a pussy hat and then claim that the dogs are symbols of the patriarchy and that letting her go will allow her to pursue her social justice causes and allow her to attend an upcoming protest/bend the knee moment. Presto, they let her out the back door of the court and give her the gun back.

If they don't give the gun back they'll at least give her a pallet of bricks.

You think that's something - loogadis ... a charge for possession of two blanks:

----------

In the unlikely event it goes to a jury, you can bet that the court will not allow the fact that she was licensed in GA to be admitted because it is irrelevant to "did she or did she not carry a gun in MA", but a very real part of the motivation would be to avoid anything that depicts here as an upstanding citizen with a clean enough record to be licensed to carry.
A friend from Haverhill took his grade-school kids to the annual wreath ceremony held on the Rocks Village Bridge between West Newbury and Merrimac on Memorial Day a few years ago. The local VFW fired a rifle salute as a bugler played "Taps". After the ceremony, his boys picked up a few of the spent blank cartridges. A cop spotted them and demanded that they hand over the spent blanks or all three would be arrested for illegal possession of ammunition! No wonder why more and more people hate cops!

This is a tough one, for the PD... Arrest her, or hire her? [laugh]
Granted; although the article is unclear: is she batting 500 or 1000?
(To wit: did she shoot at both dogs, or only the unlucky one?)

Obligatory artist's conception:
DirectImaginaryAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

I bet the dog killed was a registered democratic voter
We don't know how the dog voted while it was alive,
but it's a cinch it'll be voting Democrat from here on out...

Back
Top Bottom