• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woman arrested for pointing stun gun

So much cringe in this it's not even funny. It's kind of 2A related, kind of off topic, so mods move this to off topic if I put it in the wrong place.

Woman points stun gun at man after he claims to have coronavirus, says he’ll cough on her, MBTA Transit Police say

A Lawrence woman was arrested for illegally possessing a stun gun after authorities say she threatened to use it on a man who told her he had coronavirus and was going to cough on her.

The MBTA Transit Police said on Tuesday around 4 p.m., a transit officer was on patrol at the MBTA’s Ashmont station when he was approached by a man.

The man told the officer that a woman, later identified as 20-year-old Danae Perez, of Lawrence, threatened to tase him while pointing a stun gun at him.

The officer saw Perez walking on Dorchester Avenue and caught up with her. The officer, according to transit police, found Perez had a stun gun on her.

Perez told the officer she had an argument with the victim.

“Perez claims the victim told her he had the coronavirus and she alleged he threatened to cough on her,” police said. “Perez states at this time she removed her stun gun pointed it at the victim and threatened to tase him if he coughed.”

Perez was charged with illegal possession of an electronic stun gun. Perez was placed into custody for illegal possession of an electronic stun gun and transported to TPD HQ for the arrest booking process.

MBTA officials said there is a disinfection protocol to clean subway and commuter rail stations to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Hand sanitizers were installed in the MBTA’s facilities and there are regular cleanings of handrails, guard rails, fare machines and other “contact areas.”

Personnel will be disinfecting that equipment every four hours, and all MBTA vehicles every day.

On Tuesday, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker declared a state of emergency as states across the United States respond to COVID-19.

As of Wednesday, there were six confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 89 presumptive positive cases of the virus in Massachusetts.

Baker encouraged older adults to avoid large crowds including riding the MBTA.

The CDC also encouraged social distancing which is avoiding mass gathering and maintaining a distance of roughly 6 feet from other people.

If any of you believe that the T is disinfecting the vehicles, I can assure you, based on postings on social media from the VPof Local 589 and many posts from friends that are still working that the stuff Baker is feeding the media is pure B.S.

So much cringe in this it's not even funny. It's kind of 2A related, kind of off topic, so mods move this to off topic if I put it in the wrong place.

Woman points stun gun at man after he claims to have coronavirus, says he’ll cough on her, MBTA Transit Police say

A Lawrence woman was arrested for illegally possessing a stun gun after authorities say she threatened to use it on a man who told her he had coronavirus and was going to cough on her.

The man told the officer that a woman, later identified as 20-year-old Danae Perez, of Lawrence, threatened to tase him while pointing a stun gun at him.
“Perez claims the victim told her he had the coronavirus and she alleged he threatened to cough on her,” police said. “Perez states at this time she removed her stun gun pointed it at the victim and threatened to tase him if he coughed.”
Perez was charged with illegal possession of an electronic stun gun. Perez was placed into custody for illegal possession of an electronic stun gun and transported to TPD HQ for the arrest booking process.
If true, good enough for me. If you told me that you had it and purposefully exposed me to it that is an assault that deserves a response. In her case giving a less than lethal response.
Besides what good is a cleaning station if they COUGH IN YOUR FACE. But like many things in this day and age the response is always "I was just joking".
That being said we all know they lie when they say they clean their vehicles. Clean with mop water imported from the bondi's island sewer system cleaning the Connecticut river, maybe.

I thank God every day I no longer have to use the MBTA. I grew up riding the orange and green lines nearly every day and it is one of the most disgusting and dangerous things you can do. Lunatics, criminals, disease, all out teenage riots and gang brawls on the platform when English high school let out for the day, getting stuck in the tunnel as the car fills with acrid burning rubber smoke, the occasional wet seat... that’s bs that she was arrested for defending herself, it’s a madhouse.

She will walk and with money I hope. There was a BS stun gun case that made its way to the great OLD SCOUTUS

Stun gun? Those don't fire... pointing does nothing. You have to press it against the person. Did they mean taser? Those can be fired.

Oh, and F Massachusetts.

Back
Top Bottom