• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wolfeboro, NH: Wright Museum Goes Anti, Destroys Historical Items

Not a single neg review on Trip Advisor.

No difference between this and Holocaust denial or other revisionist history.

I guess the Nazi’s have finally won

No. The NSDAP died when the red army slaughtered and raped its way into Berlin in '45. The commies won. Back then and now. Would AOC or Ihlan Omar or any of these other fahksticks be able to gain political power if this wasn't the case? Methinks not. Commies always and forever will seek to edit and rewrite history. This is why they want to censor the internet.

In regards to a museum destroying historical artifacts, well, they obviously care more about their stupid political agenda and/ or virtue signaling their way into nonexistance than they care about the preservation of history. Fahk em!

The Civil Rights Act was needed because certain people, mostly in the south, refused to recognize the basic civil rights of others. There are times, when people and businesses behave so badly that government must step in to protect those who are unable to protect themselves.

Private property that is open to the public, must be open to all. Black, hispanics, jews, aisians and even those who are legally carrying guns. Fortunately, NH does not have laws like those in most southern states that allow businesses to post no guns allowed signs and then get someone who is carrying and ignores such a sign convicted of a crime. Even Massachusetts has no such law.

Sorry, the right to bear arms is a Civil Right. If anti-gun legislators attempt to enact a law similar to those in the south that allow businesses to create crimes by the mere posting of no guns allowed signs what will you do? Support? Oppose? OR put your head in the sand an ignore the bill? In a state that has a vast number of citizens carrying guns, it is impractical to have such a law because most of the state would be off limits. Then, when people try to disarm in their car and have an accidental discharge due to the confined space of the car the antis will have more reason to push to restrict gun carrying.

The civil rights act wasn't written correctly It should have been written to prevent government from passing laws that discriminated and laws that required businesses to discriminate. What you either forget, were never taught, or never researched, is that the Southern State GOVERNMENTS made it mandatory for businesses to only serve whites or blacks. A business in the South that wanted to allow customers of any race on equal footing was fined by the government until they complied.

Here is a Jim Crow law from Georgia:

"Wine and Beer. All persons licensed to conduct the business of selling beer or wine...shall serve either white people exclusively or colored people exclusively and shall not sell to the two races within the same room at any time"

Note that BY LAW, a business that sold alcohol was BANNED from serving both whites and blacks. They had to serve one or the other. It didn't mater if the business owner was a racist or not, the owner was BANNED BY LAW from acting in a non-racist way. These laws were all over the place and affected every business type.

So Government literally blocked the market from working. Because in a free market, the businesses that sold to anyone would thrive by the simple fact that they would have more customers. In a free market if a racist barber put out a sign that said white only, anyone else could setup shop next to them with a sign that read everyone allowed and unless the town had only racists inhabiting it (impossible), the non racist would see profits rise due to simple fact that their customer base was larger.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I called them yesterday in regards to donating my large collection of WWII books. Does anyone know of another organization that would be interested?

Perhaps the American Heritage Museum in Hudson?

Not seeing any related posts on their FacePlant site. Are they able to scrub this stuff from view?

Yes.

Done. Left a few comments about destroying history and hiding from the public they should serve.

They have been called out for deleting post. Looks like they have stopped. Recommend visiting the facebook page and share your thoughts. Calling out my H-minus brothers and fellow vets to rally against destruction of our history against aggression.

My post of this link on the FB page "Curious and Relics Central" (which is a great page for C&R collectors!) had commenting turned off. One who responded said that Wolfesboro was his home town and his family knows the board members. He insisted that it was an insurance requirement; I replied that we've all heard that excuse before, but no one has ever produced an insurance contract that proved it.

I still call BS on that claim.

My post of this link on the FB page "Curious and Relics Central" (which is a great page for C&R collectors!) had commenting turned off. One who responded said that Wolfesboro was his home town and his family knows the board members. He insisted that it was an insurance requirement; I replied that we've all heard that excuse before, but no one has ever produced an insurance contract that proved it.

Insurance? Sure. We all know there is a huge problem with thugs going into a museum, smashing the glass in front of a museum piece, and then just mowing down everyone else in the museum with it.

Hey woah, it's not all of MA's fault. You have VT hippies, and NY transplants as well...
Lol

Don't get in the way of their misplaced outrage. The most liberal folks I've ever met were born and bred in NH. NORTHERN NH.

It's like VT and "oh, they're liberal but they like guns" stuff. How did that work out for them????

IF they TRULY LOVE HISTORY, they will find another company, or another way to make it work.

I received this response from the museum. He says the word "decommission" but then says "firing pins will be removed". I wish he could say "ONLY firing pins will be removed".

Dear JoseyWales,

I am sorry that false online comments have painted such an incorrect picture of the Wright. Thank you for reaching out to learn the truth regarding this issue.

We think the Wright is a special place for American history education and it will remain as it has for the last 25th years.

The entire Museum staff considers all the items in our Permanent Collection to be sacred objects, held in trust for future generations of Americans. As Museum professionals, we would never destroy any historical object.

