• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wolf ammo ( .40 Smith & Wesson )

Anyone have any experience using Wolf ammuntion? I just ordered 5 box's of
WF40FMJ Wolf 40 S&W 180gr FMJ for $13.25 per box ( 50 count ), which I thought was a good deal. This is just for range use. The gun being used is a S&W M&P.

I wouldn't buy a ton of it unless you've tested a box or two in your gun and like it. I find wolf to be underpowered and REALLY dirty, but it works for some.

I remember awhile back the propellant they used made my friend's handgun smell like rotten fish. (no, I'm not kidding... ) I think they changed it
though, it's not quite as rank anymore.

-Mike

I remember awhile back the propellant they used made my friend's handgun smell like rotten fish. (no, I'm not kidding... )
I've noticed their 45 ammo smelled like someone passed wind. Wolf resells low bidder foreign ammo (generally Russion or eastern european), and is a mixed bag ranging from the mediocre to excellent depending on the product. I've been using their primers lately (small rifle) in 40 S&W and 38 Super loads for 1911s with great results.

Most of their centerfire steel-cased line is made at Tula. Wolf Gold is repackaged S&B or Prvi. Their .22s are also made by another company.

Back
Top Bottom