Woman kidnapped from Dollar General parking lot after letting ‘homeless’ couple into her car

KVX

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The woman told authorities she let them in after they asked for respite from the cold.

Jessie Thibodeau and Nichole Murphy –Dudley Police Department

A woman told police she was kidnapped from the parking lot of a Dollar General in Dudley on Tuesday night after she let a couple she believed to be homeless in her car to get out of the cold.
The man and woman, identified by police as Dudley residents Jessie Thibodeau, 44, and Nichole Murphy, 31, were arrested in the predawn hours Wednesday and are facing charges including kidnapping, armed robbery, and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, according to Dudley police. Both Thibodeau and Murphy are expected to be arraigned Wednesday in Dudley District Court.
Police said a woman walked into the Webster Police Department around 8 p.m. on Tuesday to report that she had been held against her will in her own vehicle. She told authorities she was parked outside the Dollar General Store in Dudley when a man and woman, whom she didn’t know, approached her car.
“These individuals stated that they were homeless and asked to smoke inside of her vehicle to get out of the cold,” police said.
When the woman let them inside the car, the man, later identified by police as Thibodeau, allegedly told her he had a gun to the back of her head.
“The victim stated that the two wanted cash and made her drive them around Webster, Massachusetts for approximately one hour,” police said. “She stated that the individuals advised her to contact anyone that she could get money from.”
They later instructed her to drop them off at The Wash Tub Laundromat in Dudley, where they got out of the car and walked away, according to police. The victim reported her license, cell phone, and $20 stolen at that time.
Officers responding to the incident observed a man matching the description given by the victim in video surveillance, authorities said.
“During this time, it was learned a second person had reported a male and female approached her vehicle at the Dollar General parking lot shortly before this incident,” police said. “This person stated that a male knocked on the car window and asked for a ride down the street. The male party then attempted to open the door, however; the person was able to drive away.”
The person provided similar descriptions of the suspects, police said.
Officers located what appeared to be fresh footprints in the snow near where the victim reported the man and woman left her car. Police tracked the footprints to a residence on Green Street.
“The lights were turned off and there was no response at the door. Based upon photos of possible suspects and other information, it was believed the involved parties were present at that residence,” police said.
Officers entered the residence around 1 a.m. on Wednesday after being granted a search warrant. Thibodeau and Murphy were arrested and charged with armed robbery, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, kidnapping, and larceny from a person. Thibodeau was also arrested on an outstanding warrant, according to police, and both were held on bail pending their court appearances Wednesday.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, I know it's a bit clich'e but "No good deed goes unpunished".

This is 2019 folks......not 1933 during the depression when people would take in strangers. There are plenty of officially sanctioned places for a "homeless" person to go to get out of the cold these days.....the very stupid woman learned a valuable lesson in life and she's lucky she is alive to practice it.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
My wife says "you can't judge a person by their appearance". Yeah you can, and pretty accurately too.
Yes you can. While I will never be absolute, I've got a general idea.

Last night we went to the store and were going home. Left turn lane onto a road that is 2-lanes divided. In front of us is a landscaping truck with a plow and sander attached. Guy is barely in the left turn lane. Light goes green and he has trouble going forward. Make the turn, drives in the left, middle(there is no middle - he made one), right then left lane. THEN turns on his blinker and slides right.

"Margafarga Guatemalan illegal who has barely a driver's license and has never seen snow!"

"Now you don't know that!"

Didn't I??? Landscaper. Can't drive. Has no idea where he is or where he is going. Yet driving a plow. I'm pretty sure. I didn't run the guy off the road to prove my point, but I'm reasonably sure. Clearly the person was not skilled in driving in the US nor in the snow.

nutsym16

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She to clerk " Do you carry the kidnapping game " Clerk , not in store, but check the parking lot "

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
seriously? if you're shopping at the dollar store you deserve to be kidnapped. but that's just me. (same goes for harbor freight aficionados)
Agree on Dollah'stoiah. Disagree on HF. For stuff I'm not going to use contractor-level ever in my life, it's perfect. No reason NOT to shop there for a low-grade tool.

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Elizabeth Smart paid the price for her Dad’s snowflakery. I wonder if he blames himself for letting those bums into his house.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
seriously? if you're shopping at the dollar store you deserve to be kidnapped. but that's just me. (same goes for harbor freight aficionados)
Around here, Dollar General is the only store. Although I don't go there for much, usually something like "oh no I am cooking and ran out of mayo, get some now" kind of thing.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Wait, how do the police determine that the couple is inside a locked up unlit house, by looking at pictures of them? I mean it sounds like these two dregs are better served in the clink, and that Dudley/Webda is better off with them there as well. Im just curious how the whole this is what they look like, yup definitely in there then, thing works.

Top Bottom