The only thing that will change at the Wright as it relates to firearms is that we will decommission them. Firing pins will be removed, labeled and keep in a secure area. In respect to educating visitors, there will be no apparent change as the weapons are exhibited. The only people who handle our collection firearms are the staff – as is true of all other objects in the Collection - as is true at all history museums. Again, as Museum professionals, we must maintain collection items in a way that assures their long-time presence for future generations.

When we open in May 2020, for the first time in our history there will be a new secure gun case in which all weapons in the Wright Permanent Collection will be displayed. We are fortunate that a generous donor has made the creation of the case possible.

I sincerely hope that you will visit the Museum before making any decisions about the Wright. We will continue to exhibit as much of our Collection as possible in a professional and respective manner.

Michael Culver, Ph.D.

Last edited:
I received this response from the museum. He says the word "decommission" but then says "firing pins will be removed". I wish he could say "ONLY firing pins will be removed".

Dear JoseyWales,

I am sorry that false online comments have painted such an incorrect picture of the Wright. Thank you for reaching out to learn the truth regarding this issue.

We think the Wright is a special place for American history education and it will remain as it has for the last 25th years.

The entire Museum staff considers all the items in our Permanent Collection to be sacred objects, held in trust for future generations of Americans. As Museum professionals, we would never destroy any historical object.

The only thing that will change at the Wright as it relates to firearms is that we will decommission them. Firing pins will be removed, labeled and keep in a secure area. In respect to educating visitors, there will be no apparent change as the weapons are exhibited. The only people who handle our collection firearms are the staff – as is true of all other objects in the Collection - as is true at all history museums. Again, as Museum professionals, we must maintain collection items in a way that assures their long-time presence for future generations.

When we open in May 2020, for the first time in our history there will be a new secure gun case in which all weapons in the Wright Permanent Collection will be displayed. We are fortunate that a generous donor has made the creation of the case possible.

I sincerely hope that you will visit the Museum before making any decisions about the Wright. We will continue to exhibit as much of our Collection as possible in a professional and respective manner.

Michael Culver, Ph.D.

Interesting. In his reply to me yesterday morning, which is almost word for word the same, he made no mention of the firing pins, only that they would be "decomissioned."

Maybe the push back has caused a course change to keeping them as firearms (decomissioning/deactivating generally mean permanently altering the guns to be no longer legal firearms by way of physically destroying part of the receiver).

First of all, thank you for visiting and recommending the Wright to others. We think it is a special place for American history education.

The Museum will remain as you remember it. The entire Museum staff consider all the items in our Permanent Collection to be sacred objects, held in trust for future generations of Americans.

As Museum professionals, we would never destroy any historical object.

I suspect you are speaking about firearms since that has been an issue recently. The only thing that will change at the Wright as it relates to firearms is that we will decommission them. In respect to educating visitors, there will be no apparent change as the weapons are exhibited. The only people who handle our collection firearms are the staff – as is true of all other objects in the Collection. As is true of all history museums. Again, as Museum professionals, we must maintain collection items in a way that assures their long-time presence for future generations.

I sincerely hope that you will return to visit the Museum and see that no historical object has been destroyed. In fact, we will continue to exhibit as much of our Collection as possible in a professional and respective manner.

Sincerely,

What about the reenactments is he walking back on those now?

Those of you who have received a response should ask about that. When I hear back I will ask.

OK, they'll give you the "firing pin excuse" for now, but how do you hold them accountable, so they don't just change later?

Got to get them to make some sort of public statement/declaration that they have reconsidered their horrible initial choice, and to say WHY it was SO WRONG.

Oh, and the reason is the covering up of history. Isn't that what the Nazi's and Russians tried to do? Isn't that one of the underlying principles our side fought against?

People from NH just refuse to admit that. Of the couple of dozen people I know who moved to New Hampshire, one couple, who moved from MA in the 1970s are liberal. Every other person moved to get away from MA, buy the guns they wanted, pay less in taxes, and not have to put up with MA BS.

It's the public schools and libraries that are making NH blue, not people moving in from other states.

Don't get in the way of their misplaced outrage. The most liberal folks I've ever met were born and bred in NH. NORTHERN NH.

It's like VT and "oh, they're liberal but they like guns" stuff. How did that work out for them????

Insurance? Sure. We all know there is a huge problem with thugs going into a museum, smashing the glass in front of a museum piece, and then just mowing down everyone else in the museum with it.
museum1.jpg

Hey buddy, can you spare a clip?

OK, they'll give you the "firing pin excuse" for now, but how do you hold them accountable, so they don't just change later?
Troll them to put the firearms into a trust administered by an independent group.
They should do it for the children.

museum1.jpg

Hey buddy, can you spare a clip?.
But wait... we were told on FB (by someone who KNOWS because he's originally from Wolfeboro and his family knows EVERYone at the museum), that they don't even have any firearms on display, so this was all just fake news. All they're doing is building new secure and alarmed display cases so that they can put their firearms on display!

And that got the thread locked.

Back
Top Bottom