Woman Escapes Attacker

She probably wasn't carrying in the house.

How'd he get her gun though?

The kicker will be is if she gets hit with an unsafe storage charge. If she's smart she didn't run her mouth to the police too much about how he got the
gun, unless he took it out of her hands.

-Mike

The kicker will be is if she gets hit with an unsafe storage charge. If she's smart she didn't run her mouth to the police too much about how he got the
gun
, unless he took it out of her hands.

-Mike

I hope that doesn't happen to her, but about a year or two ago, there was a story about a guy in Braintree who took his dog out for a walk and when he got back he found that his house had been broken into, and he told the police that his gun was also stolen, but apparently not locked up. Of course, this being Massachusetts, the victim was then charged and had his licensed revoked.

I hope that doesn't happen to her, but about a year or two ago, there was a story about a guy in Braintree who took his dog out for a walk and when he got back he found that his house had been broken into, and he told the police that his gun was also stolen, but apparently not locked up. Of course, this being Massachusetts, the victim was then charged and had his licensed revoked.

Well, this all part of a pattern as Massachusetts also charges rape victims for public lewdness. [thinking] Oh wait, they don't so why are they blaming the victim here? [banghead]

Did the guy get convicted?

gun, unless he took it out of her hands.

-Mike

Well MGL only requires a trigger lock, so one can legally leave a gun sitting on a table with a trigger lock and be legally compliant. Unlike the way most chiefs/LOs think, MGL on storage is NOT an anti-theft law, it is only an anti-immediate use law and designed so that it takes a tool and a few seconds to unlock it before one can use the gun.

That said, I would expect almost all the non-green towns to charge the person, revoke their LTC and confiscate all that they own under the guise of "unsuitability"! [thinking] [rolleyes]

Well, this all part of a pattern as Massachusetts also charges rape victims for public lewdness. [thinking] Oh wait, they don't so why are they blaming the victim here? [banghead]

Did the guy get convicted?

I don't know what the outcome was, but I remember reading that story and just couldn't believe that they had made the victim the wrong-doer. Honestly, why couldn't the cop looking around the house have omitted that fact and let him off with a verbal warning?

Well MGL only requires a trigger lock, so one can legally leave a gun sitting on a table with a trigger lock and be legally compliant. Unlike the way most chiefs/LOs think, MGL on storage is NOT an anti-theft law, it is only an anti-immediate use law and designed so that it takes a tool and a few seconds to unlock it before one can use the gun.

That said, I would expect almost all the non-green towns to charge the person, revoke their LTC and confiscate all that they own under the guise of "unsuitability"! [thinking] [rolleyes]

I bet this is exactly the mindset of most departments.

Back
Top Bottom