• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Woman arrested after shooting possible intruder

If he didn't recognize her, and most likely didn't recognize the stuff inside the apartment when the door was open, why force your way in. Should've let the door close and thought about where he was. If need be knock again and ask what floor he's on. I'm used to looking and feeling dumb but don't need to he shot

I always thought parental consent was required. Hopefully a lawyer will see this. I do believe that the legal system in LA is different than the rest of the country somehow. Not sure if that is a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always thought parental consent was required. Hopefully a lawyer will see this. I do believe that the legal system in LA is different than the rest of the country somehow. Not sure if that is a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, LA uses civil law (French based) rather than common law (British based). It's too bad her kid didn't keep his mouth shut. Gotta teach em young.

Every time I've heard it, no parental or custodial (covers court appointed guardians) consent, means no questioning minors. Hopefully, any first year law student can get the kids statements tossed.

Every time I've heard it, no parental or custodial (covers court appointed guardians) consent, means no questioning minors. Hopefully, any first year law student can get the kids statements tossed.

Yep, but the jury will likely hear it before then, even if later asked to disregard. Problem is what is heard can't be unheard, same as what is seen can't be unseen...

NO, parental consent is usually not required.

The police can generally question a minor in most states, no parental consent or notification required.

Children have the same "Miranda" rights as adults, if not more so -- the rules the cops have to play by are stricter than with adults, for example an interrogator must take age into account in determining whether a suspect would feel free to leave... otherwise creating a "custodial" situation that requires Miranda warnings.

Would a 9 year old even be able to understand "You have the right to remain silent"?

Back
Top Bottom