wolf primers

houdini

NES Member
has any one used wolf primers? I saw them at the show in fichburg are they non corrosive or any good and how long do they store for. the prices was cheaper than all the other primers

They're non-corrosive. I've used the small pistol variety. The brass cup ones have a great reputation. The silver cup ones seem to be a little large and take some more effort to seat. They are also harder. My bone stock 686SSR lights them off with no problem. My M&P with the "old" striker assembly has frequent FTF with them.

I've been using the large pistol and the small rifle-.223 rem. I haven't had any problems and they are a lot less expensive than others.

I have used Wolf small pistol, small pistol magnum, small rifle magnum, and large pistol with pretty good results, but some signs of poor QC. The problem being anvils falling out of the primers while they are loaded into the pick up tube.

Another problem was failure to ignite in my S&W 9mm M&Ps. Apparently they are a little too hard to ignite in these pistols (two or three FTFs per 100). This problem did not occur in my M&P 45. The problem did not surface in my 40 Glocks and the Wolf small rifle magnum primers have worked flawlessly in my Para .40 for over 10,000 rounds.

At this point I consider Wolf primers great for practice but would prefer good old WW for match use. The one exception would be the small rifle magnum primers in the .40 Para and 223. Also, I have seen no difference in results on my chrono; these primers give consistent results comparable to my favorite WWs.

gone through my first case of em this past year. wonderful primers (Small Rifle Magnum). They've worked so well that I decided to buy another 10k of the Small Rifle .223 (same cup as the magnums, but a bit hotter of a pop).

cant comment on the pistol primers, although from what I've seen, they're harder than the hinges on the gates of hell (AKA, dont use them in lightened up wheelguns and semiauto's)

The Wolf Large Rifle primers are some of the preferred primers among long range high power shooters.

B

I just got 5K Wolf large pistol primers at the Fitchburg show too. Loaded up some test loads. Will let you know in a few days how we made out. Off to Harvard this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom